• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 COMBO MAD: Another Demon Down

ChaserTech

By ChaserTech and 2bepower1

lol thanks for uploading this here. I thought about doing it myself but you already beat me to it.

Side note: this video came out a lot better than I originally thought it would. I personally thought all of my combos would be bad. But after consistently practicing combos everyday, I found some interesting ideas that I wanted to show. Like the Assault combo around 2:23 (which is my fave combo that I've done so far) And I'm also glad that 2bepower was interested in joining as well. It was pretty fun.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
lol thanks for uploading this here. I thought about doing it myself but you already beat me to it.

Side note: this video came out a lot better than I originally thought it would. I personally thought all of my combos would be bad. But after consistently practicing combos everyday, I found some interesting ideas that I wanted to show. Like the Assault combo around 2:23 (which is my fave combo that I've done so far) And I'm also glad that 2bepower was interested in joining as well. It was pretty fun.

I didn't want to go over your head but wasn't sure if you were going to post it :)

I think the collab ended up fantastic, your Nero combos have such personality and character to them (I love the Maximum Bet for movement!) and 2bepower was just fantastic.

A question, when you're thinking of a combo do you plan a structure for it (what moves to have in/end with etc) and then just add filler to get the health where you want it so it will kill them?

ChaserTech

I think the collab ended up fantastic, your Nero combos have such personality and character to them (I love the Maximum Bet for movement!) and 2bepower was just fantastic.

Thank you. :]

A question, when you're thinking of a combo do you plan a structure for it (what moves to have in/end with etc) and then just add filler to get the health where you want it so it will kill them?

Normally I experiment with different things or stuff that I've seen already and add my own twist to it. There are incidents where combos are completely random as a result. And after the random moment happened, I would try to replicate it again. An example would be the first combo that I did in the video. (Literally didn't know what I was going for when I first did it). After when I finished it, I saw what I liked and kept the video. But for the actual combo video, I got A LOT of inspiration from watching DMC4 COMBO MAD: ~The Scar~. It's what kept me going when I couldn't come up with anything. (should have put aura in the special thanks section. -_-; )

Also, as for health, 2bepower and I used trainers in the video (I know, I know. It's bad) but we literally didn't want to waste time trying to find a combo that fits within a certain margin of health. It's very tedious and time consuming. Especially when you have other things to do. If I do receive crap for using trainers, I'll just point to DMC4 Terminus and Kings of Hell March of the Wicked Kings since trainers were also used in those videos. Plus, I'm capable of performing combos that requires no trainers. But like I said, it's really annoying to waste time restarting a mission over and over just because you didn't get a combo that you wanted.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I don't see why people have a problem with using trainers in a combo vid. It's not like it's auto-piloting your inputs :/
Anyways awesome combos in there :) I don't get how you can use calibur/shuffle so much and not break your left analogue stick constantly lol

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Yeah anyone that complains about trainers/debug mode is just an idiot. I've got a clip against shadow Dante for my tourney entry and there's no way I was going to waste 1-2hrs each time I want a possible take. It's just ludicrous.

Ok cheers for the info, I don't have the luxury unfortunately of being able to record all the time and even when I do my failing equipment only tends to make about 50% of what I record useable, it makes things quite frustrating if you think you've got something good to see it failed or to do something good and not be recording.
I want to get to a decent level eventually but currently I'm just trying to really get all of Dantes JC links ingrained so deeply I can do stuff on the fly, I'm fairly consistent with most things (finally got the hang of Lucifer > JC > RG cancels the other day :D) and want to move on to learning side/reverse raves next ;D
Man Berial-debug mode: "flames lost" is awesome for this kinda thing!

ChaserTech

I don't see why people have a problem with using trainers in a combo vid. It's not like it's auto-piloting your inputs :/
Anyways awesome combos in there :) I don't get how you can use calibur/shuffle so much and not break your left analogue stick constantly lol

lol PS3 controllers are quite durable. Although I'm surprised that my controller hasn't had any wear n' tear since it's been about 3 - 4 years of me playing DMC4.

Yeah anyone that complains about trainers/debug mode is just an idiot. I've got a clip against shadow Dante for my tourney entry and there's no way I was going to waste 1-2hrs each time I want a possible take. It's just ludicrous.

I remember going to someone's video in which they were badmouthing anyone who used trainers or the debug menu. Saying that they aren't "a real DMC player". Hell, I've had one user who complained about me using the debug menu and also called me a faggot. It is extremely retarded.

ChaserTech

You know, I think I read that exchange!
Yeah he was a douche.

Yeah lol. It's ridiculous.

On a positive note, I recently read a comment on my combo video of it being better than DMC4 Terminus. I was really humbled at that. Although I still feel as if that this video could have been a lot better if 2bepower and I took our time with this collaboration.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
lol PS3 controllers are quite durable. Although I'm surprised that my controller hasn't had any wear n' tear since it's been about 3 - 4 years of me playing DMC4.
That long and no replacement? When I had PS3 I went through 3, mostly because the triggers became flimsy. I always ended up putting my middle/ring finger under the trigger to support it until I got a replacement lol
On a positive note, I recently read a comment on my combo video of it being better than DMC4 Terminus. I was really humbled at that. Although I still feel as if that this video could have been a lot better if 2bepower and I took our time with this collaboration.
Terminus didn't have nearly as much Nero play if I remember. Your video has a lot more balance with both Dante and Nero so that makes it much better in that department.
I find it even more confusing when people complain when someone uses it to practice. It's like they just can't accept any short cuts no matter what. It does make me wonder if they say it just to make themselves feel better for not using it, or as an excuse for why their not better than you.

ChaserTech

Terminus didn't have nearly as much Nero play if I remember. Your video has a lot more balance with both Dante and Nero so that makes it much better in that department.

True, however I don't believe the skill displayed in the combo video was on par with Terminus. Which is why I was kind of surprised at that claim.

I find it even more confusing when people complain when someone uses it to practice. It's like they just can't accept any short cuts no matter what. It does make me wonder if they say it just to make themselves feel better for not using it, or as an excuse for why their not better than you.

Prime example of a person who is like this: XLHGladiator.
His fans put him on a pedestal and think he's an extremely amazing player when he is honestly just some average gamer that likes to go for 100% achievements. (I'm sorry, but I don't consider 100% runs in an unstylish manner to be "hardcore" or "pro"). It's just a way for people to feel special about themselves because they feel as if they achieved something, when anyone could do it. You just need to follow a certain guideline in order to get a certain score which isn't that hard.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Prime example of a person who is like this: XLHGladiator.
His fans put him on a pedestal and think he's an extremely amazing player when he is honestly just some average gamer that likes to go for 100% achievements. (I'm sorry, but I don't consider 100% runs in an unstylish manner to be "hardcore" or "pro"). It's just a way for people to feel special about themselves because they feel as if they achieved something, when anyone could do it. You just need to follow a certain guideline in order to get a certain score which isn't that hard.
100% means nothing to me too. I mean look at the people at roosterteeth, they 100% games all the time and they suck lol
N I can see what you mean about his fans, looked at a DmC demo SSS run through he did and found this as a top comment "I would just like to say it's nice to see such a gifted veteran of the series giving this game a chance.". Very over the top praise for what I saw in the vid.

ChaserTech

100% means nothing to me too. I mean look at the people at roosterteeth, they 100% games all the time and they suck lol
N I can see what you mean about his fans, looked at a DmC demo SSS run through he did and found this as a top comment "I would just like to say it's nice to see such a gifted veteran of the series giving this game a chance.". Very over the top praise for what I saw in the vid.

Honestly, veterans is just a term for when someone been with something for a long time. However I normally consider people a veteran when they are good at what they are doing, as well as being around the game/series for a long time.

But calling XLHGladiator a "gifted veteran", that's when I know that the person has low standards. He also said something about "I don't use trainers like those cheaters" when he was talking about fighting Dante and I responded to him that not everyone who uses trainers are automatic cheaters. Plus, why would you waste time going through all of Bloody Palace just to fight Dante? Sure you may think you're accomplishing things, but what's the point of it all when you've done it already?

I'm not pointing fingers at XLHGladiator though, just his fanbase for the most part.
And I'm also not jealous since I do have a fanbase myself and I'm satisfied with the attention I get.

Top Bottom