• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC3 SE + Logitech Chillstream problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Hello fellow DMC 3 Special Edition (PC version, ofcourse) players. It`s been a long time since i`ve played the game and the last time i did, i finished it with a keyboard, however right now i`ve got myself a gamepad - Logitech Chillstream Click here for image and i`ve no intention to play with the keyboard anymore. But the problem is that, even with the 1.3 patch and that XBox controller hack it does not recognise this gamepad. The ABXY, RB and LB, up, down, left right buttons and the lower analogue stick are the only ones that have any effect, the higher analoge stick, LT and RT buttons don`t work with the game.
My question is, is there any possible way to make the controller to work properly with DMC 3 SE?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I've just got the PC SE again and was checking it out earlier - I had a similar problem, so ordered a PS2 controller to USB converter wondering if it'll make a difference (or using a PS controller rather than a PC imitation will work without flaws). I've heard the patch was supposed to fix some controller issues, but I'm not holding my breath. The converters aren't expensive but apparently they can be temperamental.

There's no way I can beat mission 7 on harder difficulties using the keyboard... without probably putting my fist through my monitor first.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've got a PS2 to usb converter. Can't wait until i get my new laptop and DMC3 SE to try it out. It doesn't work with Soul Reaver 2, but i'm hoping it will with DMC3.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Kind of a weird revival...
Anyway i did find a way to make that damn controller work, though it did give me some problems sometimes, the solution is ControlMK.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I got it working with JoyToKey, controlMK won't list the axes despite me having the drivers for the converter and the controller working fine. Dante runs like a weirdo, but it'll do for now.

One question - when you got it working with controlMK, did it allow for pressure sensitivity or moves that require holding down the buttons? (Summoned swords, stuff like that?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom