• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy XIII – team talks cancelled DLC, possible sequel

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
This is for you, Meg. :D

As was done with other Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy XIII recently received its own ‘Ultimania Omega’ book in Japan. The book contains interviews and behind-the-scenes discussions with the development team, revealing interesting new details.

The team had planned downloadable content, titled ‘Seventh Ark’, for Final Fantasy XIII. Originally, the downloadable content was intended to be included in the full game, but it was taken out after the team’s hectic development schedule caught up to them. The area would’ve been accessible through the third warp gate in Orphan’s Cradle. Although, after technical problems reared their ugly heads, including those involved with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360’s different download platforms, the team cancelled the project. On top of that, the team did not believe the content would live up to expectations. The book contains two screenshots showing the a work-in-progress version of the cancelled location.

Also in the book: producer Yoshinori Kitase touched upon a Final Fantasy XIII sequel, as well. He said that if there’s demand, it could very well happen. For now, though, the team has moved onto their next project. Kitase wants them to steadily be able to release a new game every two years.

Thanks, GAF.

Source: http://scrawlfx.com/2010/10/final-fantasy-xiii-team-talks-cancelled-dlc-possible-sequel

I for one, demands a sequel for Final Fantasy XIII. :D

P.S. - Meg, your fan fiction also have similar name with the planned DLC name, which is Seventh Eidolon. Coincidence, maybe? ^_^

Meg

Re: Final Fantasy XIII – team talks cancelled DLC, possible sequel

*ahem* fangirl-ness is coming

*inhales*

(Spoilered for sheer stupidity of it)

Ho.Ly. SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god.

Words can not describe. HOLY SH*T! I DEMAND a sequel. That ending was horrible there NEEDS to be a sequel. Oooooh man I really hope they have spies on fanfiction.net that are looking to steal ideas. I HAVE to finish my story now. Oh this is great. The part of me that died when I heard about the epilogue book has just been REBORN! Honesty, my heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread. Hoooooly freaking sh*t. *faints*

Thank you Chaos Master! THANK YOU!!!!!! *hugs tightly* Rep+

Lightning: Normally I wouldn't get excited about....well anything, but this. HELL YES I'M COMING BACK B*TCHES! *kisses CM*
Meg: You MIGHT come back.
Lightning: Oh its happening. I'll make sure of that.
Meg: Bet you anything the game takes place like 500 years into the future, so you're not even in it. :p
Lightning: O_O
Meg: Just kidding! They wouldn't do that. Right?............right?*knocks on wood*

aka958

Don't trust people

Meg;279505 said:

*inhales*

Ho.Ly. SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god.

Words can not describe. HOLY SH*T! I DEMAND a sequel. That ending was horrible there NEEDS to be a sequel. Oooooh man I really hope they have spies on fanfiction.net that are looking to steal ideas. I HAVE to finish my story now. Oh this is great. The part of me that died when I heard about the epilogue book has just been REBORN! Honesty, my heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread. Hoooooly freaking sh*t. *faints*

Lightning: Normally I wouldn't get excited about....well anything, but this. HELL YES I'M COMING BACK B*TCHES! *kisses CM*
Meg: Bet you anything the game takes place like 500 years into the future, so you're not even in it. :p
Meg: Just kidding! They wouldn't do that. Right?............right?*knocks on wood*

This, exckuding the tight hug and Rep+ to Meg aswell for the awesome reply. :p

aka958

Don't trust people
^As a matter of fact, I did not. :p

Seeing you had replied in that thread made it even more important to read. xP

Meg

Oh haha!

I like how CM didn't stick around for my reply. He probably went to find a fangirl explosion shield. XD

aka958

Don't trust people

Meg;279515 said:
Oh haha!

I like how CM didn't stick around for my reply. He probably went to find a fangirl explosion shield. XD

But it was true. :unsure:

I think you're past fangirl explosions made his shield break. He is looking for a new one probably. An enhanced one to handle you're explosions of epic proportions, but I think he will have a hard time looking since they are scarce. :p

Meg

^ I figured it was true. I was just laughing cause it was funny. :( *hugs* All better?

Not only did I break his shield, but the sheer force probably blasted him all the way to the moon.

aka958

Don't trust people

Meg;279518 said:
^ I figured it was true. I was just laughing cause it was funny. :( *hugs* All better?

Not only did I break his shield, but the sheer force probably blasted him all the way to the moon.

It's all better. :D

Yeah... Luckily he still got internet, I think. :p

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

Meg;279505 said:

*inhales*

No problem. I was laughing like hell when I saw your reply here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, Lightning kissed me and Meg hugs me... This is a dream come true. :D:D:D:D

Meg

Chaos Master;279577 said:
No problem. I was laughing like hell when I saw your reply here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mission accomplished! I live to make people laugh. :lol:

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I like this thread - it made me smile! :D And yay I'd love a sequel. Life just isn't the same without a Final Fantasy game taking over my life!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ok, I'm gonna look reallysrupid here, but what the hell, what do you mean by platinum? >_<

Meg

^ Platinum trophy/Achievements depending on what system you have.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Oh I see thanks. I might go back to it and do a few. As everyone can see by my gamertags I'm not very good at getting loads of achievements! :)

Top Bottom