• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Extracting UPK files to find the Naked Costume, I found Ninja...

So a friend of mine wants the Naked Costume to modify, someone mentioned that there's a file in Localization\INT(ernational language)\GFxUI.int so I opened it up with notepad and found that these .int files are just on-screen text. They can be changed but they don't actually do anything other then let you change text. I found the name of the model though "Costume_NakedDante" so I decided to start looking in the UPK files.

Since they are full of completely random stuff I am skipping the Chapter ones since I think it's just mission info, data and in-game cutscene files. I saw a file though called Archetype so I extracted it and found this:
nno5kw.png

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I thought it was worth a mention.

EDIT: Ignore that, I got excited. It has a file called Sash_attachment so I'm assuming it's the Neo Dante costume. I have found the unlock file though so if I can get it readable it should tell us the requirements. :)

SamuraiGuy

But the problem is, even if we do find the "naked dante" textures, what do we do with it? His mesh is different for that so we will be unable to do a model swap with current knowledge. We can't even do a shirtlesss mod because no one knows how to get his shirt and jacket invisible. I've tried and failed.

apollo

But the problem is, even if we do find the "naked dante" textures, what do we do with it? His mesh is different for that so we will be unable to do a model swap with current knowledge. We can't even do a shirtlesss mod because no one knows how to get his shirt and jacket invisible. I've tried and failed.

We must hope that there are more experienced modders out there... who knows...

I'm sure someone smart enough will figure out how to make clothing transparent it's just trial and error until you get it to work.

But if we could possibly get the naked costume we could make texture mods like Spiderman, Flash, Fantastic Four Suit, Green Lantern Suit, etc.

At the moment though the tools everyone is using to extract the UPK files work but the method the X-Com community use to repack/edit the files doesn't seem to work 100%, at least for me anyway. Once more people get involved with the right know how this game will be heavily modified believe me.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
At the moment though the tools everyone is using to extract the UPK files work but the method the X-Com community use to repack/edit the files doesn't seem to work 100%, at least for me anyway. Once more people get involved with the right know how this game will be heavily modified believe me.
That's the spirit! I remember when Resident Evil 4 came out on PC and everybody slated it for being a -- to be blunt -- botched and reviled console port, but fast forward however many year's since its release and the modding community alone was able to turn the game around and make it better than ever before. The PC version is the only way to play Resident Evil 4 now, if you ask me.

Of course, I realize that DmC: Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 4 are completely different games, generations apart, and built around completely different engines, but I'm optimistic that it's only a matter of time before more exciting modding opportunities for DmC are presented. Who knows, we might even perhaps be able to nag Capcom into slinging out an official SDK - who knows?

Havoc

Naked Dante skin and model are found

"DMC Model Resources"
Code:
https://revotech.org/fp/showthread.php?t=1242509

But how to unlock this "costume" in the game ?

Naked Dante skin and model are found

"DMC Model Resources"
revotech.org /fp /showthread.php?t=1242509

But how to unlock this "costume" in the game ?

You're allowed to post links lol, but the actual model has been found for quite some time now. I gave up on looking for it but the problem a few people are having now is swapping models round. Shortly after Vergils Downfall was released someone found a way to swap a line of text in the .ini's to make Vergils model playable on Dantes campaign but nothing external has been figured out. It may never happen.

AlchemistFromEden

dante being naked only appear in the FMV

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The most I've been able to do is extract the textures from the UKIP files and export them using the GUI thT i'VE GOT, but I can't get the mesh to extract.
However, I have been able to view a few complete models of the generic humans in the game.
The most I have right now is just a completed topless Dante model, but that works in Xnalara only.

Most of the model stuff can be found in the cooked folder, including bump maps and textures, but still can't extract the mesh.

And something not related to this, but I thought was intersting. The keys for the secret missions are called Mundus keys in the file names

Havoc

"UDK support" means umodel's ability to view/extract data from the recent UDK's packages. Real name of the thread with your question should be something like "how to load static mesh into UDK".

Umodel produces psk files for the SkeletalMesh objects (unless you're specified "-pskx" option) and pskx files for the StaticMesh objects. Use of the psk format for the StaticMesh is not standard and supported by the ActorX Imported only. Static meshes should be loaded into UnrealEd using ASE or FBX format (you can use this script for the batch conversion).

UE Viewer (umodel)

Code:
http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel
  • Export of skeletal, vertex and static meshes and animations into formats supported by 3d modeling software and by Unreal engine
  • Export textures into tga or dds format
  • Export sounds, ScaleForm and FaceFX

s_dante_naked.pskx is in StaticMeshes from CH_dante_ingame_SF.upk

Top Bottom