• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anybody else not have a specific playstyle

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
and instead has a different playstyle depending on how the game handles it?

For instance, if you're really good at stealth in one game, would you force yourself to always been stealth in another game, or go with what that game specifically works best for you?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
In stealth games i like to do ghost runs with no kills first. Then i will do a run with stealth takedowns only and finally a run where i kill everything.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Yeah in a stealth game I do ghost runs a lot and prefer the game focus on stealth and the ghost play style for me, which is something I dislike in the Batman Arkham games because the games won't let you continue until you knock out all enemies which sucks since I can't ghost them.
Also it is why I don't like Splinter Cell Blacklist because it's a stealth game that doesn't focus fully on stealth, it focuses on "Play da game your way!" by just making stealth an option. If I chose to shoot s**t up in Chaos Theory I'd be wasted.

In shooter games I tend to go on my 90s twitch shooter instinct and shoot while jumping around with rocket launchers and stuff, which is why I hate cover shooters by the way, never force me to slow down and take cover in a shooter, me and cover do not get along.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Naah... I don't force myself to go out of my comfort zone just so that I can do stealth.
It is very simple for me, stealth games = stealth and games that give me options, I usually tend to take the magic route.

To better explain myself-
In Hitman: Absolution, I did two kind of runs. One was the very coveted Silent Assassin run, the other was self-made 'Silent Murderer' run where I killed everyone without raising any alarm.

In Skyrim, I could never force myself to do a stealthy character. I made a lot of characters which, in the end, basically turned into 'Illusionist Conjurer'.

Maxman

Well, it depends on the game , like for example, playing a game like L4D, Killing Floor, or even Borderlands, where its centered around Coop, I like sticking around my teammates and backing them up or even sometimes take it upon myself to cover the front lines to cover one or more injured teammates
In a Game like Killing Floor, my playstyle depends on the Perk I am playing as, if I am a Sharpshooter, then its up to me to take care of ZEDS from long range distances so that my Team doesn't have to worry about being swarmed in from the directions they are not engaged in as well as dealign with Stronger ZEDS like Scrakes,Husks,Sirens and stuffs, or if I am playing as Field Medic, Then its up to me to stay in between my teammates and heal em, as well as use the M7A3 to pick off ZEDS that are pestering my teammates while they are engaged in more serious threats

Nao comes my favorite part <3

In Max Payne, all I do is : JUST PACK IN SOME PANKILLERS , DUAL-WIELD DEM HANDGUNS AND SPANK THEM MOBSTERS WHILE SHOOT-DODGING IN BULLET-TIME

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
In Borderlands, I play as the Sniper classes.

But in TF2, I play as Scout instead, since I find snipers more useful in Borderlands than they are in TF2.

Top Bottom