• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

For the astronerds and science lovers

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Anyone hear the sounds coming off the latest Rosetta comet?
OMG the PREDATORS ARE REAL.

Okay, point of thread:
http://www.iflscience.com/space/signs-planet-x-and-maybe-y

There may be two large planets just beyond Neptune. It's a theory. FYI for the peeps who dig astronomy like I do. Planet X and maybe Planet Y.

Also, did anybody know they've been looking for Planet X for the past 100 years? When did that dude walk on the Moon the first time? When did space venturing become a reality? Just wondering because I had no idea we had the tech a century ago to go exploring space, unless the whole 'searching for the past century' was just an ill-used expression in the article.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's pretty incredible how much science has advanced over the years. A lot of things that were once considered science fiction, are now becoming a reality. Artificial intelligence is getting more advanced, we have successfully performed teleportation, and the discovery of the Higgs Boson.

It's all very exciting.

Meg

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Also, did anybody know they've been looking for Planet X for the past 100 years? When did that dude walk on the Moon the first time? When did space venturing become a reality? Just wondering because I had no idea we had the tech a century ago to go exploring space, unless the whole 'searching for the past century' was just an ill-used expression in the article.
Pluto was discovered in 1930, sooooooo :cautious:

berto

I Saw the Devil
to your question about exploring space.
sputnik was the first man made satellite. Our exploration of space actually began with astronomy and astrology so it's actually quite old.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
We knew teleportation was possible for ages. QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT!!! I mean a lot is possible. Einstein believed in time travel hence the Einstein Rosen bridge. I should make a thread with constant news of science because who here loves science more than me? NO ONE! hahahahahahaa!!!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
We knew teleportation was possible for ages. QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT!!! I mean a lot is possible. Einstein believed in time travel hence the Einstein Rosen bridge. I should make a thread with constant news of science because who here loves science more than me? NO ONE! hahahahahahaa!!!
Dude feel free to take over my thread if you like, it'd serve one and the same purpose :)

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Hnnng dat science.
There are still a few things I wish to be alive to experience in the near future.
1. An equation that further makes us understand time, space, everything like E=MC2 did. Maybe there is one, but we haven't found that equation yet.
2. Humans colonizing another planet.
3. The time when the government actually believes in science (fat chance)

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
This thread began on the strange noises coming from the comet during the Rosetta mission. but aren't any of you interested that during the 60 hours it spent active, the probe managed to pick up organic substances on the comet?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay so are these two planets officially part of our solar system ?
Are they truly planets ?
Has the number of planets in our solar system increased ?
They theorize that based on the gravitational forces at work in that part of our solar system, it could possibly mean the existence of another one or two big planets, yep. They haven't discovered it yet as such, but they're running with the theory that it's possible.

Top Bottom