• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Control Myths.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If your reading this that means my plan of catching your attention worked and that I am awesome! Lol But jokes aside I do have a serious question concerning DMC4 controller configuration. (If this has been asked and answered before, than I apologize for wasting your time) Ok I've been watching some DMC4 Dante Must Die Mode "no damage" youtube videos and I've noticed that players seem to charge Nero's gun (up to the third level) while unleashing devilish (no pun intended) combos. So my question is how are they doing this? Did they move the gun button (which is the X button on the 360 for example) to let's say the left hand trigger button?
Or are they that good? Or perhaps they are using Easy Automatic Mode. (I've never used Easy Automatic Mode so I don't know to much about it) If these players have indeed switched the game control layout than is this possible to do on the 360 version or no? Also does the PC version allow them this liberty? Sorry for all the questions but I'm really dying to learn how these players pull these awesome combos.

Blitz

Heeeeey.
If they use Easy Automatic, Nero would do some combos alone. After the High Roller, any slash button=Helm breaker.
And it does automatically charges the weapon.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I see, well after watching some more videos I don't think these players are using Easy Automatic because I see some "Jump Canceling" and I don't think you can perform JC in EA Mode. Or can you?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well I'll be. You need to buy Enemy Step to perfrom Jump Cancel right? Also are these players switching the gun button to a left or right trigger button or no?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Some people reconfigure shoot to one of the triggers for Nero, I personally put it on the right trigger and then put taunt onto X/square. But some players like ChaserTech for example just play default controls.

None of the combo vids you see will be using Easy Automatic and yep enemy step must first be purchased in order to Jump Cancel. Also I don't know of any combo players that don't use standard controls for Dante, everyone keeps weapon/gun switching to the triggers.

Sometimes people also switch the gun button with the DT button, but this was mainly in DMC3 (Gunslinger or Vergil mainly) where you would need to press buttons faster to get cancels (like Stinger>Wildstomp) while holding/buffering things like Charge shots or Vergils Phantom Swords. Because in DMC4 you never really need to cancel anything through rapid tapping it's not too much trouble to keep default controls.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Some people reconfigure shoot to one of the triggers for Nero, I personally put it on the right trigger and then put taunt onto X/square. But some players like ChaserTech for example just play default controls.

None of the combo vids you see will be using Easy Automatic and yep enemy step must first be purchased in order to Jump Cancel. Also I don't know of any combo players that don't use standard controls for Dante, everyone keeps weapon/gun switching to the triggers.

Sometimes people also switch the gun button with the DT button, but this was mainly in DMC3 (Gunslinger or Vergil mainly) where you would need to press buttons faster to get cancels (like Stinger>Wildstomp) while holding/buffering things like Charge shots or Vergils Phantom Swords. Because in DMC4 you never really need to cancel anything through rapid tapping it's not too much trouble to keep default controls.
So DMC4 has a options section where you can switch the game controls? Because if so I might change the gun to a trigger button.

Top Bottom