• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Don't character rights get on your nerves?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm referring to both marvel and DC media at the moment. as of now, i'm just getting into smallville and noticing how certain characters have the traits of other DC comics characters. most prominently is oliver queen. He acts just like batman. and the love triange between him, lois, and clark is exactly like the one in the DCAU. one a marvel issue, i am upset that the rights to characters are all over the place. like, just recently there was a character battle between marvel and fox for magneto's children. and before that, there are continuity issues (that can be cleverly adjusted) that plague the movies. like how all the marvel movies are trying to emulate the ultimate universe, while they can't because shield plays a huge role in each character's life but some don't have that luxury because of character rights. but thats just me whining. i had to get that off my chest

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
When Spider-Man and Wolverine can't join the Avengers because of this sh!t then you're damn right it gets on my nerves. I want Spidey in the Avengers so bad. He's my favorite superhero of all freaking time and deserves to be in it.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
it's annoying but unfortunately Marvel didn't plan on making movies themselves until they had already sold the movie rights to some of their characters. we can only hope that Marvel will manage to get the rights to them back.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
yes and no since althought i'd rather they be able to use whoever they want, MARVEL and DC have so many characters so they could fill a replacement easily and it has a added side bonus of giving a lesser known character a boost

In the case of Spidey and wolverine, i like their tenure as avengers in the beginning but after a while they were just wallpaper to boost sales. Plus the avengers were great for fifty years before anyone thought of adding them so they have so many other characters to use.

I feel like they probably could find a suitable replacement for any of the ones they cant use.

Like the x-men as whole could be replaced by the group the Inhumans. They were a society of humans who were experimented on by an alien race so their descendants lived closed off from the rest of the world. Most of the X-men pathos of being a metaphor for minorities or outsiders could be filled by them.

Reactions: Jak
Top Bottom