• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Dante - Style switching with X360 controller

asdfen

Hi guys, gals and avid DMC players.
I was wondering if anyone able to help me out with advice regarding how to quickly switch styles like some of the best DMC4 players are doing in vids. I've played the game to death but quickly switching styles is not something I can do with default controller config. I am playing on PC with X360 controller.

The four arrow thingy that switches styles sucks for me and often I switch into an unwanted style. So any advice how to make Dante styles more accessible would be appreciated.

xbox-360-controller-recovers-stolen-console.jpg

Styles are on the arrow thingy middle left.

asdfen

I doubt people are using the dpad its way too imprecise. Pressing it diagonally causes switching to unwanted styles plus if you look at youtube footage there is no way to do that stuff with dpad. Maybe they are using different gamepad and/or some programmable stuff for single key button combos. I dunno.

I probably could use some program for single key button combos. Do not really want to buy another joystick since I just love xbox controller except for battery pack that always unattached itself on its own.

Looking for some input of what others are using. Default for Nero works for me Dante not so much.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Everything you see on youtube can be done with any controller/keyboard etc with default controls no one re-maps the stlye buttons, you could try shoulder buttons but that would be 10 times harder to play, sounds like you are rushing a bit, and most the combo vids arn't them just making things up as they go along, they use combo's they already practiced over and over with a bit of improvisation on the fly.

aka958

Don't trust people
Everything you see on youtube can be done with any controller/keyboard etc with default controls no one re-maps the stlye buttons, you could try shoulder buttons but that would be 10 times harder to play, sounds like you are rushing a bit, and most the combo vids arn't them just making things up as they go along, they use combo's they already practiced over and over with a bit of improvisation on the fly.

I do very few practised comboes. I like improvisation. :D

Styleswitching is hard to do for me because of the stupid d-pads. I press left, it somehow responds as I pressed up or down. DX

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I meant mainly the JC combos :D I sometimes get the problems with the D pad, but honestly not that much but I think I just hold my controller too much TBH I dont realy have a life! like I said maybe try something with the shoulder buttons thats the most logical way that wouldnt be too complicated but then maybe have start and select or back for weapon switch? but lock on may be hard to find a place for hope this helps in some way. :D

Also please excuse any bad grammar, my keyboards really on its last leg now ;)

aka958

Don't trust people
I meant mainly the JC combos :D I sometimes get the problems with the D pad, but honestly not that much but I think I just hold my controller too much TBH I dont realy have a life! like I said maybe try something with the shoulder buttons thats the most logical way that wouldnt be too complicated but then maybe have start and select or back for weapon switch? but lock on may be hard to find a place for hope this helps in some way. :D

Also please excuse any bad grammar, my keyboards really on its last leg now ;)

Your keyboard have legs? One of those support legs?

Well I switch combos for more than just JC combos. After spending alot of time on the directional buttons on the PS3 I got to say that I prefer the PS3's style switching alot more. It sometimes does the same mistake but not nearly as often as the Xbox360 controller.

emokittenlicker

CuppyCake!
I do very few practised comboes. I like improvisation. :D

Styleswitching is hard to do for me because of the stupid d-pads. I press left, it somehow responds as I pressed up or down. DX
omg! i dont really use trickster when im playing and so i always jump away and switch tha style but a lot of tha time it goes 2 trickster and i jump back 2 tha fight without noticeing!!!!!!!!! i gotta jump away again and repeat the style switching!! its so very annoying!!:mad: although i do like 2 mess w/ him by standing around when im not fighting and moving my finger around tha D pad lol

Nessy

SPOILER BELOW!

The 360 d-pad is a piece of ****

Basically if you don't press the button on the exact 90 degree bearing, it likes to think you pressed 2 directions at once.

Luckily I am awesome and have learned to use my left index finger for the analog stick so I can use my thumb when playing as dante, that way i can be more precise than moving my fingers over.

DMC_Freak

Yes I'm a DMC Freak XD
yeah, just be careful when using xbox 360 dpad. its SUCK! Just press on the edge and not like if it was a ps3 d pad

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Am I the only one who thinks that playing on a keyboard is much better & much easier than playing on either of the controllers ?? I play on pc too!!

Top Bottom