• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does Anyone Here Play .hack?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Played the original 4 games and GU games as well. I enjoyed playing dot hack games, but it is kinda complicated for casual players to play, in my opinion. Good game series, though.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Played the original 4 games and GU games as well. I enjoyed playing dot hack games, but it is kinda complicated for casual players to play, in my opinion. Good game series, though.

Ha! So there IS one that's played them. Did you beat them as well?

I prefer GU, but it seems many people prefer the original series more...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ha! So there IS one that's played them. Did you beat them as well?

I prefer GU, but it seems many people prefer the original series more...

Yeah, but it was long time ago. lol

I prefer GU series as well, because the gameplay terms are slightly easier to understand, and to me, Haseo is cooler than Kite. :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah, but it was long time ago. lol

I prefer GU series as well, because the gameplay terms are slightly easier to understand, and to me, Haseo is cooler than Kite. :D

Haseo is much cooler than Kite. I could relate much better with Kite though. It seemed every time I said something, he'd say the same thing, or close to it. Makes sense, I'm just as shy and noble as he is. *shrugs*

What did you think of the Avatar Battles in GU? I created a website dedicated specifically to them. XD With videos and everything.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Haseo is much cooler than Kite. I could relate much better with Kite though. It seemed every time I said something, he'd say the same thing, or close to it. Makes sense, I'm just as shy and noble as he is. *shrugs*

What did you think of the Avatar Battles in GU? I created a website dedicated specifically to them. XD With videos and everything.

The Avatar Battles are awesome. The Azure Knights battle is epic as well, with Azure Balmung as my favourite Azure Knight. :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Avatar Battles are awesome. The Azure Knights battle is epic as well, with Azure Balmung as my favourite Azure Knight. :D

They were my favorite characters. Balmung is your fave too?! Awesome! Kite of the Azure Flame, Balmung of the Azure Sky, and Orca of the Azure Sea...

Azure Flame God was a pain in my ass, though. >_< I'm not looking forward to Cubia.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
They were my favorite characters. Balmung is your fave too?! Awesome! Kite of the Azure Flame, Balmung of the Azure Sky, and Orca of the Azure Sea...

Azure Flame God was a pain in my ass, though. >_< I'm not looking forward to Cubia.

Azure Flame God is very, very hard to fight. I was relieved when the fight with him is over, not to mention how many times I died when fighting him... >_<

It is a shame that Namco Bandai are not planning to make a dot hack game for PS3 and Xbox 360, since they said that dot hack//Link is the final game in the series. :(

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Azure Flame God is very, very hard to fight. I was relieved when the fight with him is over, not to mention how many times I died when fighting him... >_<

It is a shame that Namco Bandai are not planning to make a dot hack game for PS3 and Xbox 360, since they said that dot hack//Link is the final game in the series. :(

He's such a jerk to fight. Though I was used to how those fights go (I play Zone of the Enders a lot, which is very similar) so I was fortunate to only die a couple times. The best way to Data Drain him is to NOT MOVE during Data Drain mode.

Yeah, a true shame... Why kill off such a successful franchise? It makes no sense to me.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
He's such a jerk to fight. Though I was used to how those fights go (I play Zone of the Enders a lot, which is very similar) so I was fortunate to only die a couple times. The best way to Data Drain him is to NOT MOVE during Data Drain mode.

Yeah, a true shame... Why kill off such a successful franchise? It makes no sense to me.

Most likely because of the sales of the games. Each GU games unable to sell more than 200000 units, which is a very sad thing to see.

Vol.1 Rebirth Sales - http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/3462/hackgu-vol1rebirth/

Vol.2 Reminisce Sales - http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/6043/hackgu-vol2reminisce/

Vol.3 Redemption Sales - http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/3464/hackgu-vol3redemption/

Namco Bandai are really sensitive towards their video game sales. If the sales are low, it is very likely that they will not release a new game of the series, or localise the Japanese version to English.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Damn! It's no wonder none of my friends even know about this game... And why it's so hard to buy it online.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It is. Most of my friends didn't know about the game series until I told them. Some of them got some exposure of the series through the anime series.

A couple of my friends know of the anime, but I've yet to meet a person, besides you, who knows there are games without my having to explain it.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
A couple of my friends know of the anime, but I've yet to meet a person, besides you, who knows there are games without my having to explain it.

Another factor why the game series generally unknown to most people because it lacks proper marketing. I mean, I don't see much promotion, commercials of the game online or through TV before their releases. Perhaps it is popular in Japan, but definitely not worldwide.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Another factor why the game series generally unknown to most people because it lacks proper marketing. I mean, I don't see much promotion, commercials of the game online or through TV before their releases. Perhaps it is popular in Japan, but definitely not worldwide.

They didn't really try to sell it. Such a shame...

Top Bottom