• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC General Storyline and How Other Storylines "Effect" Games

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Ok... I don't like DMC's overall story outside of a few Inuyasha and Melfice moments here and there.

Not to mention, I also don't think focusing on a game's story automatically makes a game worse. It's just good game development to want to properly tie in its narrative to its gameplay elements.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ok... I don't like DMC's overall story outside of a few Inuyasha and Melfice moments here and there.

Not to mention, I also don't think focusing on a game's story automatically makes a game worse. It's just good game development to want to properly tie in its narrative to its gameplay elements.
I liked DMC's story and saw potential in it (otherwise i wouldn't have joined this forum) but most of my discontent towards the storyline comes from a lack of faith in the current writers because they seem too afraid to commit to any new change so it ends up feeling half-baked.

i guess its more of a question about what kind of stories your trying to tell because dmc4 and DmC felt too constrained by the limits that hack n slash games have rather than DMC3 were most of the story problems were use of exposition/context.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Well DMC's plot is full of holes and is just asinine crap that anime nerds love to write in their fanfictions all day. I'll admit there are it's good moments (and by good, I mean DMC1 being the only real good one in terms of story even if it was brain-dead simple as hell) but most of DMC's plot is played out, dried up, and filled with cliche after cliche. ESPECIALLY DMC4 with it's "save the princess" anime bullshit.
And I love how fans use the excuse of "It's meant to be played, not to have a deep story". 'Kay so basically you're making excuses for it having sh!t story with gameplay. Yeah that makes sense.

Viper

Premium
I happen to like DMC's story just the way it is.
Sure, it has gaping holes, mostly the result of writers being pulled back. I mean, look at Deadly Fortune novel, that was all stuff that could have made DMC4's story a complete one, not a perfect one but complete at least, yet so much was scrapped.
Otherwise, it serves it's purpose and makes my creative juices going. In fact, it makes them going more than anything, since there isn't so much details to think about and I can just go crazy writing.

Top Bottom