• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GARO: The One Who Shines in the Darkness

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I know we have a tokusatsu thread of sorts here in the forum, however i wanted to address this show independently briefly, in the hopes that maybe some of the other members who haven't taken to toku will take an interest.

The opening doesn't tell you much other then this is a PRETTY looking show, some great FX are on display here and it could just be a show about that and it would be amazing to look at, but there's some great action scenes too as well as some promising characters. The show is only two episodes in so far so the story quality has yet to be spoken for, however, there have been two Garo shows prior to this one and both have had positive fan reaction towards it's writing.

I personally have only just started watching but i assure you that you don't need any prior knowledge from the previous shows to watch this one, i have no idea what the previous shows are about but i have very few questions regarding the story, most of which i expect to be revealed as i watch more.

Bump that up to 720p, even if you can't it still looks pretty damn good. Having just watched episode 2 i can tell you it only gets better from there.

I honestly advise giving this a try, i will say however that it gets pretty NSFW at times. This is no sunday morning kids show.

Rayl

Oh i fully intend to bring it back to the thread when this one dies out, which honestly? Nobody seems to be interested, which is a shame because it's actually a really good show.

I said in the first post i hadn't watched the first two seasons, something i'm now in the process of doing while waiting for new episodes of the new show and i'm totally sucked in, it's a great show.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh i fully intend to bring it back to the thread when this one dies out, which honestly? Nobody seems to be interested, which is a shame because it's actually a really good show.

I said in the first post i hadn't watched the first two seasons, something i'm now in the process of doing while waiting for new episodes of the new show and i'm totally sucked in, it's a great show.

This will help:

FOLKS THIS ISN'T A CHILDREN'S SHOW. IT HAS BLOOD, DEATH, SMOKING, AND FEMALE NUDITY, NO LIE. SO BOYS AND SOME GIRLS HOP ON THE GARO BANDWAGEN.

The thread should explode now. Lol

Rayl

I came for the Jam Project, the story and the awesome fight scenes myself~

i won't say no to the nudity though.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I came for the Jam Project, the story and the awesome fight scenes myself~

i won't say no to the nudity though.

I actually didn't know Garo had nudity. I was watching the first episode of the second series (I thought it was the first lol) and I was shocked by the topless chick. I had to remind myself that Garo is not childrens Toku.

KRSkull

i am watching the first episode and it is super awesome. I don't know about you guys but to me it have a Devil May Cry feeling.

Rayl

I didn't think to look at it that way, i can actually see where you're coming from when you say that.

KRSkull

I just finished watching the first season of Garo. Its really amazing. they really put a lot of time and thought into it.

Rayl

The more i watch it, the more it solidifies itself as one of my all time favourite shows.

Great action, great story and some great VFX for a japanese tv show, all of that and Jam Project as well? It doesn't get much better then this.

KRSkull

Sorry for Double posting but there is going to be a fourth season its called GARO: Makai no Hana (aka The Makai Flower). it is the sequel to GARO: Makai Senki and continues after the movie, Demon Dragon of the Blue Cries.

Top Bottom