• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Vids

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Hey guys :) I'm also going to be doing some vids too and like RN said we are thinking of maybe doing a collab thing.

Anyway, I'm a total newb when it comes to computer things, but when I was recording my Xbox clips I wasn't sure what settings to use, so I did two to see which one is better, but I kinda think they look the same, the Dante one is 100MB bigger for the same amount of footage, which is hell on an already crowded laptop and slow internet, do you think the size increase is worth the difference?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuG0YY2W2s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMaC0vUBqCA

(Note the above videos have now been taken down)

EDIT: Oh and excuse the black and white at the beginning that was for, um, dramatic affect...like I said, total newb!

SpawnShooter vids

IST Dante entry

Berial Punching Bag

SOS Tournament entry

aka958

Don't trust people
Hey Spawn, did you know that if you DT before impact with any hit of Gilgamesh it gets stronger? Also, if you release just as it upgrades in power you'll get a stronger version of the hit?

SpawnShooter

Yep, distortion works with all attacks, I think I do it once with Yamatos slash against a Chimera.

and I'm still getting used to Just Frames, but I bet no ones heard of "guard flying" or "sky running" :p that's some madness. Expect a vid from me soon...hopefully XD

EDIT: Meant to say distortion works with most attacks, things like pin up or dimension slash can't be distorted

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah, I've noticed that.

But Just Frames is so awesome. I train it all the time when I play. Sitting there for 5 minutes after finishing a level in bloody palace just training it. :F

You can jump cancel alot too. Your Nero gameplay is AWESOME. But your Dante gameplay might need a little polish when it comes to do things quickly in succession. However you can play... REALLY good. o.o
Good with Royalguard too. I never touch that style since I suck at it, with the only exception being the Savior battle. <.<

WHAT DID YOU USE TO RECORD? =O

SpawnShooter

Wow, thanks mate ^_^ I used a Dazzle DVC 100, it was only £20 :D

Yeah with Dante, I've been playing a lot of DMC3 lately, so my timing feels a bit off, but your def right I do need to increase my style switching speed and a bit less sloppily I think, I want to be able to do the Trickster, Royal Guard switch to let you do infinite dashes, but it's so hard :/ did you think the quality of the vids were any different?

aka958

Don't trust people
Wow, thanks mate ^_^ I used a Dazzle DVC 100, it was only £20 :D

Yeah with Dante, I've been playing a lot of DMC3 lately, so my timing feels a bit off, but your def right I do need to increase my style switching speed and a bit less sloppily I think, I want to be able to do the Trickster, Royal Guard switch to let you do infinite dashes, but it's so hard :/ did you think the quality of the vids were any different?

Uhh... they were great. Both were of equal quality, I think. Only listened to the second with sound however. <.<

Dazzle DVC 100? What is it?
I want to make videos too now! DX

aka958

Don't trust people
*drools*

And at an epic price. o.o
When I get this months allowance I'll have to stop by Datacorner before running in and spend it all on Wii games. :F

Nessy

Are the videos in 4:3 res before you compile them?

For reference I render my videos with a bitrate of 3.1 megabits per second, if that helps you.

If you play in HD make sure your pixel aspect ratio is 1.3* instead of 1.

You've seen me play nero, I'd say my dante play is quite like yours, except I try to kill them as fast as possible without a break.

I think I will do bloody palace runs to see how far I can get with no damage, shouldn't be too difficult to do atleast the first 20 levels.

aka958

Don't trust people
Are the videos in 4:3 res before you compile them?

For reference I render my videos with a bitrate of 3.1 megabits per second, if that helps you.

If you play in HD make sure your pixel aspect ratio is 1.3* instead of 1.

You've seen me play nero, I'd say my dante play is quite like yours, except I try to kill them as fast as possible without a break.

I think I will do bloody palace runs to see how far I can get with no damage, shouldn't be too difficult to do atleast the first 20 levels.

I thought the same. Lucky piece of sh*t Mephistos got me at... 25? The one with lots of Mephistos... <.<

Nessy

after the chimera assaults start i'd be bound to make a mistake.

oh and you think 100MB is bad? I use fraps to record, I only record on half-size (which is 960x540 for me), and I only record at 30fps (dvd).

Guess the filze size of 3 minutes of footage...just under 4GB. So yeah, I can fill my hard drive pretty quickly.

Top Bottom