• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Easiest way of defeating Sanctus.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I know that this is gonna sound sooo sad, but i am stuck on Sanctus on the Hard difficulty. I haven't played on DMC4 for aaaages and i just can't remember how to beat him. As i remember, i kinda got p***ed off with trying :p

Please, i could do with some help.
Thanks guys!

YoshiExcel

Well, im sure you know you have to destroy his shield before you can do any kind of damage to him. so when the battle starts, keep away until his shield goes up. Then stay back until you see what attack he will use on you first. He says different things for different attacks i forget what he says though for each attack.

Theres like 2 attacks he does where you can use devil bringer to go up to him and deal damage to his shield. Dont use devil bringer when you see a bright glow because thats when hes gonna send some fireball thingies your way and those hurt! once his shield is down, you can again, use devil bringer to go hit him before he regains his shield back. if you hit him, he will be stunned, thats where you can hit him a few times and buster him.

Repeat until he then switches to a new attack where he charges at you, this time you will have to time a buster just right when he charges and youll catch him for some big damage.

good luck!

LunarEclipse

Dante Sparda
whoa... I defeated him about after 855.444.984.321 try! (just kidding!) but really.. if you don't know how to kill him its really hard! (When I can't killed him I've had nightmares 2 days arghh that old little dirty @!^æQ+ :verymad: )

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Here are some tips on fighting Sanctus:

1. Sanctus has barrier that protects him. It is a priority to destroy the barrier in order to damage Sanctus. Don't bother using Blue Rose or Buster as the it has no effect on the barrier. Instead, use Red Queen. Aerial Combo and Roulette Spin should be used to destroy the barrier. Roulette Spin is more useful as it has multiple hits, and it can easily destroy Sanctus's barrier.

2. Sanctus's fireballs attack are weak, but fast enough to knock Nero down. One way is to just use Side Roll, Air Hike, or Table Hopper to evade the fireballs. You can even shoot the fireballs with Blue Rose, but only when you are locking on him.

3. His random lasers attack are powerful, and it is hard to predict where it will hit. Whenever you see he is starting to use the attack, just run away, and don't bother attacking Sanctus.

4. His flame waves attack are powerful, but can be easily dodged as it only hits the ground. Jump and use Snatch on Sanctus to get close on him and attack him using Red Queen attacks.

5. The two objects floating can be used as to reach Sanctus quickly. Use Hell Bound/Snatch on it to get close to Sanctus. Be aware that those objects can become hostile and attack Nero with minor damage.

6. His lightning wave attack is powerful too, but it only hits the ground. Jump and use Roulette Spin or Aerial Combo to bring Sanctus down or destroy his barrier.

7. Once Sanctus's barrier destroyed, there is chance to bring him down defenseless by repeated Aerial Combo or Roulette Spin attacks. Do it quickly before he uses the barrier back. Once he is on the ground, use any attacks to damage him, but preferably Red Queen Combo C in D.T. mode, then Devil Buster on D.T. mode too. Showdown or Maximum Bet works too, but it takes time. You can use Summoned Swords while Nero is using Buster or Devil Buster to damage him further. Please note that after using Buster or Devil Buster, Sanctus will always summon his barrier, so make sure the Buster or Devil Buster as the finishing combo whenever he is defenseless on the ground.

To be honest, Sanctus fight is not hard, but annoying. During the second phase of the battle, he will try to run away from Nero after his barrier is destroyed and will quickly got to Savior to save himself. You must get to him quickly after his barrier gone during second phase.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I'm playing through it ATM LOL and I have a strategy that never fails me. First thing to do is as soon as he pulls the shield up, pull yourself towards him with snatch. Time it perfect or you'll get hurt and sent flying. Activate DT and perform Roulette Spin (Triangle, Triangle - PAUSE - Triangle). This will break the barrier in one go. As he tries to float away, snatch towards him and try to slash him. He will block with Sparda so land, then jump back up and BUSTER him. Immediately slash at him to break his guard. Land on the ground and Snatch him towards him. DT and slash him a bunch of times before performing BUSTER on him, doing A LOT of damage. Repeat this process until he charges towards him with Sparda. Jump back and wait for him to charge and time it so he is met with a BUSTER - make sure you DT first to do more damage. If you don't kill him the first time he charges, remember to shoot summoned swords while the BUSTER animation plays to squeeze that little bit more damage. Hope this has helped :D Once you have mastered it, he becomes VERY easy. I hate the old prick! Such a sucky final boss IMHO!

jobichaoz27

First, Break his Shield, the easiest way is to jump to him then attack him repeatedly than grabbing the 2 bla bla he used to summon using the DB to go near to him and do an attack, after breaking his shield, i use to charge my Blue rose then fire it, then attack him with the red queen, now your free to attack him vulnerable.

Top Bottom