• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Easy way to defeat dante

darkninjax123

Assassin
well my way is to keep shooting him with the pistol and he'll shoot back to stop the bullets of reaching him and when hes doing that make sure hes in reach of the snatch ability and use it to bring him close to you and u'll have enough time to hack away at him by using ur sword and d/t mode and repeat until dead but if he uses royal gaurd then just run up to him and use buster on him and he'll die eventually:lol:
hope this helps;)

Chrysander

I found that if you jump and stay in the air by repeatedly trying to snatch him, then buster him, then he falls for it a high percentage of the time. Sometimes he escapes the buster, but then you just jump and snatch him again. It's pretty lame. This worked on Son of Sparda mode, haven't tried DMD yet. I hope it doesn't work because it's pretty silly.

Swoosh

What also works is jumping on top of the bed canopy, and just standing there until he jumps to meet you. While he's in the air, snatch him and buster. Sometimes you'll clash (thank god it isn't that hard to win) so just do it and slash him back down. the aerial buster you can do on him works better though. Then just jump down until he follows, jump back up, and repeat. The worst that'll happen is you get hit by a shotgun blast or two, or if you perform the buster wrong, his sword. Still, I found this was a really easy (but kinda cheap) way to win, since all your doing is snatching him out of the air, when he can't dodge it. :p

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Chrysander;67355 said:
I found that if you jump and stay in the air by repeatedly trying to snatch him, then buster him, then he falls for it a high percentage of the time. Sometimes he escapes the buster, but then you just jump and snatch him again. It's pretty lame. This worked on Son of Sparda mode, haven't tried DMD yet. I hope it doesn't work because it's pretty silly.

Yeah.....in DMD that strategy is going to fail, because I know when your in DMD trying to snatch him over and over again, he dodges and shoots the shotgun knocking you far away and then he brings out Pandora transforms it into Revenge or Hatred to finish the job. Staying on the ground is my best strategy. You have to be a just the right distance while trying to snatch Dante, but make sure your not just snatching over and over again, because he'll dodge it every time trust me. Make sure to distract his attention off of Nero's devil bringer like shooting him then trying to snatch him(make sure your at a good distance like dark mentioned) or you can start a combo on Dante and finish it with the buster. I guarantee you'll buster him every time. Don't forget that you'll go into the clash if your not in dt. If your in dt you'll slam him in the ground three times for some ok damage.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Swoosh;67359 said:
What also works is jumping on top of the bed canopy, and just standing there until he jumps to meet you. While he's in the air, snatch him and buster. Sometimes you'll clash (thank god it isn't that hard to win) so just do it and slash him back down. the aerial buster you can do on him works better though. Then just jump down until he follows, jump back up, and repeat. The worst that'll happen is you get hit by a shotgun blast or two, or if you perform the buster wrong, his sword. Still, I found this was a really easy (but kinda cheap) way to win, since all your doing is snatching him out of the air, when he can't dodge it. :p

Yeeeeeaaah, I kinda had to do that to beat him cause he was SO damn hard. He won't let you get near him. I love Boss Dante, his artificial intelligence is far more superior to the other bosses of the game. (Including old fart) Looks like we thought of a similair stategy to beat Dante. I just Devil Brigered his a$$ until it was over.

darkninjax123

Assassin
hes actually pretty easy when i did my tactic in sos mode but im almost done in dmd mode and i already did it in the first mission when you have to fight him and i got an A rank

TJBurton

VirAlkiNG;67369 said:
Yeah.....in DMD that strategy is going to fail, because I know when your in DMD trying to snatch him over and over again, he dodges and shoots the shotgun knocking you far away and then he brings out Pandora transforms it into Revenge or Hatred to finish the job. Staying on the ground is my best strategy. You have to be a just the right distance while trying to snatch Dante, but make sure your not just snatching over and over again, because he'll dodge it every time trust me. Make sure to distract his attention off of Nero's devil bringer like shooting him then trying to snatch him(make sure your at a good distance like dark mentioned) or you can start a combo on Dante and finish it with the buster. I guarantee you'll buster him every time. Don't forget that you'll go into the clash if your not in dt. If your in dt you'll slam him in the ground three times for some ok damage.

I did that and it worked perfectly, just as long as you do it when hes not too close or about to do anything, you have to be pretty fast but its not hard to just know when to do it

FuumaMonou

darkninjax123;67494 said:
hes actually pretty easy when i did my tactic in sos mode but im almost done in dmd mode and i already did it in the first mission when you have to fight him and i got an A rank

Yeah, I beat him and S ranked the first mission in DMD mode with that idea (haven't reached him the second time yet, I've only beaten up to the second mission because I am taking my time and savoring the game (S ranked that one on my first try also). I actually figured that out early that he is so open if he is or even isn't shooting back at you. I mean, sometimes he will try and do something, but the majority of the time he doesn't. It actually makes me sad that the programed the AI like that.

Unfortunately, I can't say I S ranked it the first time I faced Dante in DMD mode, I kind of died the first time. I went for the Red Orbs, and got all of them. Once I did, he Stingered me. Then since in the mode before he only used Giglamesh on me, I wasn't expecting anything special. He proceeded to take half my life out in a couple seconds with Lucifer right after he Stingered me. Then I went to the shooting idea, and it looked like he still had Lucifer on... Little did I realize it was the first for of Pandora, and by the time I figured it out was when he slammed the laser cannon on the ground and blew out 1/4 of my life. From there, I didn't have enough life to surive those lucky Stingers he does sometimes a little bit of Ebony & Ivory Honeycomb Fire, so I died.

It isn't really a tough battle (at least the first one thus far, though the second in SoS mode wasn't any different in difficulty), but you'll get dominated in seconds if you don't know what he can and can't do.

Top Bottom