• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Force Edge / Sparda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I like DMC3 - but there was one thing that really disappointed me - when the Force Edge combined with the two amulets, it stayed in its Force Edge state, rather than turning into its 'true' form, the Sparda.

Was anyone else disappointed with this? I know you could say that it was just because Arkham wasn't of Sparda's bloodline, but I think it would have tied in nicely with DMC1.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I wish I could remember that point of the game. It kinda rings a bell but, sadly, my memory isn't what it used to be. :ninja:

I started playing Devil May Cry Special Edition again two nights ago and managed to get as far as Mission 3 so far. As soon as I get to that point that hopefully I'll be able to add something more relevant to the topic. ^_^

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Devil Leon;63132 said:
I like DMC3 - but there was one thing that really disappointed me - when the Force Edge combined with the two amulets, it stayed in its Force Edge state, rather than turning into its 'true' form, the Sparda.

Was anyone else disappointed with this? I know you could say that it was just because Arkham wasn't of Sparda's bloodline, but I think it would have tied in nicely with DMC1.

Well, that's Capcom for ya. Always messing up the storylines. It would have made more sence for the sword to transform. It might have also been better if Arkham had used the sword and stayed in Sparda form or another BETTER form. Grape jelly Arkham was a weak idea, makes ya wonder if they just ran out of designs.

Buuuuuuut I guess they wanted Vergil to be the main and best humaniod opponent.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Yeah, it would have been fun to fight a 'Sparda-clone', I think they should have made Arkham a two part battle (well it kind of is) but with the first form Arkham in Sparda form.

tettora

Completely agree they should have kept demon form instead of blobby. Always hoped they'd throw in human form Sparda for fun too.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yes, and a REAL humaniod Sparda with his own individual looks. Not a Sparda twin with his hair slicked back wearing Sparda's clothes. *coughDMC3and1Spardacough*

AK_Devil

AK Devil hunter
I personally think it would've been more challenging if he was in the Sparda form instead of the blob form.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
No, i much prefer them leaving the sparda sword part in Dmc1 and not putting it in three.

Chrysander

I think it would have been cool if you started fighting Arkham and he was in the Sparda form, then after you kick his butt for a while, he transformed into that big blob for a while (but with less health), and Vergil shows up. I liked the idea that Arkham couldn't handle the power, so him turning into a blob because of it was quite cool, although he was a douchebag.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^just my opinion, i think it looks better leaving it out of three.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Arkham couldn't handle that power and obviously neither could the twins at that point, or they just didn't know it could.

I'm just mad it doesn't into sparda when you are Sparda.

Sparda™

What definitely disappointed me, was the shape-shifting of Arkham into a giant jelly-like monster. If he stayed as Sparda, or evolve in an ultimate form, It could have been cooler and challenging.

Plus, having a Vergil that does Helm Breaker: Level 2 all the time, and a storm of Judgment Cuts was still disappointing. It would have been cooler, If he could morph in a darker state, maybe having the traits of Nelo Angelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom