• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC's Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railazel

This is just a simple question thread, where I make up the questions and hear your theories about that guestion.

1st Question: Is Sparda's power connected to the Perfect Amulet or simply his own?

2nd Question: Why does the Perfect Amulet resonate so well with the Force Edge? Is it because they are used as Sparda's seal?

3rd Question: It is said that Sparda wielded both Rebellion and Yamato, is this true? If so, were they used during his human form or did he use them as much as he used the Force Edge?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Good questions, I wouldn't mind knowing myself. I can tell you that Sparda wielded Yamato but at the moment there is no proof of him ever owning Rebellion and the only proof of it having any kind of demonic powers would be its ever so slight transformation in DMC3.

I would guess that the Amulet was split by Sparda himself for 2 reasons. Firstly to protect its use as a key to the underworld by people like Arkham. And secondly because Sparda knew that the full power of his Sword could only be wielded by one but he had 2 perfect twin sons so he turned the amulet into a key to unlock the sword and gave a piece to both of his sons, knowing that one day they would discover this and decide once and for all who would succeed him and inherit the full power of the sword.

It didn't transform for Arkham because he didn't have the blood of Sparda. Which may be a sign that this process was designed to recognise Spardas blood.

Railazel

darth_angelo45;180281 said:
Good questions, I wouldn't mind knowing myself. I can tell you that Sparda wielded Yamato but at the moment there is no proof of him ever owning Rebellion and the only proof of it having any kind of demonic powers would be its ever so slight transformation in DMC3.

I would guess that the Amulet was split by Sparda himself for 2 reasons. Firstly to protect its use as a key to the underworld by people like Arkham. And secondly because Sparda knew that the full power of his Sword could only be wielded by one but he had 2 perfect twin sons so he turned the amulet into a key to unlock the sword and gave a piece to both of his sons, knowing that one day they would discover this and decide once and for all who would succeed him and inherit the full power of the sword.

It didn't transform for Arkham because he didn't have the blood of Sparda. Which may be a sign that this process was designed to recognise Spardas blood.

Hmmm... I see.

Zato-OW

King
It's not that Arkham didn't have the blood of Sparda. Its just that his body couldn't handle the amount of power the sword was giving out so he turned into a blob. He was just too weak to handle it.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Zato-OW;181182 said:
so he turned into a blob.

LOL

I dont think Sparda had to use the amulets to wield the true power of Sparda sword, HIS powers. I think he sealed his powers that way so it would be harder to "steal".

Railazel

Zato-OW;181182 said:
It's not that Arkham didn't have the blood of Sparda. Its just that his body couldn't handle the amount of power the sword was giving out so he turned into a blob. He was just too weak to handle it.

"What? Damn You!" -Arkham

"I came to retrieve my power, you can't handle it."- Vergil
------------------
"You think can defeat me, the power of your father, the Great Sparda?" -Arkham

"You must come to realize you cannot control the power of Sparda." -Vergil

"You're wasting your time, buddy." -Dante

(good point...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom