• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC power hierarchy?

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
So we all know that even if it isn't reflected in the game, Dante is stronger the older he is. So we know that Dante's power goes 2>4>1>3, and that even by DMC4 he was top dog of the DMC universe, but what about the other characters in the game?
Where do you think the others stand? Could Lucia take Trish? Could end game Nero take a Force Edge wielding, sans Yamato Vergil? Could Nelo Angelo have soloed Sparda wielding Arkham? [unchained] Cerberus vs Bael or Dagon? Credo vs Bolverk? Berial vs Beowulf?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I don't know nearly enough about Lucia, but from what little I do know, I believe she is at least equal to Trish.

As to Nero...you mean as in he'd still have Yamato, and Vergil would be wielding Force Edge? *Hmms and Haws on this one*. I honestly don't know. At the very least, I think Nero would give Vergil one hell of a workout, but whether he'd win or not, I have no clue. O_O

I think Nelo Angelo could take an unchained Arkham wielding Sparda's power, but mostly because I don't believe Arkham would ever be worthy enough, nor have strength enough, to wield that much power.

Bahahaha! Oh god, yes, Cerberus would totally take out Bael or Dagon. XD Both of our little toad friends are sluggish, and Cerberus is much quicker, and much more aggressive. Bael and Dagon certainly have brute force as well, but they have far more weak-points than our three-headed quadruped.

Not sure about Credo vs. Bolverk, because I actually have no idea who that is. ^^; I'm assuming a DMC2 boss, since I haven't finished that one, yet.

As to Berial vs. Beowulf....hmm....I think they'd be fairly equally matched, strength-wise, but Beowulf is a bit more evasive, so it might give him the advantage. Then again, any blows Berial could land would probably be more severe.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
As to Nero...you mean as in he'd still have Yamato, and Vergil would be wielding Force Edge? *Hmms and Haws on this one*. I honestly don't know. At the very least, I think Nero would give Vergil one hell of a workout, but whether he'd win or not, I have no clue. O_O
Gotta give Nero a chance, right? Yamato being his weakness and all, kinda ruins the point of speculating a match up when you hand one of them a game ender.

Btw the chain thing is in reference to Cerberus - him being chained to a wall and all is kind of unfair lol.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Gotta give Nero a chance, right? Yamato being his weakness and all, kinda ruins the point of speculating a match up when you hand one of them a game ender.

Btw the chain thing is in reference to Cerberus - him being chained to a wall and all is kind of unfair lol.

Oh, I just wanted to make sure that's what you meant (about Nero and Vergil). ^^;

As to the unchained part, yeah, I read that wrong (and took it as a metaphor, lol). Yeah, chained up, Cerberus probably wouldn't fair nearly as well. :p

I stand by my conclusions. ;)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i reckon lucia and trish is a tie

nero would still lose to vergil with force edge i reckon

berial has a,sword so i give him the win over beowolf

cerberus ftw

and bolverek would take credo

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The way I see it;

Nero could stand toe-to-toe with Trish, but would esaly defeat Lady. For Lucia I assume she's as powerful as Dante was in DMC2, so Lucia would win.

Trish and Nero our equal but she would own Lady, stomp Credos, but would lose to Lucia.

Lucia would beat them all given her being a possible equal to DMC2 Dante whose the strongest.

Lady wouldn't win but would do a hell of a lot of damage in the process.

Credos would only be able to beat Lady.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I notice the absence of DmC so...yeah.

If I had to guess, it probably wasn't intended as a slight. ^^; Likely intended as a preventative measure to ensure none of the usual, hostile "DMC vs. DmC" crap.

Though it would have been interesting to have them incorporated here, for the sake of friendly debate..

But hey, we all know that all it would take is one troll or ass-hat to ruin the whole civil debate thing. :/

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
For Lucia I assume she's as powerful as Dante was in DMC2, so Lucia would win.
I wouldn't go that far. She lost against run of the mill Arius - Dante stomped him and only stopped to save Lucia's life. He then returned and made TDE his bitch.

I notice the absence of DmC so...yeah.
Do you really see any of the bosses in DmC taking a boss in the original series? 2 of them can't even fight anywhere but their home turf. If you compare displays of power then most of the DmC bosses, save for Mundus are actually pretty lackluster compared to DMC bosses. Using Berial as an example...
Hunter - weakness exposed by a molotov. Ok. Berial literally sets half the damn area on fire.
Poison - attached to the ceiling. Berial uses that ridiculously long sword of his to 1 slash her support cables.
Barbus - AoE fire attack, all pads are hit, go to work.
Mundus spawn - doesn't dodge anything you throw at it and its main attacks are a disco ball and shockwaves. Berial can jump about 90 ft in the air.

Pre-emptive defence for anyone who assumes I hate the reboot:
dOi9wrT.jpg

eIrA9L7.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom