• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does SMT take place before or after DMC2

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
dante seems more like his cocky DMC1/anime self. not quit DMC2 brooding but no where near "i just drank some vodka and smokes some weed" DMC4 dante self either.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
dante seems more like his cocky DMC1/anime self. not quit DMC2 brooding but no where near "i just drank some vodka and smokes some weed" DMC4 dante self either.
Like I said before, this is my favorite Dante, and it's this one that should have been in the actual DMC2 instead of Mute Dante. Hopefully, a Dante like this will be in DMC5 or DmC2.

It most likely takes place after DMC2, because he went to hell/and or other alternate dimensions.

However, when he returned to Lucia, perhaps only a few days had taken place in that time span, because time could pass much more slowly in hell/alternate realities.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It doesn't take place in the DMC series at all. It's a Shin Megami Tensei game with Dante just doing a cameo appearance.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Difference of opinion, then. However, I won't go as far as to say that Dante took a part of Project X Zone after DMC1...

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
so are we talking "marvel vs capcom" alternate universe dante where they diverge when classic dante takes these crazy missions and lands in another dimension?

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Speculation it should take place right after DMC 2 Hell and Earth become one thus giving Dante the chance to go back to earth...some what

Top Bottom