• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC: Dracula May Cry

Was this worth your time?

• Total voters

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
While splunking about on multiple castlevania games, I noticed an odd trend. Both DMC and Castlevania are actually very much similar. Not story or character wise, but its still rather strange. Allow me to exlain game by game.

Castlevania/DMC 1: Both games were the first of their kinds back in the day. Castlevania being a sidescrolling platformer with an incredible difficulty level, and devil may cry being a survival horror with also a high difficulty level, both games having memorable bosses, powerups, and secrets. ok.
Castlevania 2/DMC2 both were considered horrible games at the time. CV2 tried to extend its overall game time with running around, and with dMC2 adding a 2nd character to extend the gametime and plot as well.
Castlevania 3/DMC3 both attempted to return to the source material of the first games, and are both prequels to the first.
Castlevania 4/DMC4 expanded their graphics to a whole new level, both played on completely new consoles, and added new tricks and abilities to the main characters while staying true to the original items/combos.
Castlevania SOTN/DMC Feature new characters, new story, new combat styles on a new console.

I just thought this was kinda interesting, Im sure theres more.
P.s I Don't think I posted in the right place, but whateves.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
While splunking about on multiple castlevania games, I noticed an odd trend. Both DMC and Castlevania are actually very much similar. Not story or character wise, but its still rather strange. Allow me to exlain game by game.

Castlevania/DMC 1: Both games were the first of their kinds back in the day. Castlevania being a sidescrolling platformer with an incredible difficulty level, and devil may cry being a survival horror with also a high difficulty level, both games having memorable bosses, powerups, and secrets. ok.
Castlevania 2/DMC2 both were considered horrible games at the time. CV2 tried to extend its overall game time with running around, and with dMC2 adding a 2nd character to extend the gametime and plot as well.
Castlevania 3/DMC3 both attempted to return to the source material of the first games, and are both prequels to the first.
Castlevania 4/DMC4 expanded their graphics to a whole new level, both played on completely new consoles, and added new tricks and abilities to the main characters while staying true to the original items/combos.
Castlevania SOTN/DMC Feature new characters, new story, new combat styles on a new console.

I just thought this was kinda interesting, Im sure theres more.
P.s I Don't think I posted in the right place, but whateves.

im pretty sure there are a few members who posted about how the devil may cry series was "supposed" to rival and mirror that of castlvania so your not far off at all

Top Bottom