• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FAVORITE ANIME OPENINGS!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
When it comes to Japanese animation, there's always those really cool openings there to get you pumped for the show you're about to watch. What are some of your favorites and why? Share below and let me know! Here are a few of mine.

Outlaw Star is one of my favorite anime shows, and this opening is a lot of fun with a rocking tune.

Psycho Pass is a really stylish cyberpunk noir anime, and this opening is so fitting to me with the whispering low vocals and frantic guitar riffs.

Who doesn't like Tank!? This is so effing cool. :cool:

Shame this show may not be getting another season, especially after that clearly unfinished ending. Still, we got a badass song and opening out of it that introduced me to Fade.

And of course who can forget Rock The Dragon, yea this opening is better than the original Japanese. I still remembering being a kid and coming home from school, turning on my TV and hearing this opening, ready to watch some DBZ. IT GETS YOU PUMPED! MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I CAN GO SUPER SAIYAN!

Anyway, I'll put more as I go on as I can only fit 5 videos in a post, but what are yours?

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
I find the 2nd opening of Attack on Titan to be pretty great.

Also my favorite anime has to go here too, I think the opening suited the series very well (I also like that they stayed consistent unlike most other animes).

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
These are my favorite openings from Full Metal Alchemist and FMA Brotherhood respectively.
I like these openings mostly for Nostalgic reasons.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Oh my god there are so many, but to keep it simple I'll limit it to three categories...

1) "Aesthetically pleasing", this I have to give to Hyouka. Both the animation and the music are great.

2) "Nostalgia Inducing", after so many years of reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it was such a refreshing feeling to see it finally get the anime it deserves. And what an Opening, it references all the adventures while showing off how great the series is.

3) "Hype Intensifying", normally I skip the opening no matter how good it is. But for "One Punch Man" I just can't as it gets your blood pumping like nothing else. It really prepares you for the awesomeness that is about to go down in the episode.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
And of course who can forget Rock The Dragon, yea this opening is better than the original Japanese. I still remembering being a kid and coming home from school, turning on my TV and hearing this opening, ready to watch some DBZ. IT GETS YOU PUMPED! MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I CAN GO SUPER SAIYAN!
Classic!
For my votes-
Death Note, obvious classic. Sets the perfect tone for the show and one of the anime i grew up with.
Im addicted to this song at the moment. Seriously, i (somehow) only recently started black butler and i cant get enough of it!
This anime's soundtrack is absolutely amazing!
Lastly, is Death Parade. This opening is actually MEANT to fool the viewers into thinking its a lighthearted show... Turns out it is one of the darkest anime of the decade.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Some of my favorite from my child hood would of course be the original Pokemon opening and the Dragon Ball Z opening.

But being a big fan of the post apocalypse films and of course Starship Troopers being a movie I love, this anime pretty much combined both into one hell of an awesome and mature anime with a cool opening that has stuck with me.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Outlaw Star, Ghost in the Shell and Death Note come to mind. Anyone see the English Dragonball GT intro? It was ****ing awful, but the Dragonball GT Final Bout intro was ****ing epic, what a contrast.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Oooooooooooooooh boy, Chancey...You even can't comprehend the molten can of weaboo you have unknowingly unleashed.

Say what you will about the show (and believe me, I certainly have), but the one thing that got me marginally pumped for these 12 episodes of woefully-wasted potential was its fatally-badass opening. It's slick, well-cut, and the theme has an epic vibe reminiscent of the series' roots found in the first game.

Oh, what's that? You've never heard of this show? You've never seen a single episode? Doesn't matter---the catchiness of this song will ACTUALLY cure cancer. Just don't get it stuck in your head during the week of exams like I did.

The grungy grind of a guitar....the luscious ripple of hard synth. The singeing ember of a cigarette...the vague imprint of unwashed cash. The splatter of blood. The widening chamber of a gun. The ripe outline of Revy's tight, shapely, denim-bound money-maker----it's badassery overload. It's Black Lagoon.

It's often said that this song can turn mundane, everyday tasks into earth-shattering events that have the world hanging in balance; I can personally vouch for that. This song made prepping for school seem like suiting up for fighting crime, or something.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Part 2:

I'll go on swift record by saying I never got that far into this show (probably because I didn't have a spare decade to catch up to the current season), but I'll never forget how excellent the opening song was, and how well it suited the show's overtone of boundless adventure, and heartfelt friendship.

Yeah, I KNOW this song is diabetes-inducingly cheesy...but it just reeks of the time in which it was made, back when I used to go to D&D gatherings, and back when I loved playing Tower of Doom at my local arcade. This song IS my childhood---high fantasy cheese at its absolute finest.

And SPEAKING of cheese...this song's actual name is: "The Meaning of Truth." My only regret is that Captain Falcon himself isn't the one singing...that would be amazing.

There's something of an on-going debate about which Ghost In the Shell opening was better: this, or the movie's. Personally, I prefer this one...it's straightforward, yet haunting, fleeting yet memorable. It leaves an impression without being pretentious...much like the show it belongs to, ironically, compared to the movie.

"Game of Thrones has the best opening to ANY fantasy show EVAAAR!" Um...hey, you? Yeah, you with the abysmal taste and "Winter is Coming" T-Shirt----there's a living, breathing musical legend by the name of Susumu Hirasawa that would like a short word with you...presumably followed by the best 90 seconds of thunderous drums and spliced manga images you'll ever experience in this lifetime.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
From the superior FMA, Brotherhood, this is my favorite opening from that show.

Future Diary opening 1.

Higurashi opening.

Parasyte the maxim opening.

I'm not he biggest fan of D Gray Man, but I love the song in this opening.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Seriously? No one else loved this intro?

The Mexican Version of this, always, all the way!

Keaton

Premium
Pokemon Indigo League: Opening #1, the mother of all openings, you want to motivate me -- you play this.
Death Parade - Flyers
GetBackers: Opening #2 - Rose Colored World
Gangsta - Renegade
Soul Eater: Opening #2 - Black Paper Moon
Sword Art Online II: Opening #1 - Ignite

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm, I'm tempted to make a sister thread about our favourite anime Ending Credits.

But anyway, I know I already posted my top three, but I can't resist putting my honourable mentions here as well.

#1) "Most Fun", this hyperactive and uplifting theme is so great. It really gets you in the mood for the silliness inbound when the episode starts up.

#2) "Coolest design" Katanagatari is a cool anime, so it only fits that it has a cool OP with awesome animation and character design.

#3) "Most...WTF?" Watamote is one of my personal favourites. But I never understood why a show about a shy teenager trying to make friends was given a heavy metal intro.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
After re-watching "Joker Game" in preparation for the premiere of the English Dub, I've really grown to love it's OP. Lot's of cool guys in suits, a catchy song and a hint of the spy life.

Kaede

I need more power
Didn't take mii too long to sniff out the anime side of the forums!

Damn, I can't exactly pick one.
Shiki - Kuchizuke by Buck Tick
Higurashi No Naku Koroni (Rei, Kai, Kaku) (Basically all) - Songs by Eiko Shimamiya
Claymore - Raison 'D'etre (or something) By Nitemare
Death Note - The World by Nitemare
Deadman Wonderland - One Reason by Fade

There are more but i'll stop now. :smile:

Koschei

Many awesome answers here :)
My absolute favourite is already in the first post:
Cowboy Bebop Opening: Tank! by Yoko Kanno (full version)
But the runner-up, surprisingly, hasn't been mentioned:
Everyone talks about the first Death Note opening, which I don't really hold in high regard. I think the second is much better:
And one more that I think deserves a mention for it's cuteness and absolutely absurd lyrics:
God, I have to finish this series.

Top Bottom