• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GAME OF THRONES GAME!- All Purpose

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
This is basically the all purpose thread for the new Game of Thrones game that will be released. Unfortunately, there isn't too much information to go around, but certainly we can discuss what we would like to see until we DO hear something.

Please, keep the crappy PC version out of this. Thanks! :)

So I'll start by asking, what would you like to see in this game? In terms of characters, events, places, quests? What would you like to see in the Seven Kingdoms?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
What is the difference of the PC version and any of the other versions?

there was an old PC RTS they released a while back...This is about the RPG they're releasing for the consoles (and maybe PC?)..glad you brought that up because I don't want to offend anyone who plays PC games..to clarify, the old game was called Game of Thrones- Genesis, released ONLY for the PC...and it just sucked..there are no other words for it...the one I'm talking about is just Game of Thrones (The Game? lol)

Asmodaius

I did hear about a Game of Thrones game that got really low ratings in a review from Gametrailers, so wasn't sure if it was that you talked about or something else. And I didn't know there was released another game.

Could you post a trailer or something?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
That would be awesome. It would be very exciting (imo) if we could choose between all the different major characters and play the game from their point of view/experiences, exactly how it's done in the books. Or have it as a general RPG game - creating our own characters, deciding were do we want them/what do we want them to be (people at the wall, or King's Landing.etc) and view the whole stuff through /our/ eyes, allowing us to travel through a massive world and see the whole place, from the Iron Islands to Vaes Dothrak - though to be honest, maybe I wish too much of it. We shall see XD

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
so far, from the look of it, the game starts with Jon Arryn's death...they have two characters they created, one is a red priest and I forget what the other one is. The game will switch perspectives between the two in different chapters and while they start on opposing sides, apparently they eventually become companions...it has the politics/strategy/sneakiness of the books and apparently George has worked closely with this. You see the effects of the book events transpire in other parts of Westeros as opposed to acting out those events...I feel like I'm forgetting something...ooh skill trees and different classes for combat!

Asmodaius

There are books too? Hm... of course there are. All books are being turned into a movie or TV these days.
I'm just glad they hit it right with this one.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Yeah...if you didn't read the first one, you're not missing much...it's literally exactly the same as the show...you can just as easily read the second season if you'd like lol

Asmodaius

If they follow the main story, then it would be on par with the Dragon Age series. I just hope they keep the gameplay interesting then.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
It sounds interesting, but I wish I knew more about combat/gameplay aside from how you make choices that somewhat effect the story. As far as the red priest goes, I'm pretty sure it's not Thoros of Myr (I would love the flaming sword), but they never specified. I think they mentioned something about trying to release it with the start of the new season

------EDIT----------------
It is not Thoros of Myr and the other character is a brother of the Night's Watch
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/06/game-of-thrones-rpg-gets-first-story-details-new-screenshots/ I'm not sure if this article says it, but in another one that I read, it said that both of these characters were once soldiers in Robert's army

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Awesome, I love the Night's Watch. Though calling it an RPG and only have us choose between two kinds of characters seems a bit unfair to me. I won't have issues if it actually turns good, but I would have liked to play as an assassin from an assassin's guild - I'm pretty sure they mentioned the Faceless Men once in Game of Thrones - or a Knight. Can't see any sort of wizard in Game of Thrones but oh well.

As for the flaming sword, maybe we'll get to see it. I think it was something to do with the god of the red priests, so maybe..XD

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
you don't choose between the two...you play as both, just in different moments...it's weird like that...like in the books?

Oh sorry, then, I should have said that I would have wanted a few different perspectives to play. Though in a game 2 may be enough - depending on how big is the game, to be honest in the 1st book there aren't too many battles so yeah I can see why they did it like that. However, I'm guessing you might get to choose in the end, if they end up together.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
If that's true I'm interested to see what the Night's Watch member can use. Perhaps he acquired some wildling spells we haven't even seen in the books. Something original. I like that.

Top Bottom