• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMD... enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hi

Whilst playing on Dante Must Die/Vergil Must Die modes, the enemies have a purple 'smoke/aura' floating around them and they are bloody difficult to kill.

What is the purple thing? What does it do?

Thanks

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;195332 said:
Hi

Whilst playing on Dante Must Die/Vergil Must Die modes, the enemies have a purple 'smoke/aura' floating around them and they are bloody difficult to kill.

What is the purple thing? What does it do?

Thanks

There's only one mode, Dante Must Die, both for Dante and Vergil.

The purple aura is a state of Devil Trigger for the enemies which they become hard to kill, hence the difficulty of this mod is the highest.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Oh yeah he's lame... except... i'm finding him difficult to beat on... *shakes head* hard mode

aoshi

Honestly DMD has become such a pain. I beat the game once with a not very good rank. Improving on that. But the mode is just a pain.:mad:

Currently on mission 19. Blob is getting on my nerves. Snakes jus keep coming in second half and i am tired of dodging so many of them.Is this mode for gamers or nuts?

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
I can honestly say that I spammed Holy Waters in Mission 19 just so I could beat Arkham the blob. I got a lousy ranking for that, but at least I unlocked Mission 20. I can always work on the ranking later.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
At the moment, I've only found Nevan and Cerberus a pain on DMD...
I'm not looking forward to fighting Doppelganger or Arkham.

aoshi

Vergil'sB*tch;204467 said:
At the moment, I've only found Nevan and Cerberus a pain on DMD...
I'm not looking forward to fighting Doppelganger or Arkham.

Dopple ganger should be a piece of cake. He is very open to attacks and does not have attacks which is hard to dodge.

I am on m20 RG. Vergil keeps regaining life which annoys the heck outa me.:p. Oh wat have u created capcom?

aoshi

Crimson Devil;205758 said:
You think that's tough? Hell and hell mode (DMC4) make u wanna cry and stop playing...

I believe DMC 3 DMD is still considered the hardest compared to all modes in DMC 4. Also i find bosses open to attacks in DMC 4 and nero has uber powerful attacks whereas dante only has one style and it is monotous to hit same combos to find the same result through out the mission. Am working on attacks as am able to guard most of vergil's attacks but with attacks , need to concentrate on release. I wish capcom can make life easier.:mad:

There is a thread too that discusses difficulty of DMC3 with DMC 4.

http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=18036

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'm just curious - is it for the U.S./Europe that these super-hard modes get put in to a lot of Japanese-made games? As in, there must be a demand for more difficulties here...? Someone told me that the DMC games are harder on "normal" difficulty in Japan, but they don't have the ultra hard modes over there like DMD...? Whereas in the U.S./Europe there are always more difficulty levels to choose from and usually a much easier/harder difficulty shoved in as well?

Is it because we're less patient than Japanese gamers or expect more structure to our play I wonder?

Personally I like working my way up from normal to really hard difficulties in games, it extends the replay value for me and gives me something new to expect each time.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I actually played through all of the DMC games from easy to DMD or Heaven or Hell or Hell or Hell. (Yes, I beat Hell or Hell. That took FOREVER.) It extends the replay value like Lexy said, plus sometimes certain bosses get different attacks and certain enemies will pop up in different places. Like in DMC 1, instead of fighting Sin Scythes after destroying the lion statue like you do in easy automatic mode, you fight a Shadow instead. (Those things are my dodging practice dummies. I swear I can use them to get better at dodging. Which brings me to another point. They need to put the dodge button back in a more accessible place, like in DMC2.)

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
aoshi;205705 said:
Dopple ganger should be a piece of cake. He is very open to attacks and does not have attacks which is hard to dodge.

I am on m20 RG. Vergil keeps regaining life which annoys the heck outa me.:p. Oh wat have u created capcom?
The same goes with my state being. I find Vergil annoying once he begin transforming himself into his devil's state (DT), which in return will grant him a lot more stronger and faster than the usual along with the spontaneous healing process he would take.

But since Vergil is the last boss and Dante's rival, Capcom must have it that way to make it a little more challenging or else, he won't be called a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom