• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Dante/Vergil stats

IncarnatedDemon

Found this on Deviantart

dmc_power_grid_by_seibroken-d5zjrly.png

Though i wonder how the person managed to figure out the stats...

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I highly doubt those are accurate, I mean, Nero being stronger than both DMC 1 and 3 Dante? And even stronger than DMC 3 Vergil?...
Yeah no I don't think so...
Neros strong yes, but not THAT strong...

berto

I Saw the Devil
I highly doubt those are accurate, I mean, Nero being stronger than both DMC 1 and 3 Dante? And even stronger than DMC 3 Vergil?...
Yes, he is, the same way Trish is more powerful than Dante Nero is also got more strength power than Dante.

Dante isn't particularly powerful or strong, what he is is skilled.

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
I Like the idea. But this seems more opinionated than anything. Plus, why did he put Donte and Vorgil if the pictures are right next to the names. anyone on here can tell the difference. just sayin..........

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3

I think Nero's destructive power is far beyond Dante's. I mean, if you look at the ending of DMC4 what he done with the Savior (the statue itself) with just his Devil Bringer is kinda "wow". As Berto said, i think that Dante is a skilled warrior and use the destructive power of his weapons and not just his "own" power, he kinda makes a mix of his own powers and the weapon's powers to be powerful in the first place (just like humans do, weapons serves as "extensions" of humans body destructive power, being swords, clubs or firearms). He sures got a lot of physical strength, but what Nero can do with Devil Bringer alone is somewhat impossible to DMC3 and even DMC4 Dante regarding physical strength.

EDIT: About the chart itself, cool idea, with things like this we can even translate the characters powers to an RPG world, for example.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Yes, he is, the same way Trish is more powerful than Dante Nero is also got more strength power than Dante.

Dante isn't particularly powerful or strong, what he is is skilled.

Yeah, in VJ Dante makes a reference how strong Trish is and questions her why she didn't get free from Fire Leo?.In VJ2 Trish is called Mighty Trish. It seems too Trish is the leader on this partnership.
Now it come the question: why wasn't Trish to take the Savior down or at least helping Nero?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
In the chart, compared to pretty much every character they look really weak

But from what they have shown to us, they were really weak compared to this other characters, mainly talking about stamina and strength; their speed doesn't seem to be amazing too, like Dante's and Vergil's DTed running and attacking speed overall. I think that the only thing really powerful about Donte itself is his DT and the boosts on strength he gains from it, but it's major effects are very specific to the enemy's nature (only work with demons, and it seems related to Limbo somehow, but i don't remember if there's any good explanation about it) so it kinda bring his "Power Projection" down; different from the earlier characters that their DTs don't really affects the opponent but just boosts themselves in a major way.

purpleapples

But from what they have shown to us, they were really weak compared to this other characters, mainly talking about stamina and strength; their speed doesn't seem to be amazing too, like Dante's and Vergil's DTed running and attacking speed overall. I think that the only thing really powerful about Donte itself is his DT and the boosts on strength he gains from it, but it's major effects are very specific to the enemy's nature (only work with demons, and it seems related to Limbo somehow, but i don't remember if there's any good explanation about it) so it kinda bring his "Power Projection" down; different from the earlier characters that their DTs don't really affects the opponent but just boosts themselves in a major way.
good points, well it may just be me but i dont think they were quite as weak as the chart made out though i do agree that they arent as strong as the others

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
good points, well it may just be me but i dont think they were quite as weak as the chart made out though i do agree that they arent as strong as the others

They're quite powerful characters for their own worlds, i think that DmC's notion of "power" is much more akin to characters from comics, the characters have major strengths (and awesome, like Superman or Hulk) and major weaknessess, the DMC's characters power are independent from most outside aspects. In DMC the things are much more simpler overall, they have only minor weakenesses that are implied in the game (like Devil Bringer's only apparently weaknesses being Yamato itself).

purpleapples

They're quite powerful characters for their own worlds, i think that DmC's notion of "power" is much more akin to characters from comics, the characters have major strengths (and awesome, like Superman or Hulk) and major weaknessess, the DMC's characters power are independent from most outside aspects. In DMC the things are much more simpler overall, they have only minor weakenesses that are implied in the game (like Devil Bringer's only apparently weaknesses being Yamato itself).
I have to say thats an interesting way to put it, comparing the DmC strengths to comic books had never thought of that

Top Bottom