• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragonmaster plays DMC4

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well I was going to gamestop to by my brother Prototype 2 (I didn't want it because noplay as Alex Mercer T-T) and I happen to stumble upon DMC4 which was really cheap. about 6 dollars for it. So I decided to get it and see if the gameplay felt nice.

Basically the story was as bland as I knew it to be and Nero was annoying as ever. Sadly I just rushed through with him to get to Dante. But that wasn't easy as I had to go through those damn areas getting lost and not even knowing where the f*ck to go! It was fustrating. Especially that damn glass floor area in the woods where you need to fight the black ghost dudes. And if that wasn't stressful enough, I played through Nero using no items (didn't have enough orbs for items) and having to fight bosses over and over again. Though not that many times, it was still pretty annoying.

But I think the boss I ended up fighting over and over the most was Dante. That dude kicked my ass time and time again and I had no items on me either (no vital stars, no devil stars, nothing) but I later figured out his pattern and beat him...after like eight tries.

But then I finally got to play as Dante, and I gotta say I was impressed. Dante's skill were more flexible and versitile then Neros that I was able to jump right into it. Of course I was annoyed by how enemies would fly away from me and I have no real quick way of getting close to them in time. But then I got all my weapons and had a ball with it.

I remember how I posted on the DMC4 thread about DMC4 combo vids not impressing me anymore. That's still true but I do give it to the players of this game for having such flexible fingers to do this stuff with Dante.

I guess I also got a new respect for Dante; though he's still shallow in character, inconsistant and just a plain old douchebag trying too hard to be cool, he really makes DMC4 and going through Nero's angsty story worth it.

So all in all, I give DMC4 a good 6/10

aoshi

Nero was to balance out game from getting too technical. Dante was so damn technical. If i get too frustrated with dante's technicality, I jus switch to nero and have fun in bloody palace.Then come back to dante.

DragonMaster2010

Nero was to balance out game from getting too technical. Dante was so damn technical. If i get too frustrated with dante's technicality, I jus switch to nero and have fun in bloody palace.Then come back to dante.

Well with me, my first DMC was DMC3, so I was use to the weapon switching. With DMC4 it was a bit hard at first, but later on, I got a good handle on it.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I pretty much agree with you on this one.

The one thing that actually saved the game, was Dante and his awesome combat and those fights who Berial and Credo.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante makes you feel like a god when you master him. Its so satisfying juggling enemies in mid air with him with j'cing on the fly guard flying inertia with twosome time. Nero is good but take away the devil bringer and he would be crap.

DragonMaster2010

I have no regrets roasting my copy on an open fire.

Well well well, it appears that Orlando Bloo has stepped into this forum.

Might we have gentlmenly conversations about our mustaches?
1280px-Neutral-feel-like-a-sir-clean-l.png

Top Bottom