• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Episode 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volsung

The Fallen One
So... I've watch'd the 8th episode and this doubt appeared on my mind: Was Dante really the Tony that Ernest said?

I mean, he really had Tony Redgrave as an pseudonym (It writes like that?) but, he said to Ms. Margareth that he wasn't that Tony of Ernest...

My point on this all is: If Dante is really the Tony in the picture of Ernest, then, where is Vergil? Because that episode makes reference of Tony and his mother, just.

Following this line, in the episode, we discover that Tony and his mother lived on the city of Moline when the city was attacked by demons, and the city was consumed in flames. Tony's Mother was blamed as an pyromaniac, because no one believed on the demon version... After that, they went off the city. But Vergil, again, is not mentioned.

Help me... I'm Confused..

---

PS1: Sorry for the porr English, I'm an Brazillian n00b and do not study english.. =/
PS2: To Tony Redgrave, the admin: Sorry for that thread about the book... I wanna take a look on Ebay.. D:
PS3: Can play DMC4 and MGS4 in one of that..

Koemi

half-breed
I was caught in that dilemma as well. All I can think that would make sense is : that event happened AFTER Eve was killed and Dante was separated from Vergil. Some woman (Eve's relative?? neighbor??) began taking care of Dante and to hide his identity that woman became Dante's "mother" (in public, at least) and Dante uses "Tony" as his alias. BUT that demon that killed Eve managed to find out where "Tony" is and trying to hunt him down. Thus the fire and such, and this woman took "Tony" and fled.

well at least I fill that plot hole in my mind. ^_^

Volsung

The Fallen One
That makes sense, but still one thing missing... Why Dante said that he isn't the Tony that Ernest believed to Ms. Margareth?

He had no reason to lie. It's not his "style"...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Probably there are other "Tonys".Could be fate that Dante met Ernest.Probably Ernest believed Dante is Tony who is his friend from childhood,but not as Tony Redgrave.

However,my theory is flawed.

Koemi

half-breed
Volsung;144748 said:
That makes sense, but still one thing missing... Why Dante said that he isn't the Tony that Ernest believed to Ms. Margareth?

He had no reason to lie. It's not his "style"...

Well, probably he had similar experience later - between that event and DMC3 - that if people find out he's a half-breed they'd turn their back on him? see how he was hurt towards the end when Ernest yelled at him? He probably lied for 2 main reasons: 1) he knows how this will turn out if Ernest keep looking for this demon so he doesn't want him to find out what "Tony" really is (half-breed) 2) wants to preserve that ignorant friendship they once had - even he cannot be "Tony" anymore to enjoy that friendship.

That's my interpretation anyway... ^_^

Dante has to be this "Tony" - He knows this demon is after him, he knows where that treasure box is hidden, that pic with a white-hair kid, Margaret recognized Dante's knock without seeing him... c'mon, coincidence won't piles up like this ;) Capcom may not be a great story-writer, but hints are too obvious.

Volsung

The Fallen One
Yeah, that makes all sense to me too.

But, one piece still missing. Where is Vergil...?

But... The probability of the childhood events of DMC Anime occurred after Eva's Death is high.

We have someway to contact Capcom to solve this doubt? =/

Volsung

The Fallen One
I noted something funny when I watched this episode an second time.

When the wife of Ernest discovers the box mentioned by Dante, I saw for the first time, an golden "V" on the blue box.

Ergo, this fact have some relation with Vergil?

Koemi

half-breed
probably not - knowing Capcom, they probably wouldn't "plan" something that deep. They can't even get every thing clear about Dante (esp DMC 2) yet. Just my opinion.

SpArDaCaN =/)

"Toasty!"
Vergil was probably in the demon world remember this is after DMC 1 thats what I think though. Tony was his alternate name used when he was in trouble after Sparda died. This is what i think.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Also, on his handgun "Ivory"(maybe Ebony too, im not sure,) he has the words "To: Tony Redgrave" inscribed on the side opposite of the "Ebony and Ivory" side of the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom