• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 rewrite ideas

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Not sure yet to be honest, tbh i would prefer nero be related through my other idea

Of sparda having a twin, not necessarily dante but a twin who had offspring who are the dad of nero, making him dante's cousin rather than nephew

But that is way too outside the box

Maybe but you should explore it further. I don't think it would change 5 that much. 5 doesn't really explore Nero's relationship with vergil that well. It's crammed in at the end and not explored well in either game.

My initial post was varied and went too far for some. So you could go as far as you want. If you wanna tell other stories after 4 but before 5 that's also an option.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Could also go down the route of nero being vergil's kid by experiment with his dna that was picked up from his blood during his time in fortuna, or even from the teminigru tower.The ascension ceremony made credo and other humans into demons after all, so the order clearly has the means.

There are loads of possible scenarios that could be made up.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Could also go down the route of nero being vergil's kid by experiment with his dna that was picked up from his blood during his time in fortuna, or even from the teminigru tower.The ascension ceremony made credo and other humans into demons after all, so the order clearly has the means.

There are loads of possible scenarios that could be made up.
That's what Metal gear did with Solid Snake.

So Nero could be a child injected with Vergil's DNA and his mother could've been a female scientist.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I am super familiar with the les enfant terribles project, gigantic mgs fan

Bigger fan of mgs than i am of dmc, was even on mgs forums til it got takenover by tapatalk and everyone left

But ya the experiment route works well, and him being rebellious and a baby could stem from being under a microscope his whole life leading up til the events of 4

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I am super familiar with the les enfant terribles project, gigantic mgs fan

Bigger fan of mgs than i am of dmc, was even on mgs forums til it got takenover by tapatalk and everyone left

But ya the experiment route works well, and him being rebellious and a baby could stem from being under a microscope his whole life leading up til the events of 4
You could still use your cousin pitch with the experiment pitch.

Nero's donor was Dante's paternal uncle.

But seperate pitches still work.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay then , challenge accepted lol

Nero is the result of dna taken from sparda's nephew who mundus killed along with his father(sparda's younger brother) to send sparda a message for his betrayal.

Agnus then takes said dna and uses it to grow nero inside a volunteer scientists womb and then upon his birth they manipulate him and study him all the way up to the events of DMC4.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Okay then , challenge accepted lol

Nero is the result of dna taken from sparda's nephew who mundus killed along with his father(sparda's younger brother) to send sparda a message for his betrayal.

Agnus then takes said dna and uses it to grow nero inside a volunteer scientists womb and then upon his birth they manipulate him and study him all the way up to the events of DMC4.
That works for me.

How Sparda's younger brother feel about his family? Both his son, Sparda and Sparda's wife and sons?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
In my scenario he embraced his humanity same as sparda, and he adored dante vergil and eva.Dante does not remember him though, and neither does vergil.They blocked out most of their memories of their childhood before they got split up.

Sparda's brother and his son who i will call Legion and Taurus died when dante was a toddler anyway.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
In my scenario he embraced his humanity same as sparda, and he adored dante vergil and eva.Dante does not remember him though, and neither does vergil.They blocked out most of their memories of their childhood before they got split up.

Sparda's brother and his son who i will call Legion and Taurus died when dante was a toddler anyway.
Did they die in Fortuna?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
No they died in the demon world, where mundus killed them. Agnus's Dad got the dna when they sent bianco angelo through the hellgates in fortuna about 40 years prior.

Top Bottom