• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Dante vs Godhand Gene

DMC Dante vs. Godhand Gene - WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eizirhk

who will win?

take note that all the effects, skills, view, etc., of both the characters game engine will still be present while they are battling...

who do you think will dominate?

>_<

SwordmasterStum

HalfBreed
You know, that's one of the best match-ups I've heard in a long time. Both are stylish, both can move at incredible speeds and both have transformations that kick ass. I don't know who would win, but I will say that Dante better not get knocked down, or else he'll get stomped... a lot.

Zato-OW

King
Both of these are good work of Capcom. GodHand is a very underrated game. But Dante would beat Gene. Nero would be a better suited match.

SwordmasterStum

HalfBreed
Well, hey, let's think about this a little more, though. Dante is a half-demon and Gene is a demi-god. It's kind of like Dante's weakness that Gene has that power, so maybe Gene does stand a chance of winning. Besides, releasing the God Hand is way better than Devil trigger. It just doesn't last as long.

eizirhk

hey... dont forget the mechanics of the fight...

both fighters(Dante and Gene) will be compiled in one program. if you are going to choose Gene, you will be using his game interface in battling the other player (Dante). Dante will also fight Gene using his game interface. all of the skills will still be present. for example, if Gene uses the roulette (which slows down time) Dante will be slowed. the same thing will happen to Gene if Dante uses Quicksilver. get the point?

SwordmasterStum

HalfBreed
Yeah, well, in that case, I'm leaning a lot more towards Dante, because Gene was easy to back into a corner. Yeah, Dante for the win. Definitely.

eizirhk

well, lets not be so sure about Dante's Victory over Gene...

remember, as far as i have known, Gene can easily dodge any attacks, projectile or melee. and take note, if Gene is handled professionally by a Godhand player, just like in the video i posted, no one can match this character in close quarter combat. but unlike Dante, this Gene has no range normal attack. he must use his Roullette to fire a "Head Slicer" or any other Godly long range skills. Dante can freely switch between his weapons, melee or ranged weapon. but still the question stands... who do you think will win this battle?

SwordmasterStum

HalfBreed
With range in mind, I'm still going with Dante, because he can just move way faster than gene, as in closing in on someone, not actual dodging movements. He's got rocket launchers, shotguns, and flying discs, as well as moves that are embodied by his energy, like drive, which he can keep doing. Gene's roullettes will run out pretty quickly. Also, Dante doesn't even have to dodge, because he can block absolutely every attack that comes his way, slow motion or not, so even though I love the hell out of God Hand, my vote is Gene coming in 2nd on this one.

eizirhk

but lets consider this...

if Dante can use Royal Guard, take note that Gene has the Guard Breaker ability that not only breaks the guard of the enemy but flinches the enemy as well.

about Dante's Ranged Arsenal

as i have said in my previous post, Gene can evade any attack from melee to ranged attacks. but lets not go out of the "Game Engine" topic.

remember... as stated in my previous posts, these two ass kicking characters will be compiled in one program... and they will battle it out.

the greatest Godhand Player will use Gene against the Greatest Devil May Cry Player who will use Dante.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom