• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do You Jump Cancel?

Do you Jump Cancel?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I couldnt care less about it...

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Now we all know what it is and how to do it but i was just wondering how many people can? i can do a little but i refuse to re-map my buttons for it, i find it a bit gimmicky personally and think it looks a little boring i was just wondering what the general consensus was?

aka958

Don't trust people
Yes, I jump cancel. I am very very bad at it but I do not spam it. I only use it for technical advantage such as:

Shotgun Shot + Jump cancel against Fausts and Mephistos to easily decloak them.

Killer bee + royal block (kinda jump cancel) against Blitz with Dante to easily de-electrify it.

Sometimes I do the oh so oftenly used:

Yamato Air slash + Jump Cancel

Why? Because I think Yamato Air slash looks EPIC!

I also use the Lucifer air combo cancel towards Echidna and Angelo Agnus sometimes.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I only did it with Vergil/Nelo in DMC3:SE for a very short time to try it out as it was easy to do with Beowolf but never got on with it as it looked and felt kinda cheap and boring.

Never even tried it in DMC4 it feels a lot more gratifying to successfully string a load of badass moves together than to kick something up into the air and spam the same move over and over, idk it just never really appeals to me but having said that I do abuse distortion and the DT Pin-Up whenever I fight bosses but even that makes me feel like im cheating I guess those moves and JCing are in the same camp.
Also like SpawnShooter refuse to remap the controls for anything I am too used to ye olde Japanese layout.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I heard of that jump cancel thing but I have no idea how to do it or what it is. When I play DMC3 & 4 I just play and my rank goes up.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
^Some great points there guys, agree with them all DISORTION FTW!!! :p i gotta admit though i have re-mapped shoot with Nero to the right trigger to make it easier to charge shot and its also nice to have taunt on a face button :)

aka958

Don't trust people
SpawnShooter;300433 said:
^Some great points there guys, agree with them all DISORTION FTW!!! :p i gotta admit though i have re-mapped shoot with Nero to the right trigger to make it easier to charge shot and its also nice to have taunt on a face button :)

I would change it, but I didn't in the end. I thought "It doesn't work for me".

Instead I have my thumb on the X/Square to charge while I use Style/DB and attack with my pointing finger. Yes, it hurts after a while. Doesn't stop me from playing though. <.<

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
I do use jump cancel.

But only in DMC4 because there is where i consider worth of using, specialy againts big bosses.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Don't like rearranging my controls for it, personally... so I can hardly be bothered to do it. But it is one surefire way to stylish rankings on DMD.

aoshi

Yes i do. It makes the player better at executing other moves which are quite hard otherwise. It also breaks the gameplay speed to analyse better and use moves wisely.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Sparda's rejected son;301513 said:
What is "Jump cancel" in theory?

Using the enemy step move to cut an attack animation short after the impact to make combat faster and sharper. But some people just use it to cancel the effect/gravity of a move which enables them to spam it over and over making enemies easier to deal with. I think it also resets the double jump but that might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom