• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMCHD: Lady... playable character?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Just looking at the news on the front page of the forum... the achievements for the new DMC HD collection have been released.

I've been looking at the pictures on the achievements and one is (eg) finish the game on normal with any character... and this picture is beside it.
wExWt+dpeIb1gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

If lady isn't a playable character, why would she be on the achievement?
IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!

Image may be broken, so here's the link to the achievements
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/devil-may-cry-hd-collection/achievements

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I don't care for Lady, but it bothers me that they'd stick a picture of her on the achievement when she isn't a playable character. (Unless she's DLC...)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I doubt it's what we think it is.
Many of the DMC 3 achievements also has a picture which features Lady, Vergil and Dante.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
well, if she's not playable, they shouldn't stick her in the picture :p

i just wanted to gauge other people's reaction to it...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well between DMC1,2, and 3 the playable characters are (should) be Dante, Vergil, Trish, Lucia, and Sparda (costume). So maybe you can play all 3 games with one of these 5 characters and maybe Lady.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldnt mind her being playable but she requires a radically different playstyle, one similar to the RE titles.

lets hope they can pull it off.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i wasn't expecting any extra characters and still don't think it is likely to happen but it would be interesting if Capcom added Lady as a playable character

if they are adding Lady to DMC3 i wonder if they are adding any other characters. DMC2 already has three playable characters and if they did this DMC3 would have three so they would need to add another character to DMC1 to keep things even since it only has two.

Trish is already playable in DMC2 with moves from Dante's DMC1 moveset so it wouldn't be hard to put her in DMC1. and if they did that then there would be 3 playable characters in each game. (DMC1: Dante/Sparda/Trish DMC2: Dante/Lucia/Trish DMC3: Dante/Vergil/Lady)

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think people are reading way too much in to it. From what I've been told by Capcom the collection will feature HD versions of the games, nothing more, nothing less, same polygon count, same animation, and nothing more. Creating an HD reconstruction is a heavy task, to add mechanics to the game would require actual game design and the people who've made the games are in other studios or other games so I wouldn't trust those involved to make changes.

Bottom line, no playable Lady, no bloody palace and chapter selction on DMC1, no enhanced and updated gameplay for DMC2, and no on the fly style switching for DMC3, it's the same games all over again, just in HD and with a standardized controler scheme.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
I think people are reading way too much in to it. From what I've been told by Capcom the collection will feature HD versions of the games, nothing more, nothing less, same polygon count, same animation, and nothing more. Creating an HD reconstruction is a heavy task, to add mechanics to the game would require actual game design and the people who've made the games are in other studios or other games so I wouldn't trust those involved to make changes.

Bottom line, no playable Lady, no bloody palace and chapter selction on DMC1, no enhanced and updated gameplay for DMC2, and no on the fly style switching for DMC3, it's the same games all over again, just in HD and with a standardized controler scheme.

Look at the box art, it clearly says "remastered in high definition with exclusive bonus content".
pa.206428.1.jpg

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I wouldnt mind her being playable but she requires a radically different playstyle, one similar to the RE titles.

lets hope they can pull it off.
I've always wondered what it'd be like...cuz (literally) the other possibilities are too friggin' strong

I'm gonna crack up sooo bad if it has all that (ps. not trollin)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think it may be content geared towards the reboot than the old series.

I think i rather see lady more playable than trish as lady would stand out more than Trish, gameplay wise.
Trish reminds me too much of dante.

Top Bottom