• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future DMC Story

SuperDante007

Hey guys, wow it's been a LONG time since I've been on this forum. Hope all is well with you guys. So I've recently gotten back into DMC and have been brainstorming where the series could go. One core element I came up with concerns the DMC4 art book involving Dantes "perfect devil trigger." I like the idea of it being vastly above even the likes of Sparda but having the danger of him losing his humanity. Given that in DMC4, Dante isn't really challenged at all and is simply playing around, I thought he would actually make one of, if not the greatest potential antagonist. The basic idea is that it could be post DMC2 or if you would prefer to ignore that game completely, simply set after DMC4 following a mission where Dante actually goes to inferno/hell/underworld. In his time there, Dantes demon side began to grow in power due to his surroundings and at one stage, he is actually pushed to his limit. I'm not sure what threat he could face that would actually push him that far but he goes there. Either that or his demon side simply comes more and more to the surface due to him being in hell. Either way, at one point his demon side comes to the surface and evolves, his TRUE power coming out (possibly in connection with Rebellion as we still don't know the swords true purpose unlike Yamato.) He unwittingly transforms into his perfect DT and the demon side actually takes over (Spardas story but in reverse) which is kind of poetic. Once he transforms into this state, he goes 'feral' but instead of taking control of hell ala Mundus, he simply goes on a rampage throughout the hellish realm, causing demons to spill out onto earth to escape his wrath. At this stage, he is far above even Sparda and is a neigh all powerful being. This would all transpire in the prologue and the story starts with Trish and Lady coming to find Nero. After filling him in on what happened, Nero vows to bring Dante back as he figures he is basically in his debt due to the events in DMC4. Trish points out that he isn't strong enough to stand a chance against dark Dante and will need help, giving him the Sparda sword. On his mission into hell, Nero (who has matured greatly since DMC4) will need to wield the powers or possibly even the spirits of Vergil (via Yamato) and Sparda himself to reach out and bring Dantes humanity back to the forefront. This is a very fresh idea in my mind (although I posted something years ago along the same lines of Dante going dark while in hell) and would love input from you guys. I see this as being a story that could actually be quite deep and emotional given that it would rely on Dantes father, brother and nephew trying to bring him back from a darkness nobody ever thought he would be in touch with and could have some excellent scenes. Vergil in spirit form or whatever could even reflect to Dante that his inner darkness was his undoing. Also, you could imagine the epicness of the Dante boss battle at the end that would make the Mundus battle seem like a regular enemy fight given that it could be a physical fight that phases from real time into a fight inside Dantes mind and beyond as Dante is basically unbeatable in a straight fight so his human side needs to be reached and he essentially needs to fight himself to regain control. Feel free to comment on if you like or hate the idea lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom