• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Family tree revealed

Joey

Through my travels across the internet I have heard many speculations on the family tree to be revealed in the up in coming DMC5. The most noted thought is that Nero will be revealed to be Vergils son. I have no doubt that this is possible but if so I believe that this will be a family style game, in the sense that Dante will also have a son. Surprise yes, the boy everyone has been saying that they don't think Dante should look like, while perhaps, just speculating. He is Dante's son. That would mean that both Dante and Vergil's children would be feature in this chapter of the story.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
That's probably wrong as DmC is like a completely different game than the old DMC series. The new Dante (you know black haired guy) is not the same Dante at all. Even his parents are different because his mother is not human. He is half-demon, half-angel now.

Good of you to share though.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
New Dante meeting old Dante would be hilarious. I can totally see the new Dante being all "hey don't steal my spotlight dude" towards old Dante, with old Dante being "it happens to everyone kid *winks* "XD

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Dude change the title, I was all hyped and existed when I read the title because I thought it will show us how Nero is related to Dante once and for all and then I opened the topic and I was quite disappointed :| . That's not the first time it happened in this forum either.

As for your theory: I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

_Dusk

I've heard the "Nero is Vergil's son" thing alot recently. Is there some actually proof that Capcom has officially stated this? If so that's a very weak explanation to just shut fans up about who/what Nero is after make little effort in doing so in the game.

Also the new game is just called DMC not DMC5 as it's a complete reboot. It wouldn't make sense trying to tie characters from a different world and storyline into a family tree in the new game like that. For me an attempt at that tree would be a weeping willow...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I've heard the "Nero is Vergil's son" thing alot recently. Is there some actually proof that Capcom has officially stated this? If so that's a very weak explanation to just shut fans up about who/what Nero is after make little effort in doing so in the game.

The DMC4 Novel supposedly supports this theory a lot. And since it's considered canon (for now) many people accept it as truth.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I've never heard Capcom confirm it was canon. I know some fans consider it a canon... I NEVER WILL! :p

As long as Capcom never said it isn't canon, then it is. Not that it means much, since the first novel which personally I love was canon for a while, then DMC3 gave it a kick and suddenly *boom* it's not canon anymore XD

I don't really care for Nero, but I liked the idea of a young Vergil traveling to everywhere and having a big impact into the DMC4 plot even when he was (?) already dead. But yeah, him having a girlfriend/one night stand without any backstory is kinda awful XD

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I've never heard Capcom confirm it was canon. I know some fans consider it a canon... I NEVER WILL! :p

Screw what capcom says as they dont know Dante's cowboy chaps from his pirate hat.

On topic, would people like there to be multiple generations of sparda's family in the series?
I'm talking both ways- from ancestors to descendants.

I'm a little against it since i rather see more of the world outside of the dmc agency. There might be other humans who would want to fight demons or other demons who want to be good.

Joey

all im really trying to do here is make some reasoning behind this new punk Dante, he looks like the kind of guy who buys crack on the street corner probably what all the new crazy buildings are in the trailer.

I think a new and old Dante meeting up and fighting would be sweet though

Dante47

I could see a mix of Dante and Dante in a game, but not now. It be cool for the next Marvel vs Capcom you could play as new Dante with a alternate costume for the old Dante (or Vice Versa).

Railazel

I don't acknowledge them as important. They did their part in the games, but nothing major in my eyes.
Lady= The chick who made Dante realize "what's important."
Trish= The chick who sacrificed her life for Dante.
Lucia= ehhh.... she didn't really do much.

Anyways, whether you don't acknowledge them or not, they are an important part of the series (well, all except for Lucia). Its always best to give credit where credit is due (though you can ignore Lucia).

Anyways, I don't think a family tree is possible outside of Sparda's main family. Nero would just happen to be a random relative.

Top Bottom