• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Evil Dante

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
One of the most interesting things I found about this 'new character' twist was the fact that at first it looked like Dante was evil but as time goes on it seems more and more like this will not be the case for very long. I liked the idea of Dante doing something cruel and sadistic and Nero having this hateful rivalry with him and seeing the series' "hero" from a different perspective I was willing to give that a chance.

But instead (from what I have seen) it seems like this is all a misunderstandig and Dante is in the right.:dry: and its the order who are evil, im kind of dissapointed.

I really hope I am wrong on this because I would hate it if you just like fight him once and then they team up (After I got over the shock I wasnt even that bothered about not playing as Dante) I am hoping that this was the plan the whole time and Capcom didnt cave in just because some of the fans didn't like Nero.

I can't explain it..I guess I was looking forward to hating Dante.

Chrysander

darth_angelo45;58212 said:
One of the most interesting things I found about this 'new character' twist was the fact that at first it looked like Dante was evil but as time goes on it seems more and more like this will not be the case for very long. I liked the idea of Dante doing something cruel and sadistic and Nero having this hateful rivalry with him and seeing the series' "hero" from a different perspective I was willing to give that a chance.

But instead (from what I have seen) it seems like this is all a misunderstandig and Dante is in the right.:dry: and its the order who are evil, im kind of dissapointed.

I really hope I am wrong on this because I would hate it if you just like fight him once and then they team up (After I got over the shock I wasnt even that bothered about not playing as Dante) I am hoping that this was the plan the whole time and Capcom didnt cave in just because some of the fans didn't like Nero.

I can't explain it..I guess I was looking forward to hating Dante.

Yeah I think that the player will soon realise that Dante is not evil. But I think that as Nero doesn't know who he is, he will still be mad at Dante, and they will fight some more later on. I personally think that later in the game, Nero will be taken over by the demon spirit inside him, and he will perhaps be the final boss that Dante has to fight. I predict that you fight Nero vs Dante near the start like we've seen, then later Nero comes across Dante again and they fight again, then Nero goes through a transformation, and you play as Dante vs him at the end.

I don't think Nero and Dante will 'team up' until half way through the game.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Well...Dante can be alittle pyschotic and mean sometimes, but he has not reached the level of evil yet. I wouldn't mind Dante slaughtering people just cuz he felt like it every once in a while. After all, he is half demon, he gets unhumane urges and stuff like that.

As for contridicting...well, people change their minds sometimes.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I wouldn't say Dante is evil. It does seem that way at the start. I just don't see him ever being fully evil because of his human side. I didn't think Vergil was all that evil either.

Chrysander

Recent videos show that he didn't kill humans, they were demons pretending to be human. Dante has not gone evil at all, from what we have been shown.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Chrysander;58276 said:
Recent videos show that he didn't kill humans, they were demons pretending to be human. Dante has not gone evil at all, from what we have been shown.

Exactly, it seems like Capcom have gone back on themselves even if this was the plan all along.

I think Nero is going to be in DMC PSP isnt he? so he can't die in this either (if it is indeed a sequel of DMC4).

I was kind of hoping there to be some kind of twist to Dante's character in this, like he suddenly had some sort of realisation and wanted to kill these people who worship his father. Like he is trying to erase all memory of Sparda for some reason, something more than just cruising into Fortuna and killing a bunch of demons who are pretending to be humans. I was looking forward to finding out why he killed all these people and now it seems like its just because they are demons..kind of an anticlimax to this big twist. Hopefully there will be something more to this, I guess we still dont know what this cover up is all about so I will try not to jump to conclusions just yet.

Top Bottom