• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

First details on Devil May Cry 4 demo

Dark Drakan

Admin
First hints at a DMC 4 demo.

CVG said:
The first details have emerged on the pre-release demo of Devil May Cry 4... even if we don't have a clue when or where it's going to hit.

The ten minute demo is a mish-mash of portions from Devil May Cry 4's story, including cut-up sections from Fortuna city as well as a bit from that icy level we've seen a thousand screenshots of.

Excitingly a boss character called Berial (probably demon for 'Barry') is also said to feature. Oh Capcom, you're spoiling us!

Speculation did kick off on the net that the DMC4 demo would be coming only to Xbox Live Marketplace in December, but Capcom has since debunked the rumour as "incorrect".

"The news you're looking for is not far off... a little more patience please," posted a Capcom spokesperson on a company forum.

So it's probably coming to box Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, and news isn't far off? Let's hope we get it before Christmas.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Heres some more information from this story.

CVG said:
The promised PS3 and Xbox 360 Devil May Cry 4 demo will be out in early 2008.

"Fully demonstrating the power of the next generation of consoles, the Devil May Cry 4 demo brings to life the coastal city of Fortuna and its surroundings, such as the port and snow-capped mountain ranges in exquisite detail", Capcom has said.

It's added that the demo consists of a sampling of sections from the full game which have been chosen "to showcase Devil May Cry 4's varied locales and allows gamers to familiarize themselves with Nero's unique abilities".

"Players will receive instruction on the various new actions that the Devil Bringer bestows, such as the ability to slam creatures to the ground, cover great distances in a single bound or even grab enemies while on the ground or in the air and pull them towards Nero to continue the attack combo."

It'll also allow players to get a handle on the Exceed system which allows Nero to "rev up" his sword - as if it were a motorbike, apparently - and unleash monster attacks.

"Players will need to master all these techniques before the end of demo showdown with the mighty Berial."

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
yeah its all good for PS3 and Xbox 360 players, but what about people who play it on PC like me, i dont get a demo jsut about 2 months of waiting =[ i want a PS3 lol

Dark Drakan

Admin
arkham;62868 said:
yeah its all good for PS3 and Xbox 360 players, but what about people who play it on PC like me, i dont get a demo jsut about 2 months of waiting =[ i want a PS3 lol

If there is any word on a PC demo i will report on it when its mentioned.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Demo's still not out :( I hope it comes out soon, I cant stand waiting for the game's release, this is just what I need to keep me going.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
You and me both buddy. I've been checking psn daily for the past 2 weeks hoping to see it. Don't think I have ever been this anxious for any game... Ever. I just... dont think I... I cant wait any longer>_< ...

Chrysander

I hope you nice people in America and possibly Japan share some vids early for us poor saps in Europe and other inferior countries

Joyce_Nero

I also have an american account at PS3 store and check it every day! ;_; I was hoping I get it until my holidays are over! XD

Ryujin

DARK SLAYER
hey peeps add me to your psn online and meez xheck the store everyday and im just anxious to get my hands on dmc4 its so frudtrating!!!

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I haven't checked Xbox Live for the past few days but I'm guessing the Devil May Cry 4 demo still won't have made an appearance. I'm not all that worried, though, Devil May Cry 4 will be released in just over three weeks and I'm gonna try my best to hold off playing the DMC4 demo and wait for my Devil May Cry 4 Limited Edition to arrive.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Good luck with that. I know when that demo is released i'm going to be all over it like white on rice and then when I go to pick up my copy Devil May Cry 4 Limted Edition from work, i'm going to be all over it like rats on a dumpster cracker.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I checked XBL yesterday and still nothing, havent checked today because I'm getting tired of being disappointed every time its not there. When it finally arrives I'll be playing it a lot, learning to use Nero well ready for DMC4, and its just something to do through this painful wait.

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
KingSwole;63525 said:
Good luck with that. I know when that demo is released i'm going to be all over it like white on rice and then when I go to pick up my copy Devil May Cry 4 Limted Edition from work, i'm going to be all over it like rats on a dumpster cracker.

Amen

Top Bottom