• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite games of the year (so far) 2014

Meg

I do this every year. :smile:

So, what games have you played this year so far that you really loved? :D What games are you still looking forward too? Have a prediction what your game of the year will be? :happy:

My favorite games so far are (not in any order):
Dark Souls II
The Wolf Among Us (Ep 2-4)
Borderlands 2 (Vita)
MLB 14 The Show

And I'm really looking forward to these games in particular:
Freedom Wars
Ep 5 of TWAU
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PS3)
Disney Infinity 2.0

I have a bunch of games I want to play, but those are the big ones. I'm also playing Tales of Xillia right now and it's really good. I'll have to get the sequel sometime after it comes out. :happy:

I don't know what my game of the year is going to be yet. o_O I won't be surprised if it ends up being Dark Souls II since it's the sequel to my favorite game ever and really, really good. Hmm....but Freedom Wars is my most highly anticipated game of 2014 (that hasn't come out yet). We'll have to wait and see. :eek:

Overall, some great games have come out already this year with tons more on the way. I'm excited. :happy:

What are your picks and predictions?

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
So far the only new "2014" games I've played are Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and Wolfenstein The New Order.
Both ok games, but neither will show up on my Top 5 of 2014, in fact I don't even think I'll have a Top 5 of 2014 because there is f**k all releasing this year that's interesting and worthy of a Top 5 or even a Top 3.
The only other games that have me interested are The Evil Within, Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, Bayonetta 2 and Alien Isolation.
2014 is a crappy year for gaming.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I honestly don't have a top 5. The two games I've played were either okay or dull. CoD ghost was boring, and Infamous second son was over-hype for an average game.

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter
Premium
I've only played three games from 2014. Guess I'll rank them:

1. Fable Anniversary
2. Earth Defense Force 2025
3. Dark Souls II

Looking forward to:

- The Evil Within

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
None. The one game that i have been anticipating the most this year disappointed me to no end. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 was such a let down and the DLC didn't helped.

Dark Souls 2 is the same old stuff really. No innovation or major refinements to it whatsoever. Fromsoft's new IP Bloodborne looks like a souls series copy paste and it's supposed to be a new IP.

I still plan to play Child of Light and i'm currently anticipating Assassin's Creed Unity, Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Evil Within.

Maxman

I would say that the one game I am reaally looking out for this year is Far Cry 4 and The Evil Within

Like really,

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
1. Shadow of Mordor

2. Lords of Shadow 2

3. Dark Souls II

4. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

5. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

6. Smash Bros U

7. Mario Kart 8

8. Hyrule Warriors

9. Titan Soul

10. Bound by Flame

----------------------------------------------------------------

Despite its glaring flaws, I really liked Lords of Shadow 2. Dark Souls II wasn't as good as the first one, but it's good enough.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. I mean, it hasn't come out yet, but I can already tell that I'm going to love it.

Persona Q also looks to be an above average dungeon crawler.

Smash Bros. U looks like it'll be loads of fun, but I'm taking points off because it doesn't have the Sub Space Emissary portion of the game. The only reason it's even on the list is because there's almost nothing else that I'm interested in.

You know what? I'm just going to go ahead and give 1st Place up to Shadows of Mordor.

Parkour, a huge world to explore, an Arkham-style combat system, a half-wraith hero, and a "Nemesis System" that allows you to manipulate them like so many chess pieces. Sold.

Well, truth be told, I could care less about the "Nemesis System" but... then again, I also never really cared about "Social Links" before playing Persona 4 so... I'll give it a chance. You never know.

Mario Kart 8 is the first game in the series that's caught my eye ever since the first one.

Hyrule Warriors is simply a must play... just to see what it's like. Too bad Sheik isn't playable (as far as I know, anyway).

Titan Soul looks like a good time at the very least, despite the rampant difficulty tied in with the gameplay. And since it's also a new IP, I'll cut it some slack.

And finally, barely squeaking in at last place, Bound by Flame. Not a great game, but still good enough for me to pick up and enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT YEAR 2015

1. Persona 5

2. Mirror's Edge Reboot

3. The Phantom Pain: I put this on my list because I can FINALLY take a huge dump on it because I hate this series with all my might --

iu

4. Final Fantasy XV: This is probably the only FF game outside of seven I was ever interested in, and only because the combat is live-action. VII was slightly interesting due to the "neo-cyberpunk" aesthetic. Nothing else about that game really grabbed my attention.

5. Zelda.

And that's about it. Wow, almost no games that interest me in 2015 and only ten games that I'm really into this year.

What a sad state gaming is in. Back in 2012, not only were there a lot of games that I liked, but there were also games that were at the very least a lot of fun to play. It had the best of both worlds: quality and quantity.

Now... hah. Almost nothing.

Let me know when indie games are finally capable of creating something like the Sands of Time; a quality 3D action-adventure parkour title that I can play repeatedly and never gets old.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Until then, I'm going to just play older titles and try to forget what's happened to my beloved pastime.

The retron still loves me. The retron would never leave me. :'(

749573.jpg

Shhh... it's alright honey.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...w-Absolutely-Worthwhile-for-Retro-Enthusiasts

Last edited:

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Dark Souls 2's been making me rage in a way I love it for, same with DKC: Tropical Freeze. Mario Kart 8's been a blast too and I am absolutely IN LOVE with Child Of Light. I'm also about to buy Another World 20th Anniversary Edition cuz....Mycaruba.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I've only played Lords of Shadow 2 from the titles that have come out this year, been hearing good things about Dark Souls 2. But since I've not even beaten the 1st I won't touch the second anytime soon.
If the other episodes of The Wolf among us are as good as the 1st then I'll love em when I get them.

Overall I think my time as a gamer has come to an end, the new consoles don't interest me one bit and most if not all new titles that get announced look pretty much generic in terms of design, let's just say I don't feel the passion of the creators behind the games, dunno they're just missing the spark. Or I'm just not looking at the right games.
But that is a topic for itself I guess.

Top Bottom