• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

First Tattoo

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
View attachment 13
pic related, it's my first tattoo. :p

i finally got up the money yesterday to go into a shop. i'd been tossing around ideas for 2 years on what to get...and i liked tribal suns, but i didn't want to go tribal because you may as well just get someone elses arm tattooed onto yours. i wanted something original, so i designed it myself :)

went in yesterday because they said to give 2 days notice so they could resize it, etc...but when i came in they said "oh, we can do it now if you like" :lol:
it was excruciating at parts, it took an hour, i was glad when it ended, and i'm very f***ing happy with the result. :D

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Thats awesome dude! congrats ^_^

you wait as soon as you get one you'll want a hundred more :) an hours pretty good, have they said to go back for any touch ups?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I want a custom one as well, the design I made has sat around for ages waiting for me to find a quality or trustworthy tattooist. I finally settled on one in Birmingham and then... I moved. Now he's so far away I doubt it's feasible to make an appointment. And I'm dubious of most others.

...Now I don't know if it'll ever get done. Maybe if I take a weekend up in Sheffield to visit my parents sometime I can get it done on West Street, if that tattoo and piercing place still exists.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I want a custom one as well, the design I made has sat around for ages waiting for me to find a quality or trustworthy tattooist. I finally settled on one in Birmingham and then... I moved. Now he's so far away I doubt it's feasible to make an appointment. And I'm dubious of most others.

...Now I don't know if it'll ever get done. Maybe if I take a weekend up in Sheffield to visit my parents sometime I can get it done on West Street, if that tattoo and piercing place still exists.
i had a similar problem. i started talking to a guy that's been in my spanish classes all year. he had both of his arms covered in colorful and richly detailed sleeves, so i just asked him where to go. i figure if someone has that many and doesn't have HIV then it must be pretty good. :lol:

if you're serious, i'd recommend you do the same!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Nice Cheez. So you designed it yourself - apart from the tribal suns what else inspired you to design it? I'm Interested in the pattern. It's very unique - I'd do the same if I ever got one. It's been at the back of my mind for ages, but like Lexy said - it's where to go?!

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Round my area there isn't realy too much differences between artists (unless you want them to design something for you) so I don't think it realy matters too much who you pick, just make sure they have a shop, my first was done for me when I was underage at my house! then a couple of weeks later I found out he had lost his liscence for H and S reasons o_O but he was "old sckool" I think things are a bit more monitored now-a-days so I wouldnt let reasons like that get in the way if anyone wants one, just go for it ;)

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Nice Cheez. So you designed it yourself - apart from the tribal suns what else inspired you to design it? I'm Interested in the pattern. It's very unique - I'd do the same if I ever got one. It's been at the back of my mind for ages, but like Lexy said - it's where to go?!
well..it's a bit farfetch'd to be honest. back in fall i was going through one of my radiohead phases and started doing abstracts of their songs... more or less just hear the song in my head and try to draw what i heard: sometimes looking, sometimes not. most of them look cool and all, but the Idioteque abstract really grabbed my attention so i did the best i could to translate it into the general shape of a sun.

i guess you could say it was inspired by something that was inspired by a radiohead song :lol:

here's the abstract... i think it'd function as a decent tattoo on its own to be honest.
View attachment 14

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ Nice! I like Idioteque. Interesting abstract.
A tattoo inspired by a song - a very good idea! :cool:
(That reminds me I must listen to King of Limbs! - It arrived the other day, I just haven't had the chance to put it onto itunes.)

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while...I don't have the figure for the more detailed ones to go on my torso/back but I wouldn't mind smaller ones on my shoulders/arms or legs. It all depends what I want too as well...It would be my first tat so...a lot of thinking is involved lol.

Osaka

trollololol
I'd love to get a tat, mainly covering an area of my back. Trouble is I'm never sure what I really would want, so I guess about a month later I'd be thinking about wanting it removed, somehow (well I know you can have them removed by laser but it looks bad after.) Might just get a henna tat instead lol.

Top Bottom