• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

does dante see himself as a protector?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i know in DmC and DMC4 dante does the whole "i protect this earth" and "you only get to save the world once" and stuff like that but does dante really see himself as humanity's guardian? or does he just hunt devils for revenge? or just for fun? or maybe even for the money or thrills?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think it started out as revenge/thrill-seeing but eventually he did like trying to help other people so he decided to fight for others.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Dante in DmC becomes that hero by the end of the game because he wants to do the right thing.

The original Dante was actually always originally motivated just by revenge. Of course he still has the moral values to do the right thing when he can but, it all started with vengeance.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
see himself as humanity's guardian
hunt devils for revenge
for fun
for the money or thrills?

All of the above, I recon. It just depends what mood he's in and/or whether someone is forcing him to take on a job ala Enzo/Morrison/Lady.

IncarnatedDemon

Mundus, dying: "Dante, I will return... And I will rule this
wwwoooorrlllddd..."

Dante: "Goodbye! And when you do come back, give my regards to my son,
will ya?"

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Are you being serious or just trolling lol?

tootsie-roll-pop-owl.jpg

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
wait wait wait...thought dante was planned to have a daughter...?

Kamiya said in his twitter that the "son" reference in DMC1 was just a joke.In the way DMC "canon" is at this moment, Dante's "son" will be probably Nero, who will take Dante's place.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Dante in DmC becomes that hero by the end of the game because he wants to do the right thing.

The original Dante was actually always originally motivated just by revenge. Of course he still has the moral values to do the right thing when he can but, it all started with vengeance.

Didn't DmC Dante joins Vergil's cause as to get revenge at Mundus for killing his mother and f*cking with his life and family?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Didn't DmC Dante joins Vergil's cause as to get revenge at Mundus for killing his mother and f*cking with his life and family?

Yeah, but that's why Chancey mentioned "by the end of the game." What started as a very self-serving goal became so much more as he learned about humanity's actual plight :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, but that's why Chancey mentioned "by the end of the game." What started as a very self-serving goal became so much more as he learned about humanity's actual plight :p

But he did start his campaign against Mundus with the intent for revenge like the old Dante did.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
But he did start his campaign against Mundus with the intent for revenge like the old Dante did.

Yush.

Classic Dante's original goal seemed slightly less selfish; he still cared about getting revenge on who killed his mother, but figures he might as well kill what may while he waits for that day to come. Plus, by the end of DMC1, he really did fulfill is goal for vengeance, so the rest sorta just became doin' what he did best - being in debt and killin' demons :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yush.

Classic Dante's original goal seemed slightly less selfish; he still cared about getting revenge on who killed his mother, but figures he might as well kill what may while he waits for that day to come. Plus, by the end of DMC1, he really did fulfill is goal for vengeance, so the rest sorta just became doin' what he did best - being in debt and killin' demons :p

He did get his vengeance but not as much to the extent that DmC Dante did since Mundus is still alive and probably will come back one day especially with that hint/shout out in DMC4.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DMC3: Killing demons for fun, but by the end realizing that demon hunting is serious business.
DMC1: Finds the demon who killed his mom and is focused on revenge. End of the game vengeance fulfilled.
DMC4: All just fun and games in the business of devil hunting.
DMC2: Just a chore to deal with on a regular basis.

DmC: Revenge at first, then doing it for Kat, and finally doing it for the human race.

DMC

Devil May Cry
Kamiya said in his twitter that the "son" reference in DMC1 was just a joke.In the way DMC "canon" is at this moment, Dante's "son" will be probably Nero, who will take Dante's place.
they need to explain nero more... nero doesnt really have a past.. he just appeared... -eats cookie-

Top Bottom