• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fun activity: find all the mistakes in "34 Dangerous DMC Facts!!!"

Viper

Premium
This video is kinda like homework quickly scrapped together after playing video games all night. There are some things he misunderstood or quite frankly pulled out of his ass. Like fact 15... Dante eats pizza cause it's a cheap take-out and characteristic for New York inspired settings, there is literally no proof he likes it as a memento of last moments with his family, otherwise there'd be chocolate cake as well.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
1. There was nothing that really said Antonio Redgrave in DMC and Bayonetta were the same was there?

2. He doesn't get infected by Nelo Angelo. He IS Nelo Angelo.

3. I never noticed that.

4. Yep.

5. That is true.

6. This is true.

7. Oh THIS question has been constantly talked about.

8. Obviously

9. Why did they put the DmC box for DMC1? DmC isn't in the original series.

10. That's probably true, but why did they use the DMC1 box.

11. This is true.

12. This whole argument has been crazy

13. True

14. That was a cool trailer

15. Um...who said that?

16. Yep they did.

17. Talks about DmC; shows DMC3 Dante. Dante doesn't wield the Red Queen. Nero did. The only moves that are used by DmC!Dante from Nero is the wide-arc way he swings his sword and the grab mechanic. Kat wasn't reeally Dante's "love intrest". Just Dante's connection to humanity.

18. Oh I didn't know that.

19. Oh yeah, that line.

20. True.

21. Oh yeah, that was fun to do.

22. Yep

23. Is that true, cause I remember that was suppose to be Dante's name in the supposed RE game.

24. It was a reference

25. True

26. He'll say both.

27. This is true.

28. Oh yeah, I never really noticed that.

29. It's not THAT hard. But that's probably cause I put hours into the game.

30. I didn't know that.

31. This is true.

32. He pronounces Kyrie's name odd.

33. I actually liked this skin in DMC2.

34. The olives are put on there by accident and just eats them anyway.

Sorry to be such a petty fan though :facepalm:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
1) I heard that before actually. I think I read it on the Bayonetta wiki, that Kamiya stated on Twitter that Dante took the name Anthony Redgrave after a journalist he respected.

2)Suspected he lost? I'd say, no sh!t he lost. Also, like Dragon said, he wasn't 'infected' he became Nelo Angelo.
That's like saying Anakin Skywalker was infected by Darth Vader

3) Heard that before as well, this time on the DMC wiki

4) Pretty sure I saw a picture of Lady in the magazine. But don't recall him actually reading about DMC4 (I really wanted to make a Deadpool joke)

5) I remember the Beowulf one

6) Did he think he was talking about the girl from Kingdom Hearts?

7) Well it was said flat out in the game he's connected to Sparda. That still doesn't tell us too much

8) I'd actually read before that Sparda meant Sword

9).......Well I guess if DmC ever gets sequels or prequels or anything. Then it would be Devil May Cry 1 for THAT series. On that note, much as I love these games, the chronological order gives me a headache sometimes.

10) Did not know that, pretty cool

11) I actually first heard of Anonymous through Youtube comments of DmC's trailers.

12) I'm just saying, you can't deny they had a similar hairdo. Emphasis on had since they did update Dante's design, which included a new haircut....It's actually similar to how I get my haircut.

13) Shop? So is he talking about classic Dante? But he's showing reboot Dante? Huh

14) Seen pictures, but I never saw the full trailer. But it does convince me that Reuben is one of those voice actors who could totally play his character in live-action.

15)......Okay that's news. I literally only ever heard it was because Kamiya thought pizza was the greatest food ever.

16) Say what you want about DmC, it has a pretty great soundtrack.

17) Mentions DmC Dante, shows DMC3 Dante.... Nero has the Red Queen. Though I agree, Nero and the reboot Dante are similar.

18) I didn't know that. The DMC3 icon is Lady sitting on her rocket launcher, and if you go to delete it, she starts to cry. Don't know if she does anything if you copy though

19) Small bit, but it quickens the pace a bit, and removes a line that overall isn't needed for the characters or story

20) But that's the DMC4 devil trigger....I point out that version of Vergil is from DMC4 as well. But it's the same design, so who cares? Only doing this now so no one will later.

21) Yeah but it was kinda meh...Least for my cousin when I made him do it :p

22) I tweeted to Dan on twitter that I was a big fan of Vergil and the Quantum Ranger. He actually liked my comment....Senpai noticed me!

23) Well no, originally when DMC1 was gong to be RE4 (or Re3?), the main character was a superhuman named Tony, who then became a half-demon named Dante

24) He said it, I thought it

25) Never heard that before, but I believe it.

26) I thought it was random which he said

27) We've all heard that

28) Whoa

29) Wouldn't know, I usually stick to Rebellion, and change to other weapons rarely

30) Well they're both capcom

31) Really? I mean I always assumed Dante simply channeled demonic energy into his guns and that's what he was firing. Didn't know this was actually stated anywhere though

32) I f@#ked up the first time I did this.

33) Said DMC2, showed DMC3 initially

34) To be fair, I doubt Dante only eats pizza and sundaes.....Probably

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
1) I heard that before actually. I think I read it on the Bayonetta wiki, that Kamiya stated on Twitter that Dante took the name Anthony Redgrave after a journalist her respected.
People still believe that Bayo and DMC happens int the same universe even after Itsuono explained there are no angels in DMC or the fact that Eva's death is already shown in DMC media? I guess it can't be helped.
4) Pretty sure I saw a picture of Lady in the magazine. But don't recall him actually reading about DMC4 (I really wanted to make a Deadpool joke)
You can read it too:
XebBvdq.png

15)......Okay that's news. I literally only ever heard it was because Kamiya thought pizza was the greatest food ever.
He said that. Never was said pizza had special meaning for DMC world or story.
34) To be fair, I doubt Dante only eats pizza and sundaes.....Probably
Old novels had him eating chicken and other food I can't remember the name, but it was Jessica who did that for him and for her family.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
People still believe that Bayo and DMC happens int the same universe even after Itsuono explained there are no angels in DMC or the fact that Eva's death is already shown in DMC media? I guess it can't be helped.
When did I say they took place in the same universe?
Also could you link me to where it was confirmed there was no such thing as angels in the original canon?
Cause I've hear conflicting accounts.
And what does Eva's death have to do with anything?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
When did I say they took place in the same universe?
I didn't say it was you, but people still insists on that, even if other media shows Eva as a perfectly normal woman and dying like one. People still insist she wasn't a simple lady.
Also could you link me to where it was confirmed there was no such thing as angels in the original canon?
Cause I've hear conflicting accounts.
The interview is here , somewhere in the forum. It was video ( related to DMC4 Se)where Itsuno explains that clearly and says DMC is inspired in Devilman. Give some time to find it, please!

UPDATE:
The interview is here. Acording to them there is no heaven, there are no angels in DMC universe.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well... As far as I can see this is what they got wrong:

1. Right off the bat Tony Redgrave was an alias Dante had. At no point was there any mention of him being a Journalist nor that his full name was Antonio. In fact, before the novel became canon the story was that Dante took his father's guns to a gunsmith name Tony Redgrave who spent two years re crafting the guns. Dante was so impressed he asked for that engraving. The names are simply a reference to the game in Bayonetta, like how a Phantom isn't proof that they exist in the same universe.

Also, Antonio Redgrave doesn't study supernatural events, he followed one story his entire career, the legend of the Umbran Witches and the Lumen Sages. He was the mockery of his peers and I'm not sure how he paid the bills only looking for the one story and publishing nothing else but what do I know?

Anyway, even if you argue that they are they same person that's all it is, an argument. There is no official evidence of any link between the two men, besides their names so right off the bat the first fact is not a fact but a fan theory.

2. Vergil doesn't get infected, there was no Nelo Angelo before he got there. He became Nelo Angelo.
Edit:
That's like saying Anakin Skywalker was infected by Darth Vader
What he said.

8. That's because one of the original names for the character was going to be Espada (Italian). It's not wrong but I thought a bit of DMC history would be nice.

9. That's not DMC1.

10. That's not DMC3.

15. I'll be needing a source for that.

16. I don't think that's true. I was under the impression that they simply loaned their song from their latest album. I have no proof of this so I'll have to leave up in the air for debate.

17. That's not DmC Dante.
"Dante wields a Red Queen which is similar in the matter Dante wields Rebellion."
Kat as Dante's love interest... Debatable but not unlikely.

20. Those are not Kazuma Kaneko's designs and no he did not, in fact, design Vergil. Daigo Ikeno designed the characters in DMC3, including Vergil. Kaneko only designed the DTs.

21. I'm 90% positive that those worked on the standard edition of DMC3.

23. No he wasn't. Tony Redgrave had a female partner in one of the game's drafts named Aisha and further on when he was a cop he still had that partner, but I'm 75% positive Dante and Tony were never partners. I'll have to check the artbook.

Edit:
I've looked this one up and there is a possibility that at one point Dante and Tony were partners. It's not clear if it's true or not but a definite possibility.

24. I'll be needing a source on that.

25. Vorgil? Also, I think he might be overselling the Vergil outcry. I remember there was a lot of people hoping and wanting a playable Vergil but I wouldn't go as far as calling it a 'massive outcry.'

30. That's not DMC3 Dante.

31. I'll have to look at my manual to verify that one.

33. That's not DMC2 footage.
That's not DMC2's Rebellion.

34. He eats other things. The problem is it just became popular to say that he only eats pizza like a maniac.

Anyway. I saw this video a few months ago and I didn't care for it. A few facts were wrong but alot of the visuals were definitly off. I was going to leave a comment but I think the poor guy already had more than enough internet hate on the comments from peeved fanboys who don't let mistakes like these go unpunished.

Last edited:
Top Bottom