• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does Vergil really believe this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I read the first DMC3 manga yesterday, and in Vergil's file it said that he believed that his mother loved Dante more than him. Does Vergil really believe this or is this just the manga talking, because I know how the manga can be very different.

I personaly believe that he doesn't believe that, but id like to know your opinion.

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
hmmm.....well i would have thought that maybe thats sorta right...i mean, look at dante compared to vergil......maybe eva loved dante more because he didn't really want to take over the world and he isn't a really evil sod like vergil.....sorry vergil isn't a sod hes gorgeous lol ^_^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Whether it is right or wrong think this instead:

Parents usually pay more attention to the cheerful,playful kids who need someone near them all them time to make sure they don't do trouble. Dante could be that kind of kid.

On the other hand, children who stay quiet, read books, or like spending time alone, are usually though differently and besides, when you have time for one little devil, you can't possibly have time for 2.

Dante and Eva probably spent more time together since Dante was more into parent's love and Eva only instructed him to go hide when the event that killed her occurred.

These are mostly speculation, but I think they are quite possible. Although the kids - as kids - probably had similar character with minimum different things. This can be seen in Dante's thoughts as he destroyed Nelo Angelo when he remembered a quote of their birthday together, where they both sounded very cheerful and play-like.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
That last fact you pointed out. Thats the reason, I don't believe it. Vergil and Dante were probably twins not just in looks, but in personality as well at that time. I believe Vergil became what he was after his mother died. I mean, how would you act and feel, after being alone most likely probably under Mudus' control or something like that. What im trying to say is that I think there's a reason for Vergil's behavior and current personality.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Probably the death of Eva caused both of them a great deal.

Vergil held himself responsible, hardened his heart and abandoned the house, seeking power.

Dante was afraid that he was alone in the world and cursed Sparda for leaving his family thus being unable to prevent Eva's death.

What I say about Vergil can be shown in their first battle after Vergil saying to Dante that without strength you cannot protect anything, let alone yourself. The word "protect" shows that Vergil either wishes/wished to protect something/someone or he just taunts Dante for being unable to protect anyone by losing to him. (Or both:p )

Dante shows his "hate" about Sparda, but in contrast to Vergil he relinquishes his personal thoughts (after the confrontation with Lady) and fights for the greater cause, thus being able to overcome Vergil;)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Tony_Redgrave;41930 said:
What I say about Vergil can be shown in their first battle after Vergil saying to Dante that without strength you cannot protect anything, let alone yourself. The word "protect" shows that Vergil either wishes/wished to protect something/someone or he just taunts Dante for being unable to protect anyone by losing to him. (Or both:p )

Thats exactly what I thought.

Chrysander

I don't think that the writers / developers have thought about it. I mean, in DMC1 when you hear Dante's thoughts of Vergil, it's about him as a kid with Vergil. But, in my opinion, the only reason we hear that is because the events of DMC3 had not been thought of at that point. If they had planned ahead, they would have had Vergil's adult voice in Dante's head surely. It might be argued that Dante's memory of Vergil is mainly childhood... but the last time he saw Vergil was pretty intense, and you'd think that would be his strongest memory of him.

I haven't seen any official confirmation about Eva's relationship with Vergil, so I wouldn't believe what it says in the manga necessarily. However, just by speculating, it might very well seem that way to Vergil even if it wasn't true. Maybe Vergil is just insecure or unhappy generally, and so he would feel paranoid that he was unloved by his mother, and would interpret it that way rather than be optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom