• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Enemy Step and Jump-Cancelling

is enemy step the same thing as jump-cancelling?

• Total voters

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
okay, so i would like to clear something up.
is enemy step the same thing as jump-cancelling?
i say yes ESSENTIALLY. the reason i say yes, is because enemy step is the technique of hopping off an enemy from which your move-set resets and you can do moves more times than you normally could.
so basically enemy step is the most simple jump cancel, it does not interrupt animation frames. therefore jump-cancelling is the exploit of enemy step.
or at least that's how i see it, what about you guys what do you think?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I say no.

Enemy stepping is used to jump off enemies while they're on the ground. Personsally I used it to stay in the air longer to dodge enimies and waited until they were all piled together, then do helm breaker. For me enemy step is a way of dodging attacks.

Jump canceling is a way to stay in the air and continue attacking while earning style points. I'v just now been discovering JC and it's pretty tough to do when you haven't played DMC3 in a year or two. Jump Canceling is for attacking purposes and skill.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I say no.

Enemy stepping is used to jump off enemies while they're on the ground. Personsally I used it to stay in the air longer to dodge enimies and waited until they were all piled together, then do helm breaker. For me enemy step is a way of dodging attacks.

Jump canceling is a way to stay in the air and continue attacking while earning style points. I'v just now been discovering JC and it's pretty tough to do when you haven't played DMC3 in a year or two. Jump Canceling is for attacking purposes and skill.
true, but without enemy step there would be no jump-cancelling.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
true, but without enemy step there would be no jump-cancelling.

images

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Also, without jumping:p

The possible abilities are scattered throughout the game. It's how you use them to create special techniques. So by combining, jumping, enemy step and attacking with devil arms, we use Jump Cancelling.

Top Bottom