• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think there will be a spiritual sucessor to DMC?

Nerofanheart

I mean gameplay-wise Rising is definetly not it (didnt like it very much) my guesses are on Bayonetta 2 its a shame its a Wii-U exclusive

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'd say just Bayonetta. Insane, stylish action is what it has in common with DMC. Plus isn't that Enzo guy in it. So it shares a character with DMC too.
It might not be a WiiU exclusive for long if they can make more money out of selling it to Xbox and Ps3 gamers too. I'm hoping that will happen because I am not buying a WiiU.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Yeah, bayonetta, much as the game's lead annoys the flip outt'a me, is pretty much set in the same world as kamiya's concept for DMC1, they share Enzo Ferino, and Bayonetta makes a number of setting references to Eva and Sparda.

ZeroLove

Bayonetta has always been considered the spiritual successor, due to the many similarities in gameplay and style. There are no games which are as close to DMC as Bayonetta is, though God of War, Darksiders and MGR could be considered to be in the same genre.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Well, Bayonetta was directed and developed but most of the same team as DMC1, so it has more legit claim that any other out of series game...even if the main character is an insufferable walking fetish of a Mary Sue...

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
Well, Bayonetta was directed and developed but most of the same team as DMC1, so it has more legit claim that any other out of series game...even if the main character is an insufferable walking fetish of a Mary Sue...

Bayonetta is a Mary Sue character? Seems legit. XD

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
And what flaws or "weaknesses" claimed to be there are so superfical the actually have no negative impact on fthe character at all unless the plot designs it in otder to make them even more BA and invicible as a result.

DissonantDemon

And what flaws or "weaknesses" claimed to be there are so superfical the actually have no negative impact on fthe character at all unless the plot designs it in otder to make them even more BA and invicible as a result.

Unless Bayonetta 2 has a giant, flying, crying, baby cockroach boss fight.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Like everyone else said, it would be Bayonetta, simply because it is, well to be blunt, Hideki Kamiya copy and pasting DMC1. So I suppose Bayonetta would be the "spiritual successor" by default.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Technically DMC1 was the first stylish action game and launched a new genre so every series that had a DMC-esque approach to combat is its spiritual successor.

Top Bottom