• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Evil or misunderstood

Do you think Vergil is evil or misunderstood?

• That biznich is evil!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Nah the poor guy is misunderstood.

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Y'know? I just can't decide...hmm...

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well he surely is not the finest guy to have around. He's cool, smart but also merciless. In the manga he kills humans which stood in his way. He could have tried to scare them or avoid them instead.
However we don't know his purpose yet. He wanted ultimate power. Depending on what he would do after obtaining he could be called evil/misunderstood/or a guy which does almost anything to achieve his goal, even kill - which makes him evil:p
Anyway, he surely isn't as evil as to destroy humanity etc. But he's not a good person alright. Especially when compared with Dante:p

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
yasoukyoku;45610 said:
Being the anti-hero he's not necessarily evil.

Dante = hero
Vegil = anti-hero
Arkham = evil
I like the way you think ^^. BTW Ilovevergil I might just do that.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I wouldn't have said he was evil. He just views things differently then Dante does. The quote "Why do you refuse to gain power? The power of our father Sparda?" says a lot about what he thinks. He just wants too be like Sparda a full demon and not just half of one. Dante seems to want to be more human. The quote "Father? I don't have a father. I just don't like you, that's all." seems to say how he feels about being Sparda's son and being a half demon.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
IloveVergil;45616 said:
Vergulissexy,you should ask Tony or any of the staff to add an "undecided" option to your poll. ;)
Done and done ;)

Fallen Angel

Devil Hunter
Dalkin;45623 said:
I wouldn't have said he was evil. He just views things differently then Dante does. The quote "Why do you refuse to gain power? The power of our father Sparda?" says a lot about what he thinks. He just wants too be like Sparda a full demon and not just half of one. Dante seems to want to be more human. The quote "Father? I don't have a father. I just don't like you, that's all." seems to say how he feels about being Sparda's son and being a half demon.

Too true.

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
yasoukyoku;45610 said:
Being the anti-hero he's not necessarily evil.

Dante = hero
Vegil = anti-hero
Arkham = evil
i wanna ask something what is a anti hero (never heard that before)

and vegil is misunderstude if you remmber dante and vergils mother was killed vergil must have feelt very very bad about him not bening able to help his mother ther lays the reason he wants spardas power so he can look afther what he loves(dante)and all brothers fight some big brothers see fighting as away to prove something to the little brother and if you remmber some where vergil says something like with out power you can not protect any thing not even your self vergil might beat the crap outa dante but its only becase that was the only way to get it throw dantes hard head see he had a reason for wanting power he wasnt some power hungery stupid person like ladys dad he wasnt gaining power for himself like arkam would have been so his misunderstud:) and thats that am out:cool:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
To answer the question an anti-hero in fictional works(games/movies/stories/etc) will typically take a leading role, performing acts which might be deemed "heroic" (at least in scale and daring), but by using methods, manners, or intentions that may not be so--they could even be considered underhanded or deceitful.

Vergil is not an anti-hero since we don't know if his purpose after obtaining ultimate power would be.

An anti-hero would be "The Punisher" from Marvel Comics. He means well but he uses every way to stop the crimes/bad guys. Even killing innocent people in order to get his true objective.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Tony Redgrave said:
To answer the question an anti-hero in fictional works(games/movies/stories/etc) will typically take a leading role, performing acts which might be deemed "heroic" (at least in scale and daring), but by using methods, manners, or intentions that may not be so--they could even be considered underhanded or deceitful.

Vergil is not an anti-hero since we don't know if his purpose after obtaining ultimate power would be.

An anti-hero would be "The Punisher" from Marvel Comics. He means well but he uses every way to stop the crimes/bad guys. Even killing innocent people in order to get his true objective.

Very valid point. Anyway I corrected myself, this is more like Vergil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-villain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom