• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Iron Fist

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm gonna try and write a review for it on Saturday.

There is also a new Iron Fist comic coming out on the 22nd if anyone is interested.
Iron_Fist_1_Cover-195x300.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/33370-re-enter-the-immortal-weapon-as-iron-fist-returns-in-new-ongoing.html

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
http://www.nme.com/news/tv/iron-fist-star-blames-donald-trump-bad-reviews-2016992
‘Iron Fist’ star Finn Jones blames Donald Trump for bad reviews

pjimage-1.jpg

I think the world has changed a lot since we were filming that television show,” he said. “I’m playing a white American billionaire superhero, at a time when the white American billionaire archetype is public enemy number one, especially in the US.

giphy.gif

If that's the case, how come this guy
4778782-3828613029-Olive.jpg

This guy
latest

and ESPECIALLY this guy
justice-league-movie-image-batman-flash-costume-600x312.jpeg

are still popular and are absolutely loved even to this day?

Maybe it has nothing to do with White Privlage (for once) and everything to do with the fact that the show might not be as good as you hoped. Did you ever consider that??

Meg

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/iron-fist-star-blames-donald-trump-bad-reviews-2016992
‘Iron Fist’ star Finn Jones blames Donald Trump for bad reviews

pjimage-1.jpg

I think the world has changed a lot since we were filming that television show,” he said. “I’m playing a white American billionaire superhero, at a time when the white American billionaire archetype is public enemy number one, especially in the US.

giphy.gif

If that's the case, how come this guy
4778782-3828613029-Olive.jpg

This guy
latest

and ESPECIALLY this guy
justice-league-movie-image-batman-flash-costume-600x312.jpeg

are still popular and are absolutely loved even to this day?

Maybe it has nothing to do with White Privlage (for once) and everything to do with the fact that the show might not be as good as you hoped. Did you ever consider that??
I was really hoping him blaming Donald Trump was gonna be a joke. It wasn't. :facepalm:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Just watching the first episode now. Don't know anything about Iron Fist's character so maybe that will make it more enjoyable to watch?

Mind you I don't like Jessica Jones or Luke Cage and I knew nothing about them either - it's starting a bit more interesting than those two did though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Maybe/ maybe not because you would start nitpicking or something. Fresh eyes can be good for perspective.

So far ive watched the first two episodes and i started watching the third. Its pretty sweet just more of a slow burn.

There are some mystical elements but fans might get impatient. They focus more on being grounded with the Rand company at stake. The meachams are the starter villian (even if they arent necessarily villians yet). They are alright but a bit tried and true so fans/critics might be dismissive.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Just about to start episode 3 but so far I'm really enjoying it.

The pace works for me - not too slow, not too fast. I like it.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Watched up to episode 4 today, pretty nice to see a not so uber dark and groveling Marvel Character on Netflix.
It's gonna be interesting how all of them will play together in Defenders, since they are pretty polarising personalities.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The only real good thing to come out of the Iron Fist in my opinion is that now a lot of people see that RT isn't always a reliable source to decide what's good and what isn't, and that it's up to the viewers themselves.

*Bitter 'BvS deserved better' Grumbles*

Dark Drakan

Admin
Netflix cancels Iron Fist after second season, but character lives on

“Marvel’s Iron Fist will not return for a third season on Netflix,” Netflix confirmed in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is proud of the series and grateful for all of the hard work from our incredible cast, crew and showrunners. We’re thankful to the fans who have watched these two seasons, and for the partnership we’ve shared on this series. While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on.”

Looks like the reception to the 1st season killed it in the end as Season 2 did much better.​

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That is a such a bummer because Iron Fist season was such an improvement over the first. I was invested and really excited for a season 3.

:facepalm::frown:.

Oh well there is always the chance they could do Heroes 4 hire- the luke cage/iron fist team up show.

Iron fist was a 50/50 shot anyway. He's a good character but never really stood out from the pack on his own. He's Marvel's green arrow- a good character with potential but best used in ensembles as he's stuck in someone else's shadow.

Batman for Green Arrow and Daredevil for Iron Fist.

Iron fist has the cooler powers/mythos but Green Arrow has the better personality which means more than you think.

Season 1's biggest screwup was they fumbled the ball pretty bad with Danny. Some saw him as unlikable but i just saw him as flimsy and confusing from a character standpoint.

This would have been a better take on him.

Top Bottom