• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC elements in DmC

TonyRedgraveDMC

Had DmC continued, what elements from the original's story do you think would have/should have been adapted, and how?

I have to imagine that Trish could have appeared either as a demon counterpart or a demon character whose "vessel" was identical to Eva, or, cliche I know, what with Dante & Vergil being twins, but implied Eva had a twin or nigh identical sister who became a "fallen angel" and thus a demon.

It was inevitable that Sparda wouldn't have really got screentime in the game, but giving him a character model in the game would have been cool to play as him via a skin, and alluding to him actually having an DmC counterpart to the Force Edge would have been cool, tho a painting of Sparda shows him simply having the Rebellion (is its ability to convert to other angelic/demonic weapons exclusive to being wielded by nephilim? Then why is Rebellion neutral, and not exclusively demonic? Heck, for that matter, why does Sparda use the emblem so far representative of nephilim?)

I could have seen Eva's "Blue Rose" thing been expanded on as a deeper call back to Nero.

Common thoughts are that it would have been cool if other lesser "demon kings" existed in other parts of the world, like Argosax or something. Maybe "The Order" in Vergil's absence and abandonment would have been reestablished as an actual "worship God, praise angels, oppose demons" kind of church thing.

Am I the only one who has thought these things?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Had DmC continued, what elements from the original's story do you think would have/should have been adapted, and how?

I have to imagine that Trish could have appeared either as a demon counterpart or a demon character whose "vessel" was identical to Eva, or, cliche I know, what with Dante & Vergil being twins, but implied Eva had a twin or nigh identical sister who became a "fallen angel" and thus a demon.

It was inevitable that Sparda wouldn't have really got screentime in the game, but giving him a character model in the game would have been cool to play as him via a skin, and alluding to him actually having an DmC counterpart to the Force Edge would have been cool, tho a painting of Sparda shows him simply having the Rebellion (is its ability to convert to other angelic/demonic weapons exclusive to being wielded by nephilim? Then why is Rebellion neutral, and not exclusively demonic? Heck, for that matter, why does Sparda use the emblem so far representative of nephilim?)

I could have seen Eva's "Blue Rose" thing been expanded on as a deeper call back to Nero.

Common thoughts are that it would have been cool if other lesser "demon kings" existed in other parts of the world, like Argosax or something. Maybe "The Order" in Vergil's absence and abandonment would have been reestablished as an actual "worship God, praise angels, oppose demons" kind of church thing.

Am I the only one who has thought these things?

We have theorized/fantasized about future DMC characters in future DmC titles before. Just check the backpages.

Trish might be better as an angel because it would give you a chance to explore that side of the verse more. You could make her an angel relative or have her be a clone of Eva just done by the angels this time. Or just make her a clone of Kat that whatever factions try to use against Dante.

Lucia works better as a demon who is struggling to do the right thing. Arius would be her actual father and having a similar role to Mundus. He was a former alchemist who sold his soul to be a demon. Matier is her grandmother who is from a clan of female demons who stay out of normal affairs and are nomadic.

Lady and Arkham are mediums and Arkham wants to separate the human world from demon-angel affairs. This is actually quite dangerous but he believes himself to be the hero so he doesn't care (spoilers- he isn't)

Santus is a human who fell in love with an angel named Gloria and has two children named Kyrie and Credo. He is a legit believer in the angels but doesn't realize how much of a pawn he really is.

Morrison is a PR agent whose grandfather sold his soul to the demons years ago. He helps Dante with his PR problems and represents Patty or her mom who is a medium turned child pop star.

Tony Redgrave is a firestarter who worked for Sparda and was supposed to look after Dante if anything were to happen. He sells Sparda out setting up the events of Dante's childhood.

EDIT-
https://www.comicsbeat.com/g-willow-wilson-introduces-ruin-her-new-addition-to-the-sandman-universe/

This is the look I wanted for V but I think he and Nero should be shelved. They feel redundant with Young Dante/Vergil running around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom