• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ebony and Ivory, the decline

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
One of my main problems with DMC4 and my main pros for DMC3 was how they handled the guns.

Today I am going to look at the primary example of the guns, Ebony and Ivory, and look at their their quality and balance throughout DMC1-4 by playing 4 and the HD collection..

Devil May Cry: Here is where they were powerful, it felt like I was shooting demons, but every shot I was getting was a Headshot. It felt like I didn't need to use my sword. The amount of shots to kill a demon was about 1-10.

Devil May Cry 2: We all know how Ebony and Ivory worked here. They made you god. It felt like you were shooting humans.

Dante's Awakening, Special Edition: this is where Ebony and Ivory proved useful and fair. Balanced beyond belief from DMC2, they were now used for more than just quick kills, they were now weapons used to rack up combos, and it felt like you were shooting DEMONS, Itsuno-san had prevailed at making the guns in the game a ton more fun.

DMC4: This is where the guns epically failed, let me briefly describe it.

You had to charge the guns for them to even bring up your style meter in the tiniest bit. They didn't feel useful and they made me feel like Pandora, despite it's slowness, was the only useful gun in the game

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Ebony and Ivory in DMC4 were more used for keeping enemies in the air then actual usefulness. But then again that's what those guns are used for in every DMC.

But yeah, they did seem a bit weaker in DMC4 then in the past DMC titles.

Railazel

I actually thought Ebony and Ivory were pretty well- balanced in DMC 1.

In DMC 1, there were no Style points but, rather, Style "Combos." E&I didn't add onto your Style Combo unless you juggled your enemies. Furthermore, they added onto your DT runes but only in small amounts, the Grenade Launcher proved to be a much more effective weapon in that regard.

Basically, they were in the same boat as Force Edge in that game. Not that powerful and not really all that useful.

DragonMaster2010

In DMC 1, there were no Style points but, rather, Style "Combos." E&I didn't add onto your Style Combo unless you juggled your enemies. Furthermore, they added onto your DT runes but only in small amounts, the Grenade Launcher proved to be a much more effective weapon in that regard.

Basically, they were in the same boat as Force Edge in that game. Not that powerful and not really all that useful.

Railazel. I haven't seen you in ages. Where've you been all this time?

DragonMaster2010

I've been busy with life.

Life?
Game-of-Life.jpg

Like this?:D

Nelo The Great

I like how you could shoot insanely faster while in the air

Top Bottom