• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Family Reunion

Arwen

Lost Soul
I hope you like.

PROLOGUE

Dante was walking down a deserted street not really paying attention to where he was going. His coat was loosely covering his body Dante’s hair was left to fall slightly into his eyes. As he was walking he heard foot steps in front of him. Looking up he found four guys standing there. He noticed they had guns in their hands. One of the men stood forward from the others.
“Dante, you’re not getting away this time.” said the man who was in front of the others
“Not this again. How many times do I have to beat you?”
“I wasn’t prepared last time. This time as you can see I have everything I need.”
“Yeah I noticed your babysitters.”
“Damn you. Shoot him.”
The guys behind the one who was talking lifted their guns and fired consistently until their clips ran out. Once everything grew quite they saw Dante still standing there with rebellion in his hand. Dante was looking at the pavement where the bullets lay. Looking up suddenly he smiled.
“Danny, you’ll never learn. Let me teach you.” said Dante
He ran quickly towards Danny and the others. The men behind Danny ran quickly off down the street leaving Danny to face Dante alone. Danny had taken out his own gun and shot Dante several times in the chest with no effect. Before he could do anything Dante had grapped him and thrown him to the floor. As he lay there he felt something metallic on his back.
“It’s been fun but I have better things to do with my time.” said Dante
Danny felt what he could only guess was Dante’s sword slacken. When he dared to move Dante was already some distance down the street.
“Leaving so soon.” said Danny
Danny re-clipped his gun and just at that moment a soda can whacked him on the head sending him into darkness. Dante heard Danny fall to the ground behind him. Not even looking he carried on down the street.
“Some guys just **** me off.” Dante said
Tuning right at the end of the road he found his place of business looming ahead of him. A slight smile rose on his face. As he got nearer an explosion sent him flying backwards. He landed hard on his back. Standing up he found that “Devil May Cry” was nothing but a smouldering pile of rubble.
“What the hell.”
A shriek could be heard over head. He found a black figure float above him causing a large dark shadow to cast over him.
“Dante, Did you like my little show?” said the figure hovering above him.
“I hope you got the money for this.”
“Still mocking it’ll make your fate worth it.”
“Why don’t you get your butt down here and I’ll show you fate.”
“I’m not foolish. Besides it would ruin the surprise.”
“Surprise this.”
Dante pulld both Ebony and Ivory out of their holsters and shot round after round at the figure over him. The figure just laughed making Dante place both guns back in their holsters.
“Still with the little human playthings.” said the figure
“Who are you?”
“You’ll see. Go to Hardon Island, I’ll be waiting”
The figure speedily moved away from Dante. As he watched the figure move off he notices a small white orb floating down towards him. Dante held out his hand and found it to be a clear orb holding a small red mist. Looking at the orb it slowly shown bright then smashed. Dante had to hold his right hand over his eyes from the brightness. As the brightness faded he placed his hand by his side and saw a woman standing there. She had long red hair and she was wearing a red cat suit. The woman stood facing away from Dante. She heard the sound of guns being drawn. The woman turned slightly.
“You going to shoot me Dante. And after all the time we spent together.” said the woman
She turned and faced Dante revealing herself to be Marinda.
“Marinda.” replied Dante
“It’s nice to see you too.”

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
From what I've read so far, I'd have to say it's looking pretty good, Dalkin! I'll read more when I get some more time - my wife is itching to get at the computer so... ^_^

Arwen

Lost Soul
Thank you, this story is little more funny then the last one. I have added Marinda again so it's a little romantic which I hope people don't mind too much. As the title suggests it has Vergil involved but not how you would think he would be involved.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 1

Marinda and Dante were sitting in a late open coffee bar. Dante was drinking coffee while Marinda had ordered hot chocolate.
“It’s good to see you.” said Dante
“It’s good to be back.”
Dante tried to reach for her hand but Marinda placed it off the table quickly. Her face grew solemn.
“So another hunt huh.” said Marinda
“Hardon Island. That can wait a little while.”
“Now that’s new, Dante not rushing on a hunt.”
“Hey babe why rush.”
He gave her a smile.
“Come on lets go. I know how much you love a hunt.”
They both walked out of the bar and Marinda led him to a secluded alley way.
“Now that’s what I’m talking about babe.” Dante said
“Same old Dante.”
They held each other and embraced into a kiss. Dante felt like he was spinning then suddenly Marinda slowly stepped away from him. The spinning stopped and Dante found himself outside a castle. It was still dark but he could make out statues around the front entrance.
“Hardon Island.” said Marinda
Dante looked back at her and found her smiling slightly.
“I think this hunt has gotten more interesting.” replied Dante
They walked up to the door. Dante tried to push it open but found that he couldn’t. He was just about to kick the door when Marinda stopped him.
“There are better ways to open a door then just kicking it in.”
Marinda walked up to the door and knocked. Nothing happened then it swung open. Not turning around she entered the castle. Dante followed closely after her. They entered the main hallway. Stairs rose up a few floors with doors located around the walk ways.
“Well I have to go and erm do something.” said Marinda
“Not staying for the excitement?”
“Oh I wouldn’t miss it for the world but I have something important to do.”
She disappeared suddenly leaving Dante standing in the hallway looking up. He noticed a larger round window located on the roof.
“Let’s get this party started.” said Dante and he walked towards the first steps.
Marinda had materialised in a chamber. A large chair that was carved in stone lay in front of her. In the chair sat the black figure that Dante had met earlier.
“Good he’s here. Had no trouble I take it?” asked the figure
“No my lord all went as plan. I am awaiting instructions.”
“For now keep Dante entertained and make sure he doesn’t die. I have plans for him.”
“Yes my lord.”
Marinda turned around and looked over the doorway which was now in front of her. Chained to the wall was Vergil. He was unconscious. She felt sadness seeing him tied there.
“Don’t worry my dear. He’s not who I’m after.” said the figure
Marinda nodded and vanished.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 2

Dante found his self in a large chamber. The chamber had mirrors dotted around the room and a stone chair in the centre. He walked up to the door which he found to his left. Turning the handle he found it locked. Looking around he found a figure in the left mirror. The figure was of a cloaked man.
“Welcome to the chamber of mirrors.” said the figure
Dante walked into the centre of the room the figure seemed to be in that mirror only. Dante noticed the figure had moved and sat down on the chair behind him.
“Quite handy those mirrors don’t you think.” said the figure
To Dante it sounded as if it was coming behind him. Turning he found the figure sitting in the chair. The figure seemed more grotesque then it had done in the mirror.
“I can see why you like to hide in mirrors. Man you ugly.”
The figure gave out a slight snarl then laughed.
“I expected that from you. Needless to say these mirrors have a better use then just hiding.” the figure replied
Dante noticed that the mirrors shimmered slightly.
“You don’t say.” said Dante
“I don’t expect you to understand these things half-breed.”
Dante walked up to the figure and placed Ebony up to its head.
“You talk to much.” said Dante
The figure disappeared and reappeared in the mirror to his right.
“Violence won’t work here.” said the figure
“I like to play my chances.”
Dante walked up to the nearest mirror and placed his hand on it slowly. His hand went straight through and he felt him self being dragged through the mirror. Looking around the room was bigger then the one he had just exited more mirrors were dotted around the place. Everything was shimmering in the chamber. Looking at his hands he found that he was also shimmering.
“Hey, You coming out to play?” said Dante
The figure appeared a few feet before him.
“You still don’t understand do you? Very well let’s see your skills.”
Dante took out Ivory and fired a few rounds at the figure, nothing happened. Placing his guns in there holsters. Taking rebellion he ran towards the figure and slashed at its body. Dante was surprised that the sword just passed through him just leaving the figure’s body to shimmer slightly.
“You can’t kill me here half-breed.” said the figure
The figure grapped Dante and through him towards one off the walls that didn’t have mirrors. Dante landed hard on the ground. A little shaken he watched as the figure approached him slowly. Just before the figure reached him he heard the sound of smashing glass. Dante felt himself being pulled towards one of the mirrors. The next thing he knows he’s laying on the floor with Marinda over him.
“Getting into trouble already? Must be a new record.” said Marinda
“I had it under control.”
“Sure you did.”
Dante looked to the mirror he had just come through it was smashed leaving only a hole. The figure slightly snarled from the mirror to his left.
“Gonland. You going to fight or just hide.” said Marinda
“Why don’t you come in here and we’ll see.”
Marinda looked at Dante. Dante got up from the floor and faced the mirror with Gonland standing in. Dante just smiled.
“I have a better idea.” Dante said
Raising his sword he smashed the mirror and carried on smashing them until there was none left. Gonland seemed to disappear then the sound of something slithering come from behind him. Turning he found Gondon slither into the room from one of the mirrors.
“I think I liked you better n the mirror.” said Dante
Dante ran at Gonland with Rebellion in his hand and slashed at its waist. Gonland swiftly moved out of the way watching Dante land beside him. He grapped Dante and pushed him back. Dante watched as Gonland took out a sword from his cloak.
“Now this is what I call a party.” said Dante
Marinda who was quietly watching the proceedings walked up to Dante raising her hands her guns appeared. Dante smiled at her.
“You didn’t think I would let you have all the fun.” Marinda said
As Dante ran towards Gonland Marinda fired her guns making sure she didn’t hit Dante as she did so. Gonland deflected the bullets easily. Dante slashed at his chest and was deflected again. Bullets were flying passed Dante as the tired a few more shots at Gonland. Each one was deflected until Gonland was shot in the right arm. Loosing concentration he didn’t have time to deflect Dante’s blow to his other arm. Quickly taking advantage of the situation he decapitated Gonland with one blow.
Gonland fell to the floor with a thud.
“Well that was exciting.” said Marinda
“I hope there’s better things then this. It was too easy.”
“Oh yeah easy right.”
The door clicked open and Marinda walked towards the door.
“What I say?” said Dante
“Come on.”
Marinda walked through the door followed by Dante.
The door closed behind them. In the chamber they had just vacated one of the smashed mirrors that had been rocking fell to the floor with a bang causing a small part of the ceiling to come down covering Gonland's lifeless body.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
devilmaycry;18200 said:
From what I've read so far, I'd have to say it's looking pretty good, Dalkin! I'll read more when I get some more time - my wife is itching to get at the computer so... ^_^

ya its very cool...........but i liked in the beginning :p

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 3

They entered into a stair well. Dante looked over the side and saw the entrance they had walked in from. Marinda came beside him and looked over.
“You wanna push?” said Marinda jokingly
“Only if you go first.”
“The only question is who’ll make it to the next door first.”
Dante walked up the flight of stairs. There foot steps echoed through the castle. Reaching the door they heard a noise from behind them turning they found nothing. Dante tried the door but couldn’t open it. Just as he was about to kick the door Marinda opened it. Dante fell straight through hitting the ground.
“You were trying to open it the wrong way.” said Marinda
“Thanks.”
Marinda helped Dante up to his feet. Marinda smiled shyly though Dante looked quite angry at her. His expression quickly turned into a smile.
“Next time I think I’ll let you open the doors.” he said
Through the door was a large balcony area. Steps at the far end spiralled upwards.
“At least its light out here.” said Marinda
“This looks way too easy.”
“It looks peaceful”
Dante looked around carefully. He couldn’t see anything but the door they had entered by and the steps leading upwards. A statue was located near the steps. Relaxing a little he turned to Marinda
“Hey you think we got time to…..”
“That all you can think about while we’re on the hunt?”
“Looking at you babe it’s hard to think of anything else.”
Marinda looked Dante up then down then focused on his weaponry.
“You gotta lose the weaponry.” she said
“You first”
Marinda took her guns she had placed at her back. Holding them up they disappeared. Dante smiled and placed his own weaponry on the ground. They held each other tightly and kissed. As they kissed a noise came from the side of the ledge. Dante was too engrossed in what they were doing he didn’t notice a large lizard slowly crawl towards them from the side of the balcony. Marinda raised her free hand and the statue moved slightly. The lizard approached slowly with its tongue flicking. Marinda managed to raise the statue and hurled it at the lizard. The lizard was caught by the statue on its body sending it back over the side. The sound of the statue hitting the side of the castle was the only sound heard. Dante stopped what he was doing and looked into the direction of the noise.
“Did I miss something?” said Dante
“Oh nothing, just an annoying rodent.”
Dante found that the statue had gone.
"OK what happened?" he asked
Marinda placed her hand on Dante’s face and they embraced into another kiss.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 4

It took a while for Dante and Marinda to walk up the stairs and through the door that was located at the top. They found them selves back on the stairs inside the castle. Not even looking around they walked hurriedly up the steps and through the door. This room was a large room. It seemed larger then what Dante had expected it to be. Large holes were dotted around the room. He noticed slime on a few places. Walking further into the room they found what looked like a reptile’s skin. From the look of things this thing was very large.
“It looks like snake skin.” said Marinda
“This might be quite an exiting game.”
“You read my mind.”
The sound off slithering came from the right. It seemed quire far away but they found it to be getting closer. Marinda and Dante slowly and silently crept into one of the holes making them selves hidden. They watched as a large snake slowly slithered passed them. Dante and Marinda saw that the thing was indeed a snake. The snake’s body didn’t seem to end but once it had passed they crept out and watched it slither off.
“That’s one big snake.” said Marinda
“That’s nothing I’ve faced worse.”
“Oh yeah I remember that time with the Lepricorn.”
“Hey he was one bad Lepricorn.”
“Oh, I thought you just wanted the money he was hauling around.”
“Well that too but he was still Mandrakes minion.”
“You keep telling yourself that. Maybe someone will believe you one of these days.”
As they were talking they didn’t here the snake come towards them through a hole located behind them. They turned slowly and saw the snake looking at then with its green eyes. Quickly as they could they both took out there guns and fired at the snake while they slowly backed off from it. The snake just stayed there watching them both. Dante and Marinda separated in the chamber at a run. It seemed to them that it was deciding which one was the most threat. They both stopped a good distance from the snake. The snake chose to go after Dante. Dante locked his guns on the snake and fired. Marinda was watching the snake go for Dante.
“Oh go for the guy that’s so old.” Marinda said
She ran as fast as she could whilst she placed her guns at her back. Raising her right hand her sword appeared. As she got closer she could here the sounds of Dante’s gun. Marinda jumped onto the snakes back and still at a run headed for the head. Dante found he was slowly running out of chamber when he saw Marinda climbing onto the snake’s body. Dante holstered his own guns and took out his sword. Running he went towards the snake. The snake was busy trying to knock off Marinda with little look. It didn’t see Dante come towards it until it felt a sharp pain on its body. Looking down the snake saw Dante standing there. The snake tried to snap at him but he just jumped onto its head joining Marinda. They both smiled at each other and started to slash at the snake. The snake hissed in anger and managed to throw Marinda off. Marinda smashed into the side of the wall before landing on the floor and she just laid there. Dante looked at where Marinda had fallen. Anger showed onto his face. Taking Rebellion he staked the snakes head. He did this over and over until the snake just shudder. Quickly Dante took out his sword and slid all the way down the snake’s body. Reaching the bottom he heard a large thud. Looking the snake was lying on the ground. Wiping the snake’s blood from his face he walked to where Marinda had landed. Reaching her he found that she was sitting up.
“You OK baby?” asked Dante
Marinda looked at him and saw his hand outstretched towards her. Taking his hand she let him help her up. As she got to her feet they stood there still holding hands just staring into each others eyes. Marinda had forgotten how blue Dante’s eyes were. A sudden thought came to her and she took away her hand from his. Suddenly Marinda looked up to the ceiling.
“I got too leave you again.” said Marinda
“If I didn’t know better I would say you have something to hide.
“Me. I just got something I have to do and besides you seem to be doing fine without me.”
Marinda vanished leaving Dante alone in the chamber.
Marinda appeared back into the chamber with the cloaked figure and Vergil was.
“How’s are boy doing?” asked the figure
“You called me for that.”
“Hold your tongue. You’re not irreplaceable remember that.”
“I’m sorry my lord. He’s doing well.”
“Good. I have a new task for you.”
Marinda heard a noise of moaning coming from Vergil. Looking up she could see that he was waking. Though groggy he seemed to look at her.
“Marinda?” said Vergil
A bright beam of light hit him. Vergil stifled a cry of pain then fell back unconscious.
Marinda angrily looked at the figure.
“That wasn’t necessary.” she said
“You are stepping beyond your place. You had better learn it quickly my dear.”
Marinda lowered her head.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 5

Dante had walked through the doorway he had found at the end of the chamber. He walked out onto some steps that led to the roof. Walking onto the roof he found that he was standing on the glass he had seen when he had first entered the castle. Looking down he thought he saw something in the darkness. Slightly alert he looked around and found a bridge that led to what he could only guess was a tower. Dante headed in the direction of the tower. As he stepped onto the bridge he heard the sound of breaking glass. Turning he found himself facing a large lizard creature.
“Dante, you shall not cross here. Only those who are worthy shall cross.” said the lizard
“Oh the worthy line. Now where could I have possibly heard that one? Oh yes, every time I take one of you back to hell.”
“You should know your place. You may be strong but with out your girlfriend you aren’t a match to my power.”
Dante took out his sword slowly and looked at it.
“Does everyone talk this much or is this a special day.” Dante said
The lizard hissed.
“You’re foolish to take on me but let’s see what you can do with your insignificant weapons.”
The lizard walked slowly towards Dante. Dante just watched the lizard carefully. The lizard then charged at him. He was surprised how swiftly he moved for such a large creature. As it got closer to him he jumped over it and slashed at its back. Small amounts of blood spilled onto the bridge. To Dante’s surprise the lizards wound healed. The creature just laughed.
“You can’t hurt me half-breed.” said the lizard
Dante sheaved his sword and took out his guns. Aiming at the lizard he took his shot. The bullet entered the lizard’s body. The lizard just stood there looking at him. Taking aim again and took shot after shot at the Lizard. It didn’t to have any effect. And once he stopped shooting he fund that the creature’s wounds were healing. This went on for what seemed like hours. Dante dodged the lizard and using his weapons with not much look. Every time the lizard was wounded it just healed. Dante also had cuts to his face and body. The cuts were starting not to heal in places and those that did healed slowly. Dante standing at a distance from the lizard just watching it wondering how to defeat it. The Lizard looked at him and to Dante’s mind it was smiling.
“Give in Dante. You can’t kill me.” said the lizard
The lizard started at a run towards him. Dante was ready to dodge the creature when a noise came from above. The noise even stopped the lizard in its track. Looking up a large lightening bolt flashed down towards the bridge just in front of Dante. The bridge swayed then the sound of cracking was heard. Looking down he could see the wood splitting. Quickly he ran towards the other end of the bridge towards the tower. Luckily it wasn’t as far as he had thought it was. The lizard ran in the opposite direction but the distance was too great even for it. The bridge snapped in half sending it to rush downwards. Dante only just got off the bridge before it collapsed. As he looked at where he had come from he saw the lizard fall towards the cliffs below. Dante turned around again and saw the tower looming above him. As he was just about to walk towards the tower he felt something hard hit him on the back of the head. Dante fell to the ground unconscious. As he lied there a white orb slowly floated down towards him stopping just over him.
“My dear Dante. You can’t go to the ball like that.” said a voice that was Marindas
The orb floated through him as it did so all his unhealed cuts vanished. The white orb floated back upwards leaving him lying there.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Chapter 6

Waking Dante found a rabbit watching him carefully. To his surprise it started to talk.
“You OK mate.” said the rabbit
As Dante looked at it more carefully the rabbit was a stuffed toy. It was light brown in colour and quite fluffy.
“I must have hit my head harder then I thought.” replied Dante
“Dante got up and looked the rabbit up and down. It only came to his knees in height.
“That lizard’s going to be mad when he finds you. I don’t think he liked going for a swim.” said the rabbit
“Who are you? No what are you?”
“I’m Donny. As you can see well put it this way I used to be a kids toy.”
“I gathered that. What do you want?”
“That’s gratitude for you. Been waiting here ages for you too wake up.”
“Well Donny. Though any other day I would love to talk to toy rabbits I have better things to do.”
He walked passed Donny and towards the tower. Donny followed behind him watching carefully.
Dante found a large door which he guessed was the main entrance. Walking up too the door he tried to push it open but found he couldn’t. Stepping back he looked at the door and tried to asses the best way to open it.
“Wont get in that way.” Donny said
“Well I’m getting in there. Somehow”.
“There is another way into the tower. It’s a secret place. Not many now of it.”
Dante looked at the rabbit.
“You might be better use then I thought” replied Dante
Donny smiled slightly.
“It won’t be easy a lot of dangerous ways but it’s the best way in. Especially if you don’t want to be noticed.”
Dante nodded at him. Donny ushered Dante to follow him as he walked towards the side of the tower.
“I can’t believe I’m following a stuffed bunny.” said Dante
Dante followed after Donny.
Back in the chamber Marinda was sitting just in front of the figure. Vergil was still unconscious on the wall. Marinda watched him closely.
“You like watching him. For a demon like you I wouldn’t have thought you would be capable of love.” said the figure
“What do you know of love?”
The figure laughed slightly. Marinda faced him.
“A good point but I have watched the humans with there love and compassion. Very undeserving for a demon. Especially one of your powers. Tell me does either of them know your full potential?”
Marinda looked from him to Vergil then back.
“I didn’t think so. You can have Vergil and your human feelings but Dante has to pay the price for his father.” carried on the figure
“Yes my lord. Though I still don’t understand why only kill Dante and not his brother.”
“Would you prefer I kill them both? Dante is more like his father then his brother. Vergil is willing to take the side of the demons as with Dante well he’s more trouble then I desire to have. Eliminating him we’ll have what was taken from us.”
“I understand my lord.”
“I don’t think you do my dear but you will once demons are in there rightful place.”
Marinda looked back too Vergil. The figure looked towards the door.
“It is time for you to fulfil the reason you are here. Don’t worry your lover will still be here waiting for you.” said the figure
Marinda nodded and walked out the door.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Unfortunatly due to my new fanfic Souless which is a sexier and darker story I'm going to have to finish the story here. Sorry everyone but I promiss Souless will be better and one not to miss.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Don't finsh it right here...you can always continue it later...like a few months or so?
Or you can write an sequel!That would be cool.

Top Bottom