• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC2 ideas! (just sharing this that i posted in the DMC reddit. Also hoping Itsuno does get to do so with NT)

Elijah Guerrero

Ok so, DmC2 ideas!

(yes i'm aware many on this subreddit voice their thoughts that DmC is not part of the series, but it is with the WHOLE series in general and Itsuno classes it in anyway so who am I to disagree with god, anyway, here are some ideas).

-With the demons exposed and no longer able to hide and manipulate mankind, the 'fight the system' theme can be shaved off for classic ass kicking and story.

-Dante is more matured and a bit older, maybe with some facial hair, as he's been busy with Kat in helping mankind set up their resistance to not cow to demonkind. He can still be his asshole self to demons tho.

-Taunting can return, like in previous game can be based on rank, also for an added twist is there can be brutal taunting. Said taunts take a bit longer but would cause immense damage to demons & net style too. though time it wrong and get hit, you take a larger chunk of damage and your style just falls flat down to 0. (Example of this would be Dante breaking out a bottle of alcohol and starts chugging it down as a demon rushes in, another tap of the taunt button has him spray the drink out which is now flames thanks to some angel energy as the demon is set on fire and writhing in pain as he then chucks the bottle and knocks it on its ass, you have to time this so Dante doesn't get smacked tho).

-Angel and Devil styles, now i know taking out the classic styles for angel and demon mode was a mixed bag for some, but lets improve on that from DmC. Angel mode would give you trickster style movement and more parkour (think a bit like MGR's ninja run but you can also parkour on demons too). Demon mode would let you have a bit of a 'built' in royalguard where you can take a stance and demons can wail on you as you absord hits and redirect the energy. (Example is if you do said royalguard input to counter, you grab the demon about to hit you and pass the energy to them, making them blow up and die, or you can push all that energy out into a 360 shockwave to get everyone off of you).

-He's already got Swordmaster and Gunslinger movesets baked in, so lets add some more, even more mix-ups with weapon switches and some tech moves too (just frames, button mashing for crazy combos, max-acts and more)

-Since this version of Rebellion morphs into the weapons and Dante can't really sell them, lets merge the previous to still keep them around and leave room for more goodies. take Eryx and Aquila and together they become Hercules, red hot demon gauntlets (slimmed down) with angel blades that can extend from the knuckles (wolverine style), along the forearms (like batman) or just a long blade from the arm (like baraka). the improved weapon would give Dante a better fist style (martial arts, Boxing or UFC) and the blades allow him to slice and dice with a mode switch (like how Balrog switches from hands to feet).

- Devil, Angel and Nephilim Trigger; now hear me out on this one, i'm ok with DmC's take on Devil Trigger, though i was happy they fixed it so you no longer throw enemies in the air when you tap into it. To go more on these, let's give his DT spectral devil wings and horns that emerge form his head with his hands and feet flaming. Angel Trigger would have spectral angel wings and halo with the same effect on his limbs. To make them unique, DT still buffs your attack and heals over time but makes you slower, AT will heal you faster and gives you much more agility but your attcks don't hit as hard but you can go ham and still flinch enemies. AT lets you fly/glide with your agility, while DT makes you a unstoppable force and can bull rush through enemies and knock them back (tackle and throw a Tyrant at a group for example).

To add, Nephilim Trigger will be the real star here, and it'll function like SDT from 5, giving you immense power, speed and chaotic moves to boot, also you look like a four winged angel/demon hybrid that radiates raw power. of course it'll be the same way as Sin mode with filling the bar with your DT/AT bar (they share the same bar).

Grapples; update these with adding buster/ finishing blows (like Nero and V when they finish off demons in 5). Angel Pull has Dante go to them and impale them on Rebellion, stab away and yank out while Demon Pull has him use his hands to beat the **** out of the demon/angel recipient.

Bring in the Angels and add another group to fight as they see Dante as a blight upon their kind, though like Phineas, not all angels and demons must be against Dante.

-Show what Vergil has planned and flesh out their rivalry and relationship more, Dante not wanting to kill his flesh and blood while Vergil ants Dante out of the picture so he can reign king with his army.

Post your ideas or suggestions if you'd like, and please no hate and filling the comments with disdain.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd find a way to give this Dante kicks and not just punches. Plus bring back Phineas as the mentor to Dante.

And this is @absolitude's take on the Nephilim trigger

Elijah Guerrero

I'd find a way to give this Dante kicks and not just punches. Plus bring back Phineas as the mentor to Dante.

And this is @absolitude's take on the Nephilim trigger

Really, did not see his take on that tbh. But thats awesome to hear others have similar ideas for his Nephilim Trigger.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Cool ideas there man , not sure how itsuno could do it with ninja theory now though, they are Xbox first party Devs now

And not third party , and I doubt capcom will make it Xbox exclusive

Might have to go to platinum games or something instead

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
-Show what Vergil has planned and flesh out their rivalry and relationship more, Dante not wanting to kill his flesh and blood while Vergil ants Dante out of the picture so he can reign king with his army.
Mmm...personally, I wouldn't use Vergil immediately in DmC2. Everything started with the trio of Dante/Kat/Vergil and it feels like everything should end with them. Instead I would focus on world building, giving Dante new allies over time that could assist later in a war with Vergil in a later and possibly final game.

Everything else you mentioned sounds good though. :thumbsup:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought to do a game completely from Vergil's perspective- watching him form his "Foxhound" and solidify his control over hell.

Doing a game focusing on the Angels and what they are/what they want should be a priority in the next game.

DmC would have benefitted moving away from the mission-based structure so I'd tackle that in DmC2. I liked the idea of having Angel/Demon fulfilling the role of Trickster/RoyalGuard.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If only there was to make that a separate universe of DMC. Make their own stories.

Have Dante & Kat rebuild his old home into a new organization after the Order. Think Blade. Plus they'll need more allies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
True. But what I meant is something original in a way.

But anyway, how would you all picture Dante gaining more friends/allies of his own and not just Kat.
It can go on a different path than the main series. However you can't fully avoid comparisons because it is still a reboot using the name Devil may Cry.

Dante might try a recruitment drive to find people who can assist him. He'll go on missions, look through Vergil's files, they'll seek him out etc.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Why not have Dante go get sparda back , he was banished to a fate worse than death according to Vergil

So Dante could go on a journey to get him back , tackle Vergil in hell on the way and then sort the human world out in the background

Elijah Guerrero

Why not have Dante go get sparda back , he was banished to a fate worse than death according to Vergil

So Dante could go on a journey to get him back , tackle Vergil in hell on the way and then sort the human world out in the background
I had a similar idea, like Dante ventures down into Hell to see if he can find his old man, and he also comes across a devestated Eva (since Vergil left her sobbing over his turn). She helps guide him to a locked away Sparda, who was driven mad and broken by his imprisonment, torture and the tragedy of the family at Mundus' hands. So Dante has to fight his father while the spirit of Eva pleads with Sparda to try and restore his sanity as he and Dante beat the **** out of each other.

Dante is victorious, but gives the fatal blow to his pops as Sparda's physical form is crumbling away, and as a spirit like Eva, the lovers embrace and have some heart to heart with Dante as the two admit they never wanted such events to happen, him and Vergil falling out and asking him if they failed as parents to which he says no and affirms them that they did what they could. The parents then pass on as they imbue Dante with what small power they have left, helping him unlock his Nephilim Trigger and accepting his true power.

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

I had a similar idea, like Dante ventures down into Hell to see if he can find his old man, and he also comes across a devestated Eva (since Vergil left her sobbing over his turn). She helps guide him to a locked away Sparda, who was driven mad and broken by his imprisonment, torture and the tragedy of the family at Mundus' hands. So Dante has to fight his father while the spirit of Eva pleads with Sparda to try and restore his sanity as he and Dante beat the **** out of each other.

Dante is victorious, but gives the fatal blow to his pops as Sparda's physical form is crumbling away, and as a spirit like Eva, the lovers embrace and have some heart to heart with Dante as the two admit they never wanted such events to happen, him and Vergil falling out and asking him if they failed as parents to which he says no and affirms them that they did what they could. The parents then pass on as they imbue Dante with what small power they have left, helping him unlock his Nephilim Trigger and accepting his true power.
This was an absolute joy to read and I would love to see it happened. This is the kinda of stuff I want from the DMC series that I feel could only be given to me by the reboot also why while I enjoyed DMCV for what it was I still really do want DmC2. Really liking the emphasis put on Sparda and Eva introspection into thier marriage and parentage.

Elijah Guerrero

Eva's dead. Mundus ripped her heart out and killed her. What Vergil was seeing in Vergil's Downfall was all in his head. That wasn't really Eva, just like those weren't really Dante or Kat, just projections of them born of his complexes.
She's down there, its her soul that Vergil encounters, not a trick like the hollows.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd prefer NT or another western based company work on DmC2 over P* games. Capcom envisioned it as a western take on DMC so it feels better to have the developers be western-based. Plus they didn't seem to like DmC that much so they might have more fun doing the classic series.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nt are after being bought to do first party Xbox exclusives though

So best they can do is be consultants on it

Unless Microsoft wanna make DmC an Xbox exclusive , timed one or full exclusive

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@ef9dante_oSsshea
Honestly, I'm cool if DmC2 doesn't get made if NT can't make it. DmC is specifically Nt's vision so it would be weird for someone else to come in. So I'd be ok if another western developer did a different reboot or a spinoff for DMC. There's a bunch of good ideas in the new protagonists that could be worth exploring more.

On topic- I thought about Trish being raised as an angel and discovering she's a clone of Eva leading her to go on a quest to figure out who Eva was. That leads her to Dante and he tries to take her under his wing.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd like to see Sparda fleshed out. Perhaps an angel/good demon got Sparda out and tries to restore his sanity. Think like Kevin Flynn from Tron.

7abf810b2a4e845ad6a40c87f456e655.jpg

Dante, Kat and maybe along with a few allies search for Sparda and both father & son team up to stop Vergil and his demon army. Of course dealing with some angels who want vengeance for Eva's death.

Seeing Sparda playable would be perfect.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
@ef9dante_oSsshea
Honestly, I'm cool if DmC2 doesn't get made if NT can't make it. DmC is specifically Nt's vision so it would be weird for someone else to come in. So I'd be ok if another western developer did a different reboot or a spinoff for DMC. There's a bunch of good ideas in the new protagonists that could be worth exploring more.

Well people could always contact ninja theory and start a Kickstarter for DmC2 to show they are serious

And Xbox would gladly have that series exclusive to Xbox with capcoms permission

It's win win for capcom , they get the money without doing the work or investing in it

Microsoft could offer a huge budget for a DmC sequel

Top Bottom