• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ebony & Ivory - Grip Art

Luche

Hey everyone,

I figured I would come here to ask as you folks would be in the know for such things.

I am making props of Ebony and Ivory for a client. I have some resin versions of these that I have takem measurements from. The one bit that is driving me up the wall is the stickers. Does anyone know what artworks were used for the Eva and Beatrice protraits on the grips of the guns? Seriously, I have been searching 18th Century french portraits for weeks.

I tried adding images to this thread but something has gone wrong and it wants me to contact the admin. So in the mean time here are links to the images.

Ivory Grip

Ebony Grip

Ebony WIP 1

Ebony WIP 2

Ebony WIP 3

berto

I Saw the Devil
Honestly? The only thing I can tell you is that you can really only buy those in Japan. The actual name of the portraits or even if they’re actual art or just designed by an artist at Capcom is a mystery.

Last year I posted a link to a manufacturer who made working pieces to attach to actual guns to mod them into game and anime guns. E&I were there so you could mod a pair of M1911s into the guns. They also came with the art for the grips. There is also a Japanese model gun maker called Poseidon who made official air gun replicas. That’s all I got for you.

Luche

Yeah the model guns that I own and have taken measurements from are from Endoshoji which are Poseidon recasts.

I am fairly sure the art on the grips is real and out there in a gallery somewhere in London as I'm pretty sure I saw it as a kid.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, for DMC1 the staff went to Spain for research. Maybe it's Spanish art works.

Top Bottom