• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FF15's Combat (Compared to DMC)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So, I was just thinking, if there's no DMC related news at E3, I think we could always settle for FF's combat instead.

While the mechanics themselves might not be very deep (especially when compared to DMC's), it might still serve as a serviceable introduction to newcomers of 'DMC-like' gameplay.

----

Even if I'm wrong, and a new DMC: Rebirth (with SMT Nocturne Dante or something similar) gets announced at E3 or TGS, I'd still very much recommend this game just to keep the extreme action genre going.

As we all know, it's almost died out at this point and we need all the support we can get.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was told it'd function similarly to Kingdom Hearts, so hopefully what I've heard isn't wrong. I love Kingdom Hearts' combat. Heh.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, no, it wouldn't work.

Visually the gameplay might be similar, in appearance, but the games have completely different inputs and structures to the actual combat/gameplay making the requirements for actual 'stylish' playing very different so you wouldn't play FFXV to prep for DMC3 or Bayonetta because your fingers are doing very different motions to perform the same actions which ultimately they're very different experiences in terms of combat. Approaching FFXV like a DMC type game is one of the biggest mistakes people make playing it for the first time.

You want DMC like gameplay you can alway get it from other action games like it and they are out there, we just have to wait till E3 to see what they have to offer in the action department.

Edit: There is a free demo for it right now so you can all see for yourselves.

Top Bottom