• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

EVERYONE NEEDED FOR THIS!!

Who is Better based off gameplay?

• Sparda

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Nero

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Both

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
ok...so a friend and i are having a debate and we made this bet...

Who is better?...Sparda or Nero?...Don't base ur answer off of origin or any of that...I'm talking pure gameplay and strategy....

Please vote and if u reply, please state why u made ur decision..

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I voted for Nero because it'd be nice for him to actually have a fighting chance in this thread as I can't see him getting many votes. :p

Sparda would quite literally batter Nero in a fight, though. :ninja:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Ehm. In case you did not know, Sparda was never a playable character in the Devil May Cry series. He was only a "skin" for Dante. Meaning, we were still using Dante while he was looking like Sparda only in appearance. (Ok in DMC1 we also got to use the Yamato, only that its moves were Alastor's so even that was just a different weapon in skin only).

Therefore we cannot even compare Sparda and Nero since we never played as Sparda. We haven't even seen more than his shadow in the games if you exclude the skins I mentioned and Arkham's transformation.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I'm voting Nero anyway. You don't know Nero's potential with the Devil Bringer, considering how young he is, and Sparda being 2,000+ years old. Sparda has only been a costume taking Dante's combat style.

darkslayer23

Corrupted Son Of Sparda
i wonder if they make a dmc game that the main character is sparda
Devil May Cry : Legend of sparda i wonder if they make that

Janny

Dines with dementia
What, no Vergil in the poll? *sniff sniff*

I'm voting for Nero because of his Devil arm, that thing is so powerful it even caused Dante to fly backwards in one of the beginning cutscenes. I'm not saying he's stronger, but it's fun and easy to play when you have a sword, a gun and an arm to grab enemies.

Sparda™

Even as a skin, Sparda has unlimited DT, fast regeneration and is the most coolest looking character.

Where do you find a Casanova-like Victorian Demonic Knight with silver hair?!:D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero because of his Devil Arm?

Sparda defeated tons and tons of demons, and Devils and sealed the Devil Emperor himself. All Nero did was get absorbed by the Savior and have Dante (A son of Sparda) rescue him. Yeah, we can take potential into consideration but Devil May Cry since the word go was set around the whole Sparda story, from his confusing legacy to his sons. Because of this Sparda had the greatest power out of all we have seen so far, so clearly Sparda.

And before anyone says anything to this, it is my opinion. But there are also some facts there.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Yeah..ur right...Sparda sealed the demon emperor...but if u ask me he didn't do a thorough job considering he escaped....and nero..he owns...if he can defeat dante in those battles, i can't see much of anybody takin him on, pure demon or not..and i didn't include vergil because he wasn't in the bet/debate and there are too many vergil, nero, dante, or sparda threads....this one is strictly business and studies between me and a few friends

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
KNDSVCloud;147120 said:
Yeah..ur right...Sparda sealed the demon emperor...but if u ask me he didn't do a thorough job considering he escaped....and nero..he owns...if he can defeat dante in those battles, i can't see much of anybody takin him on, pure demon or not..and i didn't include vergil because he wasn't in the bet/debate and there are too many vergil, nero, dante, or sparda threads....this one is strictly business and studies between me and a few friends

Well he is the Devil Emperor, I highly doubt Nero could seal him away for 2000 years single handedly at this point in time. And taking what you said into consideration, if Sparda were to face Dante then I guarantee Sparda would win. And it hardly looks like Dante is trying to harm Nero in Devil May Cry 4, so that's most likely why he got hit up so bad. Look at how well he handles The Savior at the end ;) Thanks to him Nero gets free.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Yeah but nero wouldn't have been captured if dante didn't just sit there the whole time.....before we blow this outta proportion let's just look at what nero and sparda have in common....Sparda and nero both fight for the person they love....and they both have unmatched strength for their races....and seriously...i think dante just was becoming senile and old and couldn't keep up with the kid..lol

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
KNDSVCloud;147123 said:
Yeah but nero wouldn't have been captured if dante didn't just sit there the whole time.....before we blow this outta proportion let's just look at what nero and sparda have in common....Sparda and nero both fight for the person they love....and they both have unmatched strength for their races....and seriously...i think dante just was becoming senile and old and couldn't keep up with the kid..lol

Looking at facts you can clearly see that Dante gets stronger when you look at the chronological order of the story. Therefore, he is getting faster and deadlier rather than slower, he could of easily of kept up with Nero if he wanted to. Dante knows his legendary power, and he assumes that Nero who has just started out is hardly going to kill him. He's cocky and overconfident in his abilities, whereas Nero doubts himself and his power. I'm not saying that makes Dante better, I'm just saying he knows his limits whereas Nero does not. His foolish actions get him absorbed by the Savior, and Dante isn't just sitting around he is there to save him and sort things out. He let's Nero destroy the Savior, given the chance Dante could of easily of done it. He had already faced countless deadly Devils, and the Emperor already. Having said this, Dante is more in tune with the blood of Sparda.

Having said all this, Sparda would of truly been better in skill and power compared to Nero as you just have to look at how well Dante handles things.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Obviously not if he's dead.....or sealed away or watever....nothing of the sort happened to nero..and, as u see in the game, nero can wield the weapons just like sparda.....u don't see sparda with a devil bringer

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
KNDSVCloud;147126 said:
Obviously not if he's dead.....or sealed away or watever....nothing of the sort happened to nero..and, as u see in the game, nero can wield the weapons just like sparda.....u don't see sparda with a devil bringer

That's because Sparda existed 2000 years ago, before Nero. If you are going to say he was less powerful just because he died, then this is completely biased.

And we know hardly anything of Sparda. Who are you to say he didn't have something greater than the Devil Bringer? Afterall, Nero has Sparda's blood which is also why he is so strong. When you look at it, it all comes down to Sparda. Nero has yet to understand his own power, he is doubting himself in 4 for the most part. Sparda may have doubted himself, but all those years he fought he mastered his abilities and got stronger and stronger. Nero has yet to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom